Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even after today... 20:01 - Jan 1 with 4514 viewshoppy

I’ve still not given up hope... it’s not going to be easy, but Millwall themselves have taken 9 points out of 9 over Christmas, and that makes a BIG difference... we need to start doing the same. After 2 minutes of today’s game I guess we were top of the form league for 2019...

#lookingforpositives

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Even after today... on 20:07 - Jan 1 with 4478 viewsPJH

I agree hoppy.
I am a lot less despondent than I was three hours ago.
Today was a game that we needed to win,expected to win and should have won and now to have much hope at all we need to win 50% of our remaining games.
It would take a huge shift in results but does not need much of a shift in general performance.
We just need to create more chances,take more chances and make less mistakes-simples.
Even after today... on 20:10 - Jan 1 with 4451 viewsPecker

I am still hurting. It is going to take a hell of an effort to get us out of it. I will stay positive and tomorrow will be rosier, but for now, still hurting.
Even after today... on 21:32 - Jan 1 with 4319 viewsMJallday

It’s been patently obvious to me since October were as good as down so I’ve mentally prepared myself for that

On the plus side loads of new grounds to visit

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Even after today... on 21:34 - Jan 1 with 4293 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is going to take a colossal turnaround from here. Short of signing a couple of fantastic players, I have given up hope Hoppy. Here is to something amazing in the next few days or weeks but I won't hold my breath.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Even after today... on 21:38 - Jan 1 with 4260 viewsHerbivore

The 6 points we've thrown away in under half an hour of bizarre defensive meltdowns against Brizzle and now Millwall looks absolutely huge. Both games we deserved to win across the piece but managed to chuck away with horrendous defending for brief second half spells. That simply can't happen again if we want to have any chance of staying up but, at home at least, we have at least been putting ourselves in positions where we can win the game. That didn't happen under Hurst at PR.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Even after today... on 21:40 - Jan 1 with 4234 viewsVaughan8

Millwall also hadn't won away all season until today. 10 points from safety (more like 11) means we need 4 wins to even catch up.........we have only won 2 all season so far. I just can't see it when we let in at least 2 goals a game.....

#tryingtoberealistic
Even after today... on 21:40 - Jan 1 with 4232 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Even after today... on 21:38 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

The 6 points we've thrown away in under half an hour of bizarre defensive meltdowns against Brizzle and now Millwall looks absolutely huge. Both games we deserved to win across the piece but managed to chuck away with horrendous defending for brief second half spells. That simply can't happen again if we want to have any chance of staying up but, at home at least, we have at least been putting ourselves in positions where we can win the game. That didn't happen under Hurst at PR.

To be fair, memory is short.

Under Hurst we did put ourselves ahead in games at PR - Blackburn and Norwich spring to mind.

We have been shooting ourselves in the foot with poor defending all season and it seems to be getting worse. We are missing experience and organisation on the pitch.

Even after today... on 21:45 - Jan 1 with 4201 viewsHerbivore

Even after today... on 21:40 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, memory is short.

Under Hurst we did put ourselves ahead in games at PR - Blackburn and Norwich spring to mind.

We have been shooting ourselves in the foot with poor defending all season and it seems to be getting worse. We are missing experience and organisation on the pitch.

They were the only two games we led at home and for a combined total of about 15 minutes. We didn't really deserve to win either game. Under Lambert we've led in 5 out of 6 home games and ought to have won at least two more than we have. We aren't far away, we need better defenders in and another option up front to make us more clinical but it's relatively small margins to make us a side capable of winning our home games.

Login to get fewer ads

Even after today... on 22:14 - Jan 1 with 4106 viewsArthur_1975

Today, the hope died for me, as the third goal went in. 10 points from safety, 11 really considering our GD. This means we need 4 more wins than the next 3 teams above. Not impossible but highly unlikely given our form during 2018. The standard of player we need, ME won't pay for, but with us in this position they wouldn't want to come anyway.
Even after today... on 22:18 - Jan 1 with 4078 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Even after today... on 22:14 - Jan 1 by Arthur_1975

Today, the hope died for me, as the third goal went in. 10 points from safety, 11 really considering our GD. This means we need 4 more wins than the next 3 teams above. Not impossible but highly unlikely given our form during 2018. The standard of player we need, ME won't pay for, but with us in this position they wouldn't want to come anyway.

I disagree about the goal difference bit.

If we won 3 by a single goal and drew one that Rotherham lost all 4 of the corresponding fixtures, they would only need of those 4 to be by a 2 goal margin for it to be the same as ours.

The bigger issue is us actually winning games.

Even after today... on 22:25 - Jan 1 with 4050 viewsBlueNode

I still hurt badly after today... I have only mumbled a couple of sentences to the missus.. she's knows and is leaving me be.

I really cannot see a way out of this predicament and the reality is biting hard.. painful.

I am feeling all sorts, far too much rather than thinking anything.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 22:26]

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Even after today... on 22:36 - Jan 1 with 4007 viewsRyorry

Good on ya, me neither.

Ry? "She's behind you"*

*sorry, couldn't resist

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Even after today... on 22:47 - Jan 1 with 3972 viewsreusersfreekicks

We really have only a tiny tiny chance. Stats and history are against us totally.
Even after today... on 22:50 - Jan 1 with 3961 viewsRyorry

Even after today... on 22:47 - Jan 1 by reusersfreekicks

We really have only a tiny tiny chance. Stats and history are against us totally.

Stats are very ripe for a fall then!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Even after today... on 22:54 - Jan 1 with 3942 viewshoppy

Even after today... on 22:47 - Jan 1 by reusersfreekicks

The stats said that Millwall hadn't won an away game all season before today...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Even after today... on 23:00 - Jan 1 with 3917 viewsTrequartista

Even after today... on 21:38 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

Any team, no matter how badly they are playing, can score a goal at any time in a game, so to say under Hurst at PR we were never in a position where we can win a game when we drew five of the seven is simply ludicrous.

I can understand trying to find positives in the team you support, so there is nothing wrong with your post until the last line, but I cannot understand these continual attempts to make out that things are so much better under the new manager with a team on a run of 7 defeats, 1 draw and 1 win in the last 9.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Even after today... on 23:21 - Jan 1 with 3863 viewsHerbivore

Even after today... on 23:00 - Jan 1 by Trequartista

Any team, no matter how badly they are playing, can score a goal at any time in a game, so to say under Hurst at PR we were never in a position where we can win a game when we drew five of the seven is simply ludicrous.

I can understand trying to find positives in the team you support, so there is nothing wrong with your post until the last line, but I cannot understand these continual attempts to make out that things are so much better under the new manager with a team on a run of 7 defeats, 1 draw and 1 win in the last 9.

Again, all you're highlighting here is that you haven't seen us play this season. We never genuinely looked like winning a home game under Hurst, we were never really close. Your desperation to defend him is odd.

Even after today... on 23:30 - Jan 1 with 3826 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Said on the official post-game comment page that until it's a mathematical certainty the team can't avert a fall into lower league then not prepared to give up on it. Some people are insistent the club is beyond salvation, that's their business and while appreciate their opinion, just can't bring oneself to admit it's a lost cause at what is essentially still very much a premature time.

All we need do is focus on key areas of the team namely defense and attack and the rest should fit into place. Get rid of the dead wood holding the club back and bring in some no-thrills players that are workmanlike and dependable. Could be a number of individuals in the squad feeling sorry for themselves or not realizing their potential, this has to be addressed one way or another in the immediate time ahead.
Even after today... on 23:33 - Jan 1 with 3806 viewslinhdi

Even after today... on 20:10 - Jan 1 by Pecker

I am still hurting. It is going to take a hell of an effort to get us out of it. I will stay positive and tomorrow will be rosier, but for now, still hurting.

Agree 100%. It really hurts tonight, as I was so proud of our team. The kids were fantastic and Harrison superb. Much to build on
Even after today... on 05:19 - Jan 2 with 3586 viewsBenters2

It was also Millwalls first win away all season.
Even after today... on 06:00 - Jan 2 with 3568 viewsWonky

Had we won, we'd still be 7 points adrift. That's the problem even winning we rely on other results.
Even after today... on 06:31 - Jan 2 with 3543 viewsBenters2

Even after today... on 06:00 - Jan 2 by Wonky

Had we won, we'd still be 7 points adrift. That's the problem even winning we rely on other results.

This.
Even after today... on 08:07 - Jan 2 with 3439 viewsSteve_M

The four teams above us really aren't any better than we are and three of them have been dropping very steadily since about October. The problem is that gap we have to make up of course.

A lot comes down to the Rotherham match, win that and build on it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024