Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to Sadiq 08:52 - Jan 2 with 11202 viewsfactual_blue

Top trolling.

The gammonista snowflakes are turning blue and yellow with indignation.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/sadiq-khan-eu-fireworks-london_uk_5c2b5a7

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hats off to Sadiq on 09:02 - Jan 2 with 7997 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"Betrayal of democracy". What a clown.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hats off to Sadiq on 09:42 - Jan 2 with 7917 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

What a waste of money.

Couldn't the money be used for better purposes like helping the homeless or fighting knife crime and moped muggings?

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Hats off to Sadiq on 09:51 - Jan 2 with 7891 viewsjjblue84

Hats off to Sadiq on 09:42 - Jan 2 by BullardsMagicMullet

What a waste of money.

Couldn't the money be used for better purposes like helping the homeless or fighting knife crime and moped muggings?

But the major wouldn’t be able to instantly look good if he didn’t do a big pointless firework display!!
Hats off to Sadiq on 10:04 - Jan 2 with 7855 viewscrunchie1978

Truely disgusting individual....choosing a time like that to make a point when there was literally people dying on HIS streets at the same time.
He's out of for his own political gain....but saying that...would another mayor...from another political party be any different.
Hats off to Sadiq on 10:09 - Jan 2 with 7826 viewsjaseitfc

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:04 - Jan 2 by crunchie1978

Truely disgusting individual....choosing a time like that to make a point when there was literally people dying on HIS streets at the same time.
He's out of for his own political gain....but saying that...would another mayor...from another political party be any different.

So no fireworks at all then? Because they'd cost money whatever colour he decided to use ?

Let's all just stop spending money on anything because there are homeless people then!
Hats off to Sadiq on 10:19 - Jan 2 with 7800 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

What a waste of money.

I think you'll find that the New Years Eve firework display generates a lot of money through the thousands of people who line the streets to see it. Perhaps the benefit may be felt more indirectly, but still that is millions of pounds to the local economy in just one evening.
Hats off to Sadiq on 10:26 - Jan 2 with 7769 viewsfactual_blue

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:19 - Jan 2 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I think you'll find that the New Years Eve firework display generates a lot of money through the thousands of people who line the streets to see it. Perhaps the benefit may be felt more indirectly, but still that is millions of pounds to the local economy in just one evening.

Tickets are £10, and they sell 100,000 of them. That alone covers about half of the cost.

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:33 - Jan 2 with 7744 viewsfactual_blue

What a waste of money.

Sadly this clown gives his identity away with his comment at 50 secs

Login to get fewer ads

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:35 - Jan 2 with 7728 viewsSteve_M

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:04 - Jan 2 by crunchie1978

How much influence does any mayor have over central government policies?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:37 - Jan 2 with 7720 viewsm14_blue

Hats off to Sadiq on 09:02 - Jan 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

"Betrayal of democracy". What a clown.

I preferred the MEP who said "Would he have shown an Argentinian flag during the Falklands War?"

That's the real attitude of many Brexiters towards the EU, no matter how much they talk about still being friends etc.......
Hats off to Sadiq on 10:38 - Jan 2 with 7711 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:35 - Jan 2 by Steve_M

How much influence does any mayor have over central government policies?

Depends, is the mayor in question a brown one or a good old jolly English chap?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:50 - Jan 2 with 7670 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:26 - Jan 2 by factual_blue

Tickets are £10, and they sell 100,000 of them. That alone covers about half of the cost.

Don't they also sell tickets to sit to the London Eye as well? Imagine sitting in one of the pods while all hell breaks loose around you. Would be quite the assault on the senses.... And the wallet I would imagine
Hats off to Sadiq on 11:40 - Jan 2 with 7572 viewsBenters2

What a waste of money.

He’s a prize prick and should be ashamed of himself.
Hats off to Sadiq on 11:55 - Jan 2 with 7532 viewstcblue

Well, I enjoyed the fireworks.

Hope nobody dies this year from knife crime so we can have some fireworks (I say fireworks, it'll mostly be effigies of brown people I imagine) next year
Hats off to Sadiq on 12:48 - Jan 2 with 7483 viewsLord_Lucan

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:26 - Jan 2 by factual_blue

I don’t know how much it cost for police, security, closing the road and the river but the cost of the firework display would have been about £300k and they would have made a tidy profit.

Now I know who fired the display and it was a good display but it was completely ruined by a few things - all of which would have been specially and specifically requested by the Mayors office.

They had what we call a false finale and after that they resumed with “All you need is Love” and a load of heart and smiley face shells (the majority of which burst either upside down or on their side (which they tend to do) and then went to a real finale which was nowhere as good as the false one.

If the mayor insisted on fecking about with it he should have listened to the more than competent display team and stuck the Euro bit in the middle. Unfortunately he wouldn’t listen because his ego got in the way.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hats off to Sadiq on 12:51 - Jan 2 with 7456 viewsSomethingBlue

Hats off to Sadiq on 11:40 - Jan 2 by Benters2

He’s a prize prick and should be ashamed of himself.

Explain — in a coherent way, if you can, using facts — why that is.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:12 - Jan 2 with 7390 viewsSpruceMoose

Especially on this thread. Delightful!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:15 - Jan 2 with 7366 viewsjaseitfc

Not really got an issue with it as I don't give a sh1t but i hate how literally everything is politicised these days

I remember doing politics at uni back in 2009 and no one gave a sh1t except people on my course - now everyone, everything is getting political; at the time I wanted people into politics and less apathy... I think I now prefer apathy
Hats off to Sadiq on 13:16 - Jan 2 with 7364 viewsbluewein

People are actually getting offended by the colour of fireworks.

And I thought 2018 was bad...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:21 - Jan 2 with 7341 viewstcblue

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:16 - Jan 2 by bluewein

Wait til they hear about the vegan sausage roll at Gregs
Hats off to Sadiq on 13:24 - Jan 2 with 7325 viewsjaseitfc

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:21 - Jan 2 by tcblue

This is what my granddad didn't die for!?????
Hats off to Sadiq on 13:26 - Jan 2 with 7315 viewsMullet

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:21 - Jan 2 by tcblue

Aren't they just rolls? Are vegans allowed sausages? I know the meat content is low and a lot of them cheat now and again, but surely?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:30 - Jan 2 with 7304 viewsSpruceMoose

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:16 - Jan 2 by bluewein

Yet it is the leftwingers who are snowflakes apparently

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:36 - Jan 2 with 7278 viewsjaseitfc

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:30 - Jan 2 by SpruceMoose

Yet it is the leftwingers who are snowflakes apparently

I think if you identify as either left or right your adding to the toxic divisiveness

You should never go deep in your trench.... there have been/will be times even your own side are wrong
Hats off to Sadiq on 13:37 - Jan 2 with 7323 viewsstonojnr

Hats off to Sadiq on 12:48 - Jan 2 by Lord_Lucan

I don’t know how much it cost for police, security, closing the road and the river but the cost of the firework display would have been about £300k and they would have made a tidy profit.

Now I know who fired the display and it was a good display but it was completely ruined by a few things - all of which would have been specially and specifically requested by the Mayors office.

They had what we call a false finale and after that they resumed with “All you need is Love” and a load of heart and smiley face shells (the majority of which burst either upside down or on their side (which they tend to do) and then went to a real finale which was nowhere as good as the false one.

If the mayor insisted on fecking about with it he should have listened to the more than competent display team and stuck the Euro bit in the middle. Unfortunately he wouldn’t listen because his ego got in the way.

the mayors office allocates about £2.3 million pounds for the event, with the funding of ticket sales/concession stands its expected to have cost 3.2 million overall.

so if the fireworks only cost 300k (which makes sense as it lasted 11mins and Sydney does 20mins twice in an evening and it doesnt cost them millions) work out where the rest went...

it does seem ridiculous way to literally burn money as some kind of international who has got the biggest rocket contest that no-one will ever bother watching video of again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024