Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That second goal yesterday 11:03 - Jan 2 with 17084 viewsReuser_is_God

Was a joke wasn't it?

Surely someone should've been going mental at Spence to clear it as it was going for a corner?

Symbolic of the p1ss poor leadership that has put us in this position.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That second goal yesterday on 11:08 - Jan 2 with 4342 viewsartsbossbeard

This is the issue. Spence genuinely believed it was a goal kick (as did I from my view) BUT he's got to be told by someone. Loudly. With urgency.

He was simply shepherding the ball out, it's not like his team mates couldn't work out what he was doing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

That second goal yesterday on 11:09 - Jan 2 with 4329 viewsKieran_Knows

That second goal yesterday on 11:08 - Jan 2 by artsbossbeard

This is the issue. Spence genuinely believed it was a goal kick (as did I from my view) BUT he's got to be told by someone. Loudly. With urgency.

He was simply shepherding the ball out, it's not like his team mates couldn't work out what he was doing.

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

That second goal yesterday on 11:09 - Jan 2 with 4322 viewsNo9

What happened to the defending of the corner kick was worse.
Players should be able to at least put up some semblence of defending set pieces & the GK is allowed to move
To be honest, I thought it was a goal kick..... on 11:10 - Jan 2 with 4312 viewsBloots

....I also thought that the Millwall player had handled it.

However, he still should have just lumped it away.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

That second goal yesterday on 11:12 - Jan 2 with 4289 viewsKeaneish

That second goal yesterday on 11:09 - Jan 2 by No9

What happened to the defending of the corner kick was worse.
Players should be able to at least put up some semblence of defending set pieces & the GK is allowed to move

I'd have assumed it was Chambers or Pennington who should have been picking up Morrison? Pi** poor all round.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

That second goal yesterday on 11:14 - Jan 2 with 4272 viewsNo9

That second goal yesterday on 11:12 - Jan 2 by Keaneish

I'd have assumed it was Chambers or Pennington who should have been picking up Morrison? Pi** poor all round.

Millwall did as they liked - traning ground stuff
That second goal yesterday on 11:15 - Jan 2 with 4270 viewsBrixtonBlue

Absolute nonsense. By the time anyone realised what he was doing it was too late to shout.

The blame lies squarely at Spence. Half of his problem as a defender is he's a bit thick. Time and again he's just not switched on to what's happening.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

That second goal yesterday on 11:16 - Jan 2 with 4260 viewsDavland

A lot of criticism being aimed at Spence but are we sure it wasn't just another p1ss poor refereeing decision? Like the corner given as a goal kick in front of SBR!
Login to get fewer ads

That second goal yesterday on 11:17 - Jan 2 with 4239 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That second goal yesterday on 11:15 - Jan 2 by BrixtonBlue

Absolute nonsense. By the time anyone realised what he was doing it was too late to shout.

The blame lies squarely at Spence. Half of his problem as a defender is he's a bit thick. Time and again he's just not switched on to what's happening.

Spot the person who’s never played football

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

That second goal yesterday on 11:17 - Jan 2 with 4246 viewsartsbossbeard

I really can't be arsed to get into a 10 pager with you on this.

You're 100% correct.

I make you right.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

That second goal yesterday on 11:18 - Jan 2 with 4236 viewsNo9

That second goal yesterday on 11:16 - Jan 2 by Davland

A lot of criticism being aimed at Spence but are we sure it wasn't just another p1ss poor refereeing decision? Like the corner given as a goal kick in front of SBR!

Whatever, the players have to play to the whistle even if the decision is wrong they can't just stand there & do nothing, that should be part of basic training
That second goal yesterday on 11:18 - Jan 2 with 4235 viewsReuser_is_God

That second goal yesterday on 11:17 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Exactly what I thought when I read his post!

Evans out

Chuckle. (n/t) on 11:19 - Jan 2 with 4222 viewsBloots

That second goal yesterday on 11:17 - Jan 2 by artsbossbeard

You're 100% correct.

I make you right.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

That second goal yesterday on 11:21 - Jan 2 with 4203 viewsReuser_is_God

Yes Spence is a bit thick, we already knew that.

However the blame for that goal doesn’t lie swuarly with him whatsoever.

Evans out

That second goal yesterday on 11:21 - Jan 2 with 4197 viewsHerbivore

That second goal yesterday on 11:17 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The 'thick' criticism also has shades of Big Ron about it. Spence for all his shortcomings on the pitch seems a bright, articulate lad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That second goal yesterday on 11:22 - Jan 2 with 4185 viewschicoazul

That second goal yesterday on 11:17 - Jan 2 by artsbossbeard

You're 100% correct.

I make you right.

looooool

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That second goal yesterday on 11:22 - Jan 2 with 4186 viewsDavland

That second goal yesterday on 11:18 - Jan 2 by No9

Whatever, the players have to play to the whistle even if the decision is wrong they can't just stand there & do nothing, that should be part of basic training

he watched it out.. my point is if it was a blatant goal kick then why wouldn't you let it run out rather than lumping it into the stands or back into play.

Admittedly there was no reaction from Spence or the other players that the ref got it wrong, which is why i was asking. Being in the SBR you can never see what happens that end.
That second goal yesterday on 11:22 - Jan 2 with 4179 viewsReuser_is_God

That second goal yesterday on 11:21 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

The 'thick' criticism also has shades of Big Ron about it. Spence for all his shortcomings on the pitch seems a bright, articulate lad.

Thick from a footballing sense I’d say, you can see it on the pitch.

Can’t comment on him away from the game.

Evans out

That second goal yesterday on 11:26 - Jan 2 with 4147 viewsBasuco

That second goal yesterday on 11:16 - Jan 2 by Davland

The fact that the Millwall players were on their way back to their own half expecting a goal kick as well reinforces what Spence thought and yes it was another very poor refereeing decision.
That second goal yesterday on 11:27 - Jan 2 with 4130 viewsNo9

That second goal yesterday on 11:22 - Jan 2 by Davland

he watched it out.. my point is if it was a blatant goal kick then why wouldn't you let it run out rather than lumping it into the stands or back into play.

Admittedly there was no reaction from Spence or the other players that the ref got it wrong, which is why i was asking. Being in the SBR you can never see what happens that end.

I don't disagree with you but Ref's these days are not reliable, players have to play to the whislte and be prepared for disappointments, the game is often unfair
It was however the terrible defending of that set piece which bothered me most.
That second goal yesterday on 11:28 - Jan 2 with 4109 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That second goal yesterday on 11:18 - Jan 2 by No9

You seem to be suggesting footballers should never shepherd the ball out of play?

That second goal yesterday on 11:29 - Jan 2 with 4102 viewsitfcjoe

I shouted at him from back of South Stand it was going to be a corner and I reckon it took another 2-3 seconds for the ball to go off.

It's a bad mistake, but he was obvious he was making it - someone had to be going mad to tell him.

If your mate was about to walk across a busy road with a blindfold on you'd try and stop him because he obviously hasn't seen it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That second goal yesterday on 11:30 - Jan 2 with 4087 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t think that’s fair - Dolly certainly isn’t racist

That second goal yesterday on 11:30 - Jan 2 with 4084 viewsitfcjoe

He does seem to switch of a lot though in game

That second goal yesterday on 11:31 - Jan 2 with 4085 viewsitfcjoe

That second goal yesterday on 11:26 - Jan 2 by Basuco

The fact that the Millwall players were on their way back to their own half expecting a goal kick as well reinforces what Spence thought and yes it was another very poor refereeing decision.

It was definitely a corner, no one was particularly near Pennington when he headed it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024