Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwals change of tactics 11:23 - Jan 2 with 2248 viewsbluebare

If the threat was balls humped forward why didn't we get toto on as he has the extra height required
Millwals change of tactics on 11:31 - Jan 2 with 2214 viewsazuremerlangus

Doesn't take someone with professional coaches badges to work out Millwall's game plan after HT. They closed us down much more causing our midfield to panic and revert to long ball - why an earth would you do that against a big, physical side? Once we got the ball back on the deck and passed it around we caused them problems again. I don't agree with PL assessment that we got caught up in the emotion, he just got his tactics wrong.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 11:32]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Millwals change of tactics on 11:34 - Jan 2 with 2205 viewsReuser_is_God

Millwals change of tactics on 11:31 - Jan 2 by azuremerlangus

Doesn't take someone with professional coaches badges to work out Millwall's game plan after HT. They closed us down much more causing our midfield to panic and revert to long ball - why an earth would you do that against a big, physical side? Once we got the ball back on the deck and passed it around we caused them problems again. I don't agree with PL assessment that we got caught up in the emotion, he just got his tactics wrong.

Did he?

The tactics worked fist half, I highly doubt he said at HT 'knock it long now lads'

The player sh1t themselves & stopped doing what was working so well.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Millwals change of tactics on 11:41 - Jan 2 with 2176 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Millwals change of tactics on 11:34 - Jan 2 by Reuser_is_God

Did he?

The tactics worked fist half, I highly doubt he said at HT 'knock it long now lads'

Yeah, this. And it comes with an inexperienced side, like he said.

A bit more know-how and we never lose that game.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Millwals change of tactics on 12:04 - Jan 2 with 2132 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Millwals change of tactics on 11:31 - Jan 2 by azuremerlangus

To go with this point, I hate all the can we hang on to the win when we get a goal in-front. If your on top go for the kill, we aren't good enough or mentally good enough to sit back and see out the win.

We haven't been ruthless enough for quite some time and it is going to take longer than a few months to get this back on the pitch.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Millwals change of tactics on 12:07 - Jan 2 with 2115 viewsFrimleyBlue

Millwals change of tactics on 11:41 - Jan 2 by JammyDodgerrr

I think that game was the biggest example on how you can't win with kids.

Appreciate some are early 20's but you get what I mean. a Norris in the middle type player would have calmed the midfield, someone like Murphy uptop to lead the line. A Berra at the back to calm things down.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Millwals change of tactics on 12:12 - Jan 2 with 2096 viewsazuremerlangus

Millwals change of tactics on 11:34 - Jan 2 by Reuser_is_God

Did he?

I'm not saying that they were told to go long ball. But if they lapse into that because of the other teams tactics then it is up to the manager to sort it out - it is what he is paid for.

Millwals change of tactics on 12:15 - Jan 2 with 2082 viewsazuremerlangus

How much "know-how" do you need at a professional second-tier football club? Surely the prime mover of this is the manager?

Millwals change of tactics on 13:34 - Jan 2 with 1944 viewssotd78

Agree.

Bringing Morrison on signalled a change of tactic from Harris and Millwall. We saw that for nearly fifteen minutes of the second-half that both Chambers and Pennington were going to struggle to deal with the aerial threats. So then it needed a third centre-half - either Knudsen and we go five at the back or Nsiala. Either would have helped.
To that end I would be critical of Lambert for failing to react.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Login to get fewer ads

Millwals change of tactics on 16:03 - Jan 2 with 1846 viewslongtimefan

Millwals change of tactics on 12:12 - Jan 2 by azuremerlangus

I'm not saying that they were told to go long ball. But if they lapse into that because of the other teams tactics then it is up to the manager to sort it out - it is what he is paid for.

I was somewhat staggered listening to Mick Mill on RS after the game that he was suggesting we should have done exactly that. Get everyone in a quarter of the field and pump it up there every time! No passing at the back just hoof it up. Given some of his criticism of Micks football in the past I was amazed.
Millwals change of tactics on 16:09 - Jan 2 with 1825 viewsITFC_Forever

See also Birmingham (a), Reading (a), Reading (h) etc. ... the list goes on.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024