Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The really frustrating thing about all this.... 12:39 - Jan 2 with 1092 viewsHarry_Palmer

You could see in the first half that we are actually not that far from being a pretty decent side.

Imagine a fully fit Huws alongside Bishop and Skuse as your midfield three, add a decent finisher up top and a couple of upgrades in the back four and you would have the makings of a really good team.

It just feels like its all too late now though, we have too much ground to make up, which is a real shame.
The really frustrating thing about all this.... on 14:44 - Jan 2 with 927 viewsNo9

PL is not getting the midfield working - don't mess with it
If there had been strikers capable of netting the ball, it would all have been done by 1/2T yesterday
The really frustrating thing about all this.... on 14:51 - Jan 2 with 905 viewsHarry_Palmer

The really frustrating thing about all this.... on 14:44 - Jan 2 by No9

PL is not getting the midfield working - don't mess with it
If there had been strikers capable of netting the ball, it would all have been done by 1/2T yesterday

The midfield is the least of our worries I agree, but a fully fit Huws and Skuse come in for chalobah and Downes every time.
The really frustrating thing about all this.... on 15:03 - Jan 2 with 874 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The really frustrating thing about all this.... on 14:51 - Jan 2 by Harry_Palmer

The midfield is the least of our worries I agree, but a fully fit Huws and Skuse come in for chalobah and Downes every time.

Yeah, agree. Trev will be quite the player one day, as will Downes, but right now you'd take Skuse/Huws every time, like you say.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The really frustrating thing about all this.... on 15:52 - Jan 2 with 833 viewsDeano69

I suspect this will be a 'nearly' season.
Nearly made it click
Nearly beat 'fill in many teams we have lost/drawn against in the last couple of minutes'
Nearly got Walters doing a great job for us
Nearly stayed up

depressing :(

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

The really frustrating thing about all this.... on 16:08 - Jan 2 with 803 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. We evidently need to be better at dealing with pressure but a lot of that is coming from our inability to create enough chances and bury a reasonable amount of them.

2-0 at halftime would have been about right. But it was only 1-0 and we suddenly stopped looking like we could score any more. You just knew that we would struggle to hold on from there - and so did the defence hence the panicky defending.

I hope we at least take a leaf out of Millwall's book who have got a third of their points in the last three games (and 6 from us). Rather than being a great team they just looked more professional and focused, plus with a bit of experience and physicality to bring on. None of these things are particularly dependent on budget.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024