Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers 14:12 - Jan 2 with 4537 viewsJackSted

[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 14:13]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:13 - Jan 2 with 3834 viewsJackSted

1 goal in 20 games for Hull hahahahahahaha sounds perfect

TWTD Supervillain

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:14 - Jan 2 with 3804 viewsVaughan8

Assuming this is right, 6 goals in his club career doesn't sound too great?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Keane

Not great but probably a low cost acquisition...…….
Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:15 - Jan 2 with 3794 viewsStokieBlue

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:14 - Jan 2 by Vaughan8

Given that though, Jackson is getting a rough deal. Posted this in another thread:

Jackson is only one goal behind Sears with a higher shots on target ratio. They have had the same number of shots even though Jackson has played 400 minutes less football and most of his appearances have come from the bench which is always tricky. Jackson has the lowest minutes per goal in our team.

Sears does obviously offer more all-round play from what we have seen from Jackson (Sears has 4 assists to his 1) but perhaps he’s getting a bit of a rough ride from the fans and might do a bit better with a run in the team?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/top-scorers

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:16 - Jan 2 with 3773 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Seems like he hasn't had regular football anywhere. Only three starts this season, will get a run here. Plus, he's huge!

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:16 - Jan 2 with 3755 viewsFrimleyBlue

2 serious knee injuries

sounds just like our sort of signing

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:17 - Jan 2 with 3730 viewsJ2BLUE

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:16 - Jan 2 by FrimleyBlue

2 serious knee injuries

sounds just like our sort of signing

The window is open and fans love rumours. Don't believe everything you read.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:18 - Jan 2 with 3694 viewsFrimleyBlue

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:17 - Jan 2 by J2BLUE

The window is open and fans love rumours. Don't believe everything you read.

Oh of course, but it does have the Ipswich type of signing all over it though lol

Waka waka eh eh

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:19 - Jan 2 with 3693 viewsHerbivore

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:15 - Jan 2 by StokieBlue

Given that though, Jackson is getting a rough deal. Posted this in another thread:

Jackson is only one goal behind Sears with a higher shots on target ratio. They have had the same number of shots even though Jackson has played 400 minutes less football and most of his appearances have come from the bench which is always tricky. Jackson has the lowest minutes per goal in our team.

Sears does obviously offer more all-round play from what we have seen from Jackson (Sears has 4 assists to his 1) but perhaps he’s getting a bit of a rough ride from the fans and might do a bit better with a run in the team?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/top-scorers

SB

Jackson is scoring at a rate of around 1 in 3 looking at that, which isn't bad really. That's 15 or so goals over a season. I do feel he gets more stick than he deserves, I think there's a player there but he suffers from being Hurst's biggest signing and our most expensive transfer in 6+ years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:21 - Jan 2 with 3642 viewsFrimleyBlue

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:19 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

Jackson is scoring at a rate of around 1 in 3 looking at that, which isn't bad really. That's 15 or so goals over a season. I do feel he gets more stick than he deserves, I think there's a player there but he suffers from being Hurst's biggest signing and our most expensive transfer in 6+ years.

TBF that's good figures for someone making a jump in leagues

He would be an ideal partner for someone like a Murphy, someone to hold it up, play him in. Scowy/Johnson days

Waka waka eh eh

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:27 - Jan 2 with 3548 viewsSomethingBlue

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:21 - Jan 2 by FrimleyBlue

TBF that's good figures for someone making a jump in leagues

He would be an ideal partner for someone like a Murphy, someone to hold it up, play him in. Scowy/Johnson days

Think the lad Keane can do that stuff reasonably well, actually, although it's a stretch to imagine him adding many goals himself.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:38 - Jan 2 with 3402 viewsPhilTWTD

There is something in that, not sure quite how far it's along but definitely one they're interested in.
Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:41 - Jan 2 with 3362 viewsskyblue23

Search him up on youtube. I didn't know too much about him and I know a video can make people look better than they are. But I'd say he's exactly the type of striker I expected Lambert to go for. He links the play and brings others into the game, but can also finish himself. I'd take him.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Gafaw. (n/t) on 14:44 - Jan 2 with 3312 viewsBloots

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:38 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

There is something in that, not sure quite how far it's along but definitely one they're interested in.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Who is he going to..... on 14:45 - Jan 2 with 3294 viewsBloots

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:41 - Jan 2 by skyblue23

Search him up on youtube. I didn't know too much about him and I know a video can make people look better than they are. But I'd say he's exactly the type of striker I expected Lambert to go for. He links the play and brings others into the game, but can also finish himself. I'd take him.

...."bring into the game"?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:47 - Jan 2 with 3264 viewschicoazul

Hahahaha fck me. This is Evans trying to keep us in the division?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:50 - Jan 2 with 3234 viewsJ2BLUE

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:47 - Jan 2 by chicoazul

I know i'm smashing my head against a brick wall but we have signed several strikers to this reaction who have come good.

Lee - 100k from Cardiff reserves
McGoldrick - free from Forest
Murphy - several loans and then free
Walters - 100k from Chester
Sears (when he first signed) - 100k from Colchester

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:50 - Jan 2 with 3231 viewsJDB23

Not sure why anyone expected us to be going after players any different to this. This is the type of player we are going to have to work with boys, get used to it now.
Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:51 - Jan 2 with 3216 viewschicoazul

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:50 - Jan 2 by J2BLUE

I know i'm smashing my head against a brick wall but we have signed several strikers to this reaction who have come good.

Lee - 100k from Cardiff reserves
McGoldrick - free from Forest
Murphy - several loans and then free
Walters - 100k from Chester
Sears (when he first signed) - 100k from Colchester

That is certainly a fair point but the only one really comparable is Walters, as I am pretty sure the others had all scored more then 5 goals in their entire careers before the age of 25.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Who is he going to..... on 14:52 - Jan 2 with 3207 viewsskyblue23

Who is he going to..... on 14:45 - Jan 2 by Bloots

...."bring into the game"?

What is the point in this? Are you trying to correct me when you haven't wrote what I wrote?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:53 - Jan 2 with 3199 viewsKieran_Knows

Permanent or loan?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:53 - Jan 2 with 3192 viewsJackSted

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:53 - Jan 2 by Kieran_Knows

Permanent or loan?

Perm

TWTD Supervillain

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:54 - Jan 2 with 3177 viewsfooters

Get where you're coming from but ME isn't choosing the targets. As PL said recently, a few players he's spoken to simply wouldn't come here. We're about as attractive a proposition as a colonoscopy. Just without the thrill of a prostate tickle.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:55 - Jan 2 with 3164 viewsfooters

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:53 - Jan 2 by JackSted

Perm

Enough about his hair, what about the deal?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:56 - Jan 2 with 3128 viewsFrimleyBlue

If we're looking at 4-4-2 he might be a great option uptop, won't score many, but if he can supply it'll help more than a Roberts uptop for example

Waka waka eh eh

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:58 - Jan 2 with 3109 viewschicoazul

Rumour is we're after one of Hull's strikers on 14:56 - Jan 2 by FrimleyBlue

If we're looking at 4-4-2 he might be a great option uptop, won't score many, but if he can supply it'll help more than a Roberts uptop for example

Supplying our other prolific goalscorers?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024