Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£10m war chest in January ? 19:20 - Jan 2 with 4678 viewsHARRY10

Hurst More Determined After Town Sacking as Claim Lambert to Be Handed £10m War Chest 28th Oct 2018 10:11
Ex-Town boss Paul Hurst says his sacking by the Blues makes him more determined to be a success elsewhere in the future, while it’s reported that new manager Paul Lambert was lured to Portman Road by a £10 million war chest. 92

"Meanwhile, the The Sun on Sunday claims new boss Lambert, who was appointed yesterday on a deal also until 2021, was tempted to take the job at Portman Road by a £10 million January war chest."

mind you it was the Sun
£10m war chest in January ? on 19:24 - Jan 2 with 4608 viewsSpruceMoose

Think they meant 10 pence.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

£10m war chest in January ? on 19:26 - Jan 2 with 4589 viewsBlueySwede

£10m war chest in January ? on 19:24 - Jan 2 by SpruceMoose

Think they meant 10 pence.

Or 10 (S)pence
£10m war chest in January ? on 19:27 - Jan 2 with 4556 viewsWicklowBlue

10 million rupees
£10m war chest in January ? on 19:29 - Jan 2 with 4531 viewstextbackup

IF anyone even remotely believed that they are thicker than spence on a football pitch

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

£10m war chest in January ? on 19:31 - Jan 2 with 4496 viewsjjblue84

After Lamberts wages and spending on PR, there’s only £9.5m left!
£10m war chest in January ? on 20:29 - Jan 2 with 4237 viewsOxford_Blue

So a tabloid prints a headline and your point is what exactly?
£10m war chest in January ? on 07:15 - Jan 3 with 3841 viewsBenters2

£10m war chest in January ? on 19:29 - Jan 2 by textbackup

IF anyone even remotely believed that they are thicker than spence on a football pitch

I believed it!!

I will get my coat 😬
£10m war chest in January ? on 07:28 - Jan 3 with 3808 viewshoppy

£10m war chest in January ? on 19:26 - Jan 2 by BlueySwede

Or 10 (S)pence

🎶 “we all dream of a team of Jordan Spences” isn’t likely to catch on quite like Tommy Smith, is it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

£10m war chest in January ? on 08:17 - Jan 3 with 3676 viewsNorthstaNder

No way in a million years Evans is going to throw that sort of money at the team. He wouldn't even do it a few years ago when we were 2nd in the league at Christmas having just turned over Brentford away.
£10m war chest in January ? on 08:31 - Jan 3 with 3629 viewsBenters2

£10m war chest in January ? on 08:17 - Jan 3 by NorthstaNder

No way in a million years Evans is going to throw that sort of money at the team. He wouldn't even do it a few years ago when we were 2nd in the league at Christmas having just turned over Brentford away.

Yeah that was the chance we blew it.
£10m war chest in January ? on 10:02 - Jan 3 with 3477 viewsHARRY10

£10m war chest in January ? on 08:17 - Jan 3 by NorthstaNder

And that is why we are in the mess we are now.

For all the waffle about 'pumping money in', we have seen the squad weaken season after season. I don't think the current narrative that it was Hurst whowas responsible for selling our good best. Didz and Waghorn wanted out. They could see where the club was heading. As will Lambert come January 31st. It is not the humiliation of dropping into the third tier that will hurt fans, as much as the eventual realisation of where we will be financially.

I wonder then how much Marcus Evans will be 'pumping in' then ?
£10m war chest in January ? on 16:46 - Jan 27 with 3139 viewsHARRY10

Lambert better be hurrying up, there's only a few days left to spend this 'war chest'.
£10m war chest in January ? on 16:52 - Jan 27 with 3114 viewsMVBlue

£10m war chest in January ? on 10:02 - Jan 3 by HARRY10

And that is why we are in the mess we are now.

For all the waffle about 'pumping money in', we have seen the squad weaken season after season. I don't think the current narrative that it was Hurst whowas responsible for selling our good best. Didz and Waghorn wanted out. They could see where the club was heading. As will Lambert come January 31st. It is not the humiliation of dropping into the third tier that will hurt fans, as much as the eventual realisation of where we will be financially.

I wonder then how much Marcus Evans will be 'pumping in' then ?

Evans spends the minimum required. Just enough to keep a manager happy and pay some half decent wages. I wonder what he would do if we had 20000 every week like when he first arrived at the club.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

£10m war chest in January ? on 17:02 - Jan 27 with 3057 viewsHARRY10

£10m war chest in January ? on 16:52 - Jan 27 by MVBlue

Evans spends the minimum required. Just enough to keep a manager happy and pay some half decent wages. I wonder what he would do if we had 20000 every week like when he first arrived at the club.

On numbers then Rotherham and WBA at home showed that the interest is still here.

I'm not really sure how much he pays as the accounts are never that detailed and we don't really know what has gone in or out in regard to transfers.

What the OP was actually about was highlighting the rubbish that the Sun puts out on a daily basis. Fine if you are too stupid to see through it, but not so fine when fans use such rubbish to criticise the club.
£10m war chest in January ? on 18:06 - Jan 27 with 2948 viewsLeagueOne

£10m war chest in January ? on 17:02 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

On numbers then Rotherham and WBA at home showed that the interest is still here.

I'm not really sure how much he pays as the accounts are never that detailed and we don't really know what has gone in or out in regard to transfers.

What the OP was actually about was highlighting the rubbish that the Sun puts out on a daily basis. Fine if you are too stupid to see through it, but not so fine when fans use such rubbish to criticise the club.

The East Anglian DT also ran this story though.

Evans is a smart guy when it comes to PR, the idea of the 10mil probably got leaked on purposes to generate some hype for the new manager and to keep people interested when we were all but relegated anyway due to just how bad the team is, although "competitive" according to the owner who shamelessly used Sir Bobby's name to try and dig himself out of the rather big (ironically) Paul Hurst sized hole he sat there and watched happen, probably thinking he'd saved himself a few quid first before taking into account just how bad the signings were.

This is the same man who led the negotiations to bring in Leon Best to replace Daryl Murphy so we know how fekking clueless he is and that cuts come first before the team.

Evans has made us a third division club in just over decade - lets not forget that either. He's been a terrible Chairman and owner. He's not had a single manager thats not been in a relegation battle here. As for backing managers, the only one he didn't sack was the one he chose not to rehire after under funding him for three seasons. He's a tool.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

£10m war chest in January ? on 18:10 - Jan 27 with 2930 viewsBurwell_Blue

£10m war chest in January ? on 18:06 - Jan 27 by LeagueOne

Evans is a smart guy when it comes to PR, the idea of the 10mil probably got leaked on purposes to generate some hype for the new manager and to keep people interested when we were all but relegated anyway due to just how bad the team is, although "competitive" according to the owner who shamelessly used Sir Bobby's name to try and dig himself out of the rather big (ironically) Paul Hurst sized hole he sat there and watched happen, probably thinking he'd saved himself a few quid first before taking into account just how bad the signings were.

This is the same man who led the negotiations to bring in Leon Best to replace Daryl Murphy so we know how fekking clueless he is and that cuts come first before the team.

Evans has made us a third division club in just over decade - lets not forget that either. He's been a terrible Chairman and owner. He's not had a single manager thats not been in a relegation battle here. As for backing managers, the only one he didn't sack was the one he chose not to rehire after under funding him for three seasons. He's a tool.

Budgie alert 🚨
£10m war chest in January ? on 18:16 - Jan 27 with 2897 viewsDripFedFred

I hate the phrase war chest.

No doubt we will 'swoop' for someone soon.
£10m war chest in January ? on 05:57 - Jan 28 with 2545 viewswkj

This was laughed off and widely dismissed at the time given the source, then Lambert pretty much did the same a few days later
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 5:59]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

£10m war chest in January ? on 06:53 - Jan 28 with 2510 viewsBenters2

£10m war chest in January ? on 18:16 - Jan 27 by DripFedFred

I hate the phrase war chest.

No doubt we will 'swoop' for someone soon.

We want to hurry up then!
£10m war chest in January ? on 09:34 - Jan 28 with 2375 viewsSwansea_Blue

£10m war chest in January ? on 18:06 - Jan 27 by LeagueOne

Slightly stronger words than I'd use. I don't think he's a tool, and I'm sure he's good to work with as every manager as siad how supportive he is. Everything else is spot on though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

£10m war chest in January ? on 12:31 - Jan 28 with 2248 viewsthejock

£10m war chest in January ? on 09:34 - Jan 28 by Swansea_Blue

Slightly stronger words than I'd use. I don't think he's a tool, and I'm sure he's good to work with as every manager as siad how supportive he is. Everything else is spot on though.

Agents fees, loan fees, players wages, signing on fees they all add up

I bet Mr Evans has spent more than people are giving him credit for in this window
£10m war chest in January ? on 13:38 - Jan 28 with 2163 viewswkj

£10m war chest in January ? on 12:31 - Jan 28 by thejock

Agents fees, loan fees, players wages, signing on fees they all add up

I bet Mr Evans has spent more than people are giving him credit for in this window

Yes, the effects of his hard work are really plain to see.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024