Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loanees 08:13 - Jan 3 with 4889 viewsitfcjoe

Presuming Keane signs, as expected today, we now have

Trevoh Chalobah
Janoi Donacien
Callum Elder
Will Keane
Matthew Pennington

So we are unable to sign any more and they all be in the matchday squad

Donacien seems well out of favour, so presumably we have space for one more - but if Lambert is saying we need 5-6 players - and presumably we are looking for short term deals, how is he going to square the circle of only 5 being allowed in the squad?

Potentially recall Wolfie and send Pennington back to upgrade at CB?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loanees on 08:19 - Jan 3 with 3566 viewsMullet

Evans will have to buy someone.

Possible we'll get some contracts terminated to allow it. Quite possible Pennington will go if a better option becomes available, I can even see Chalobah being Izzy Brown'ed given Chelsea are a bit mental when it comes to loans and someone might fancy him for their run in.

There is so much which could happen because we are in totally new territory. We've not been threatened with the third tier since Mick arrived in 2012 and things went a lot better, a lot quicker then.

This is the second and worst time since Evans has been here, if not ever that we are looking like losing our run in the second tier. It's a disgrace.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Loanees on 08:21 - Jan 3 with 3554 viewsReuser_is_God

The calibre off loan signing we’ve been talking about on here since Lambert came in vs the actual reality is quite sad.

Rudy Gestede to Will Keane.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Loanees on 08:23 - Jan 3 with 3538 viewsSteve_M

Would Keane be a loan, Phil's report implies Hull would release him?

I think upgrading Pennington is essential, he is promising and has done well but the mistakes are becoming costly. I suppose a defender on loan with him as reserve for the rest of the season might work.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Loanees on 08:23 - Jan 3 with 3531 viewsHerbivore

Is Keane definitely a loan? Being out of contract in the summer I wondered if it might be a permanent signing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Loanees on 08:24 - Jan 3 with 3520 viewsJakeITFC

Keane on a perm was my assumption, with him being the less exciting of the two forwards we are targeting.

Probably me being delusional though.
Loanees on 08:24 - Jan 3 with 3526 viewsKieran_Knows

I have to say, I'll be amazed if Keane isn't a permanent signing. Been told he can leave, has 6 months left on his deal, really does strike me as a Gleeson/Carayol/Hunt situation (albeit a few years younger).

I also have a feeling we may see Pennington go back to Everton this month, no idea why, just think if we can bring in someone like CCV, there probably isn't the need for the both of them.

It's either that, or we're going to end up with 7/8 loan players come the end of January and PL will have a decision to make every match day.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Loanees on 08:27 - Jan 3 with 3485 viewsdavblue

Loanees on 08:19 - Jan 3 by Mullet

Possible we'll get some contracts terminated to allow it. Quite possible Pennington will go if a better option becomes available, I can even see Chalobah being Izzy Brown'ed given Chelsea are a bit mental when it comes to loans and someone might fancy him for their run in.

There is so much which could happen because we are in totally new territory. We've not been threatened with the third tier since Mick arrived in 2012 and things went a lot better, a lot quicker then.

This is the second and worst time since Evans has been here, if not ever that we are looking like losing our run in the second tier. It's a disgrace.

im not sure it is such a disgrace...

It's been coming for the last 6 or 7 years it was a matter of time imo.

The wage bill is in the bottom 6, the spending has never been significant, all it was going to take is 1 year of us under performing, appointing the wrong manager and hey presto league 1 here we come.

There's been fundamental bad football decisions that have been made by Evans along with awful management this season. I don't really know what we are trying to do on the cheap but it isn't working.
Loanees on 08:28 - Jan 3 with 3487 viewsitfcjoe

Just to reply to all the comments about Keane being a perm,, this is what I thought would happen but across Twitter last night in both Hull local papers and ours it seemed to indicate it was going to be a loan

Login to get fewer ads

Loanees on 08:32 - Jan 3 with 3419 viewsMullet

Loanees on 08:27 - Jan 3 by davblue

im not sure it is such a disgrace...

It's been coming for the last 6 or 7 years it was a matter of time imo.

The wage bill is in the bottom 6, the spending has never been significant, all it was going to take is 1 year of us under performing, appointing the wrong manager and hey presto league 1 here we come.

There's been fundamental bad football decisions that have been made by Evans along with awful management this season. I don't really know what we are trying to do on the cheap but it isn't working.

Being inevitable, and being acceptable aren't the same.

Loanees on 08:33 - Jan 3 with 3403 viewsHerbivore

Loanees on 08:28 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

Just to reply to all the comments about Keane being a perm,, this is what I thought would happen but across Twitter last night in both Hull local papers and ours it seemed to indicate it was going to be a loan

EADT have completely removed the word loan from their story now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Loanees on 08:33 - Jan 3 with 3410 viewsElderGrizzly

Keane makes no sense as a loan, given he only has 6 months on his contract.

Only reason I can think is his wage is so high, we have no other way of doing it? Was a Hull PL era signing wasn’t he?
Loanees on 08:35 - Jan 3 with 3384 viewsKieran_Knows

Loanees on 08:33 - Jan 3 by ElderGrizzly

Keane makes no sense as a loan, given he only has 6 months on his contract.

Only reason I can think is his wage is so high, we have no other way of doing it? Was a Hull PL era signing wasn’t he?

He'd surely know that he wouldn't command a PL wage now though, given his recent injury/appearance record.

Loanees on 08:37 - Jan 3 with 3371 viewsElderGrizzly

Loanees on 08:35 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

He'd surely know that he wouldn't command a PL wage now though, given his recent injury/appearance record.

Agree, but if he is on that deal now, why personally give up tens of thousands?
Loanees on 08:37 - Jan 3 with 3364 viewsKieran_Knows

Loanees on 08:37 - Jan 3 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, but if he is on that deal now, why personally give up tens of thousands?

True, suppose it would depend if he wanted to try and make a go of his career though.

I still think it'll be a permanent signing, FWIW.

Loanees on 08:38 - Jan 3 with 3345 viewsitfcjoe

Loanees on 08:33 - Jan 3 by Herbivore

EADT have completely removed the word loan from their story now.

That's good to hear - I had been speaking yesterday that a permanent deal seemed obvious on this one, but when I read those was a bit concerned as per my OP.

Loanees on 08:39 - Jan 3 with 3339 viewsElderGrizzly

Loanees on 08:37 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

True, suppose it would depend if he wanted to try and make a go of his career though.

I still think it'll be a permanent signing, FWIW.

Yep and with Hull paying up portion of his contract. That could come with the small fee we pay being used for that?
Loanees on 08:42 - Jan 3 with 3302 viewsLuggworm

Loanees on 08:28 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

If it's a loan then presumably it's because we don't want to take on his contract and pay all his wages. Signing him as a perm until the end of the season would be no different as far as the player is concerned, and keeps one loan slot free for PL to get in another player he needs.

Signing him as a loan will say all we need to know about how serious Marcus is about getting out of this mess, he'll be penny pinching on a deal with no ongoing commitment when he needs to gamble a relatively small amount to give a chance of staying up.
Loanees on 08:46 - Jan 3 with 3268 viewsdavblue

Loanees on 08:32 - Jan 3 by Mullet

Being inevitable, and being acceptable aren't the same.

No in the old days i agree but this is a new time period and you usually get what you deserve. We can't compete financially in the Championship anymore so maybe league 1 is our new level?
Loanees on 08:53 - Jan 3 with 3193 viewsMullet

Loanees on 08:46 - Jan 3 by davblue

No in the old days i agree but this is a new time period and you usually get what you deserve. We can't compete financially in the Championship anymore so maybe league 1 is our new level?

It simply shouldn't be so, Evans wanted to stick by FFP and wanted to use the academy after doing a 180.

There was no coherent plan to do that beyond Mick being pretty good at giving the kids a chance, making do and mend. Had he set better constraints on Hurst or monitored him when he openly went back and said "[Evans] was surprised by how many signings needed" etc. we would never have sold the club from under itself.

He went from one model to a totally different one but didn't change his approach (quick) enough. That's criminally negligent for the safety of our club. Hence we are here.

Looking at the teams who go down and even come back up, Bolton can't play their players, Rotherham are about half our size in every way, Wigan, (need I say more? ) our best case scenario is being a crap yo yo team who might get the odd over teams we spent 20 years competing with or even dominating.

I can take us being relative paupers, but the lack of identity and ideas p1sses me off.

Loanees on 09:00 - Jan 3 with 3131 viewsdavblue

Loanees on 08:53 - Jan 3 by Mullet

It simply shouldn't be so, Evans wanted to stick by FFP and wanted to use the academy after doing a 180.

There was no coherent plan to do that beyond Mick being pretty good at giving the kids a chance, making do and mend. Had he set better constraints on Hurst or monitored him when he openly went back and said "[Evans] was surprised by how many signings needed" etc. we would never have sold the club from under itself.

He went from one model to a totally different one but didn't change his approach (quick) enough. That's criminally negligent for the safety of our club. Hence we are here.

Looking at the teams who go down and even come back up, Bolton can't play their players, Rotherham are about half our size in every way, Wigan, (need I say more? ) our best case scenario is being a crap yo yo team who might get the odd over teams we spent 20 years competing with or even dominating.

I can take us being relative paupers, but the lack of identity and ideas p1sses me off.

i don't disagree with any of this.

Poor ownership is the root cause of all of our issues more so than the investment side. Mick papered over the cracks but the fundamental floors were still there.

We've gone from one idea to the next manager wise, without there being a clear plan (just spiel for cameras, press).
Loanees on 09:03 - Jan 3 with 3106 viewsCoastalblue

I was also assuming Keane would be a permanent, and if he's going to be joined by another, inevitably loan, signing up front then I'd be happy with that as long as the second forward coming in is of Champ standard.

I still think the right player could make us fire up front, we have some decent bits and pieces going forward but lack real quality at the top end. Even someone to make the ball stick would change things all over the pitch.

We are dire, and we're deep in the brown stuff but we're not a million miles from being competitive, and yes I know, competitive is not good enough now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Loanees on 09:08 - Jan 3 with 3044 viewsKeaneish

Loanees on 08:53 - Jan 3 by Mullet

I think we all agree with you. What’s the solution then? Sit on our hands and wait to disappear into oblivion?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Loanees on 09:10 - Jan 3 with 3012 viewsGuthrum

Loanees on 08:19 - Jan 3 by Mullet

It is also one of the worst times to be a football club owner, certainly at the higher levels.

It requires vast financial input just to stand still. Old fashioned virtues of patience and discerning recruitment are no longer enough. At the same time, the uneven distribution of TV money and the influx of cash-rich overseas businessmen (often owners of monopolies, up to and including quasi-state operators) has given some clubs advantages that others cannot hope to match.

Yes, Evans has made mistakes which further crippled our chances of staying in the top tiers of English football. But circumstances have magnified every fault into a potentially fatal blow. Without exceptionally deep pockets, there is no margin for wrong decisions

Evan's biggest error was buying into a changing market without sufficient burnable reserves or financial bravado to navigate the waters it was entering.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Loanees on 09:16 - Jan 3 with 2974 viewstextbackup

Thinking to next year (if we go down) having the wolf with a year of L1 football under his belt will be brilliant for him and us, I’d leave him there now personally

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Loanees on 09:16 - Jan 3 with 2974 viewsMullet

Loanees on 09:08 - Jan 3 by Keaneish

I think we all agree with you. What’s the solution then? Sit on our hands and wait to disappear into oblivion?

There isn't one as far as mere sh1tmunchers like us are concerned. Football is something we are on the periphery of.

I think it hinges on this window. If Evans can redeem himself a little bit it gives us a relatively fresh start next season. I still expect him to try and sell as soon as he can to be honest. But if we survive he has a platform and Lambert to work from.

If we go down, Div 3 better start well for us or I see it getting nasty quickly. He will likely starve us out until he gets shot. I can't see him having the appetite to fund us like a Championship club (albeit a poor one) in League 1 and expect the budget to plummet unless he somehow feels he can speculate enough to even more back.

It feels like the Evans era is coming to a head, likely the end in the next couple of years. The biggest fear is we are so desperate for new faces at the club, we run from the mess of Evans to anyone and risk going the wrong way even quicker.

The only change there might be a move towards "fan-involvement" rather than the pipe dream of ownership and we bob along until there is a slow rise or so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024