Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Likely attendance in League One 09:55 - Jan 3 with 1882 viewsGarv

I see people talking about these reducing further if we go down, but I don't know why.

With a higher chance of winning games or at least having a competitive team, with a young squad and players supposedly of good league one quality (Toto, Nolan, Edwards etc) and potentially with Lambert in charge, why wouldn't people want to come and watch us? As corny as it sounds, it would be a fresh start.

As a side note, how much would ticket prices change do we think?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Likely attendance in League One on 09:56 - Jan 3 with 1864 viewsSomethingBlue

11k or 12k for the bulk of the season, I imagine, rising to late teens in the spring if we look like coming back up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Likely attendance in League One on 10:18 - Jan 3 with 1820 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You just have to look at sunderland over xmas.

Winning games means bigger crowds.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Likely attendance in League One on 10:37 - Jan 3 with 1760 viewsElderGrizzly

Even more so than now, it will be about maximising revenue not attendance. Hence, I can see very little change
Likely attendance in League One on 10:50 - Jan 3 with 1736 viewsBluedandy

If we're top two for most of the season and promoted automatically then our average attendance would edge towards 17-18K ....

Mid-table obscurity or worse and then numbers through the gate would be dreadful ....

A few seasons in League One could absolutely devastate Town in terms of its infrastructure and fan base, more so I fear than the likes of Leeds, Forest or Sheff Utd ....

Somewhat ironically, next season in League One (assuming PL does not pull off a miracle) would be one of the most important seasons in the club's history.
Likely attendance in League One on 11:29 - Jan 3 with 1657 viewsBloomBlue

I don't have the stats, but a phone'ee to Radio5 on New Years day mentioned Sunderlands home attendance is higher (to date) in L1 than it was in the C'ship
Likely attendance in League One on 11:52 - Jan 3 with 1614 viewsMoisha

Likely attendance in League One on 11:29 - Jan 3 by BloomBlue

I don't have the stats, but a phone'ee to Radio5 on New Years day mentioned Sunderlands home attendance is higher (to date) in L1 than it was in the C'ship

I agree, if we're doing well, winning games, attendance will be in the high teens low twenty's.
What you could then find is the momentum built up will keep the fans onboard and attendances will be higher again in the championship than they are now.

If we do go down, as seems likely, we do need to have a good season and hope to win promotion back at the first attempt.
Likely attendance in League One on 12:13 - Jan 3 with 1577 viewsRegencyBlue

To answer your first point, from a personal perspective only, I've had enough of watching Evans run the club into the ground, and paying for the privilege, so this will be my last season as a season ticket holder.

If a new owner came in, which is unlikely I know, then I would renew but currently I am completely disillusioned with the whole thing. This is not the ITFC I grew up with and have supported for more years than I care to remember. This is Marcus Evans ITFC and it does nothing for me at all.

I had intended to give the ticket up at the end of MM's penultimate season but in the end, in the hope that things would improve after such a poor season, I renewed at the last minute. That went well didnt it!

As for ticket prices it will be interesting to see if Evans learns anything from previous mistakes. I dont know much about pricing for League 1 clubs but given that we are expensive for the Championship I really cannot see that he can leave them as they are.
Likely attendance in League One on 12:41 - Jan 3 with 1518 viewsJackSted

Likely attendance in League One on 09:56 - Jan 3 by SomethingBlue

11k or 12k for the bulk of the season, I imagine, rising to late teens in the spring if we look like coming back up.

That's a load of bull.

Take Wolves for example: By the end of their season in league 1 they had attendances of near 30k.

Wigan/Blackburn last year: Towards the end of the season they were selling out their games (even Wigan ffs!)

Trust me baby, if we're in top 2 next season we'll be getting 25k a game. Who wouldn't want to go if we're dominating at home?

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Login to get fewer ads

Likely attendance in League One on 12:43 - Jan 3 with 1507 viewsIllinoisblue

Likely attendance in League One on 11:52 - Jan 3 by Moisha

I agree, if we're doing well, winning games, attendance will be in the high teens low twenty's.
What you could then find is the momentum built up will keep the fans onboard and attendances will be higher again in the championship than they are now.

If we do go down, as seems likely, we do need to have a good season and hope to win promotion back at the first attempt.

I think that’s wildly optimistic to expect us to pull in 20k crowds. Even if we’re doing well I can’t see those numbers. Also need to factor in significantly lower away fans at PR

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Likely attendance in League One on 12:44 - Jan 3 with 1496 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We would be most teams big day out. So at leas there would be good away followings to boost the crowds.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Likely attendance in League One on 12:45 - Jan 3 with 1492 viewsIllinoisblue

Likely attendance in League One on 12:41 - Jan 3 by JackSted

That's a load of bull.

Take Wolves for example: By the end of their season in league 1 they had attendances of near 30k.

Wigan/Blackburn last year: Towards the end of the season they were selling out their games (even Wigan ffs!)

Trust me baby, if we're in top 2 next season we'll be getting 25k a game. Who wouldn't want to go if we're dominating at home?

I’ll have whatever industrial strength drugs you’re on please.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Likely attendance in League One on 12:53 - Jan 3 with 1459 viewsJackSted

Likely attendance in League One on 12:45 - Jan 3 by Illinoisblue

I’ll have whatever industrial strength drugs you’re on please.

Been on painkillers since the start of the season. Helps with the certainty of relegation

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024