Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach 14:41 - Jan 3 with 2417 viewsElderGrizzly

Is anyone really surprised? £80k a week in wages between them and Boro not interested in a loan at the moment.

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:44 - Jan 3 with 2367 viewsitfcjoe

It's not £80k is it though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:46 - Jan 3 with 2328 viewsBloomBlue

I thought they would be glad to let Gestede leave as he's always injured and hardly scored a goal in the last 3 seasons
Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:47 - Jan 3 with 2307 viewsElderGrizzly

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:44 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

It is according to reports i’d seen between them. All depends how much they want us to cover and the loan fee involved.

I’d push the boat out a bit for Gestede, but not Leadbitter right now. Maybe we revisit towards th3 end of the window?
Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:49 - Jan 3 with 2269 viewsitfcjoe

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:47 - Jan 3 by ElderGrizzly

It is according to reports i’d seen between them. All depends how much they want us to cover and the loan fee involved.

I’d push the boat out a bit for Gestede, but not Leadbitter right now. Maybe we revisit towards th3 end of the window?

There's no way they are on that much

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:51 - Jan 3 with 2234 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm sure Phil said Gestede was on 30k a week, there or there about a few days ago. Leadbitter on 50k? Can't see that personally.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:53 - Jan 3 with 2218 viewsSomethingBlue

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:47 - Jan 3 by ElderGrizzly

He didn't say we weren't trying for them though. His next answer pretty much confirmed that's the kind of calibre he thinks we need. Over to Evans ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:53 - Jan 3 with 2198 viewsBloomBlue

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:49 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

Not sure, remember when Rhodes went to Boro he was on £40k a week so the two of them combined could be £80k
Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:54 - Jan 3 with 2183 viewsElderGrizzly

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:51 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

I'm sure Phil said Gestede was on 30k a week, there or there about a few days ago. Leadbitter on 50k? Can't see that personally.

Just repeating what i’d seen on a Boro site. Gestede is still the highest earner at the club apparently.

My intial thought when I read about the interest was assuming around £30k each, given PL experience etc

Still even at £30k, it is too rich for us if we are to pay it all
Login to get fewer ads

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:00 - Jan 3 with 2127 viewsIllinoisblue

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:53 - Jan 3 by SomethingBlue

He didn't say we weren't trying for them though. His next answer pretty much confirmed that's the kind of calibre he thinks we need. Over to Evans ...

Lambert, rightly, is leaving a nice trail of not-so-subtle quotes all pointing back to Evans. It could well all end in tears, but I like his style.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:02 - Jan 3 with 2090 viewsdavblue

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:49 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

40k to 60k for both i would imagine is the ball park figure.
Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:03 - Jan 3 with 2069 viewsSpruceMoose

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:00 - Jan 3 by Illinoisblue

Lambert, rightly, is leaving a nice trail of not-so-subtle quotes all pointing back to Evans. It could well all end in tears, but I like his style.

Lambert seems like our Chris Coleman if you've seen the Sunderland documentary. Nice bloke, seems to get the club, no money to spend. Doomed to fail and will be off at the end of the season.

Shame we didn't get him in over the summer. I bet he wouldn't have bought the goons masquerading as players that Paul Hurts did.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:04 - Jan 3 with 2060 viewsMrTown

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 14:44 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

Would be surprised to see Boro let them go out on loan for anything less than 30% wage split. That still means we are paying 24k a week for a pair of loan players.

Not for me that loan deal, doesn't make sense.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:04 - Jan 3 with 2059 viewsdavblue

i think it will tbh.

It's a subtle challenge and i don't think Evans will go for it.

If we are after them Lambert must be reasonably confident they would be interested to hear what he has to say.
Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:05 - Jan 3 with 2037 viewsCoastalblue

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:02 - Jan 3 by davblue

40k to 60k for both i would imagine is the ball park figure.

Yeah I feel the same, and whilst it would be nice to see us push the boat out to that extent I do wonder what it might do to the changing room. It would be a complete level up in wages.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:07 - Jan 3 with 2014 viewsSpruceMoose

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:05 - Jan 3 by Coastalblue

Yeah I feel the same, and whilst it would be nice to see us push the boat out to that extent I do wonder what it might do to the changing room. It would be a complete level up in wages.

At this point the changing room must be a complete wreck and will need an overhaul before next season anyway.

If a couple of senior pros get their noses put out, and we stay up, I could live with that because stay up or go down, I reckon our side will look vastly different next year.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:11 - Jan 3 with 1972 viewsitfcjoe

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:07 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

At this point the changing room must be a complete wreck and will need an overhaul before next season anyway.

If a couple of senior pros get their noses put out, and we stay up, I could live with that because stay up or go down, I reckon our side will look vastly different next year.

Also, the senior pros will be on contracts which will involve them being slashed if we are relegated - and this will be a short term thing.

I don't think the senior pros will mind someone being paid £20k a week for a short period if it means their wages don't go from £10k to £6k for next season which are the sort of figure that are in contracts

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:13 - Jan 3 with 1938 viewsSpruceMoose

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:11 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

Also, the senior pros will be on contracts which will involve them being slashed if we are relegated - and this will be a short term thing.

I don't think the senior pros will mind someone being paid £20k a week for a short period if it means their wages don't go from £10k to £6k for next season which are the sort of figure that are in contracts

Good point.

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:15 - Jan 3 with 1913 viewsNo9

Well, if the £80k is fact that only goes to show how daft football has got
Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:18 - Jan 3 with 1892 viewsSomethingBlue

There is an element of that beneath all the goodwill and positive stuff, definitely.

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:24 - Jan 3 with 1829 viewsdavblue

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:11 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

You would hope they could put their ego's aside for 5 months being how obvious it is that we are short.

I don't think this group would kick up a fuss though, they don't seem the type and to be honest they wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on in our position.
Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:28 - Jan 3 with 1774 viewsSomethingBlue

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:24 - Jan 3 by davblue

You would hope they could put their ego's aside for 5 months being how obvious it is that we are short.

I don't think this group would kick up a fuss though, they don't seem the type and to be honest they wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on in our position.

Yeah I think ego stuff is the last thing to worry about at the moment, wouldn't really give it a thought, the players all know the score.

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:31 - Jan 3 with 1751 viewsdavblue

Gestede and Leadbitter beyond our reach on 15:28 - Jan 3 by SomethingBlue

Yeah I think ego stuff is the last thing to worry about at the moment, wouldn't really give it a thought, the players all know the score.

How did it come to this hey!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024