Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Believe me or don't 15:28 - Jan 3 with 19120 viewsCOYBitfc

But I have it on very good authority to ME is in discussions with 2 interested parties concerning potential take over. 1 has been a fairly long term discussion and the other relatively new in comparison.

I guess with it being no secret that he'd sell if the deal was right that it's expected that he'll be having such discussions.

Will they come to anything though?

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Believe me or don't on 15:32 - Jan 3 with 7686 viewsBackToRussia

From what I'm told by the board intelligentsia, there is no possible way to sell a football club, no one will ever be interested in buying ITFC even if it were, and Marcus Evans will, by necessity, have to own us in perpetuity. So I remain sceptical of this one.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Believe me or don't on 15:32 - Jan 3 with 7674 viewsBloomBlue

But will they have or less money to spend than ME?
Believe me or don't on 15:33 - Jan 3 with 7660 viewsArnieM

I don’t think he’s prepared to drop his asking price ( not sure what that is tbh) but he always said when / if Club was sold the debt will be written off.

Wonder if there’s any more in this Gadolphin rumour then?

The other thing is , would any new owner be able ( allowed ) to put more money in than Evans already is currently doing? I think he said in an interview that he is limited to what he can put into the Club by the FFP rules , ( we seem to be one of the few that adhere to it!)

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Believe me or don't on 15:35 - Jan 3 with 7617 viewsNoBru

F*** me I wish this was true, never wanted something so much in my life.

If someone bought the club from that man it would be up there with the best things that have ever happened to me. (see below)

1. England winning a penalty shootout in WC 2018
2. The birth of my daughter
3. Play off final win
Believe me or don't on 15:35 - Jan 3 with 7602 viewsSpruceMoose

I for one look forward to seeing if you are right or wrong. You may be right.

My sources tell me the Oystons are looking to step up.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Believe me or don't on 15:36 - Jan 3 with 7603 viewsdavblue

Believe me or don't on 15:33 - Jan 3 by ArnieM

I don’t think he’s prepared to drop his asking price ( not sure what that is tbh) but he always said when / if Club was sold the debt will be written off.

The other thing is , would any new owner be able ( allowed ) to put more money in than Evans already is currently doing? I think he said in an interview that he is limited to what he can put into the Club by the FFP rules , ( we seem to be one of the few that adhere to it!)

is is 30 or 45 million over 3 years?

Evans puts in around 18 million roughly over that period it appears.
Believe me or don't on 15:37 - Jan 3 with 7566 viewsFrimleyBlue

ssssh I haven't told my club yet ;)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Believe me or don't on 15:37 - Jan 3 with 7554 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 15:35 - Jan 3 by NoBru

If someone bought the club from that man it would be up there with the best things that have ever happened to me. (see below)

3. Play off final win

Doesn't that depend on who buys it?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Believe me or don't on 15:38 - Jan 3 with 7558 viewsIllinoisblue

he has the unenviable position of choosing between continuing to lose money over the long-term or taking a big hit in the short-term.

I'm not sure he's the ogre as many make out, but I don't have any sympathy for people like him who try and use football clubs to make money.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Believe me or don't on 15:38 - Jan 3 with 7553 viewsdavblue

Believe me or don't on 15:35 - Jan 3 by NoBru

3. Play off final win

it really does depend on who comes in, if it's some hot head who fires managers every half season, then not for me.

For all Evans' faults he gives managers time, sometimes too much!
Believe me or don't on 15:38 - Jan 3 with 7551 viewsJammyDodgerrr

This is the problem. I can't quite remember exactly but the losses can't exceed £39M over three years right?

We currently lose around £6-8m with only little investment in transfer fees. We really can't spend that much whilst our income is so low.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Believe me or don't on 15:39 - Jan 3 with 7538 viewsNoBru

Believe me or don't on 15:37 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Very valid point and yes, yes it does.
Believe me or don't on 15:39 - Jan 3 with 7538 viewsBloomBlue

To be fair I did inform this site a few weeks ago that Mike Ashley wants to buy Ipswich after he sells Newcastle
Believe me or don't on 15:39 - Jan 3 with 7538 viewsdavblue

Believe me or don't on 15:37 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

I genuinely can't wait.

Kevin Davies coming in also?
Believe me or don't on 15:40 - Jan 3 with 7503 viewsFrimleyBlue

Believe me or don't on 15:39 - Jan 3 by davblue

I genuinely can't wait.

Kevin Davies coming in also?

I don't know, I won't be manager, only if Lambert is interested....

Waka waka eh eh

Believe me or don't on 15:41 - Jan 3 with 7483 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 15:37 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

If you were a true Town fan you'd buy Norwich.

Believe me or don't on 15:43 - Jan 3 with 7472 viewsWicklowBlue

Believe me or don't on 15:37 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 15:43 - Jan 3 with 7471 viewsbraveblue

How can you not think he will drop his price if you don’t know what it is? He will get out if at all possible. He knows he is incompetent in this area.
Believe me or don't on 15:44 - Jan 3 with 7449 viewsBLUEGOLD

Believe me or don't on 15:38 - Jan 3 by JammyDodgerrr

This is the problem. I can't quite remember exactly but the losses can't exceed £39M over three years right?

We currently lose around £6-8m with only little investment in transfer fees. We really can't spend that much whilst our income is so low.

But if you get better players who play better football and you are towards the top of the league attendances will rise as will turnover.

See Derby for an example of that where they are averaging about 10,000 more per game which is circa £300k per home game more than us and £7M over a season.
Believe me or don't on 15:45 - Jan 3 with 7426 viewsdavblue

Believe me or don't on 15:40 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

I don't know, I won't be manager, only if Lambert is interested....

i thought he might come in as a DOF or bar manager?
Believe me or don't on 15:46 - Jan 3 with 7401 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 15:44 - Jan 3 by BLUEGOLD

But if you get better players who play better football and you are towards the top of the league attendances will rise as will turnover.

See Derby for an example of that where they are averaging about 10,000 more per game which is circa £300k per home game more than us and £7M over a season.

While I agree that good performances lead to better attendances, there's also the small fact that there's 100k more people living in Derby than Ipswich.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 15:47]

Believe me or don't on 15:47 - Jan 3 with 7369 viewsFrimleyBlue

Believe me or don't on 15:45 - Jan 3 by davblue

i thought he might come in as a DOF or bar manager?

No no, that's all covered, but thanks for the input

Waka waka eh eh

Believe me or don't on 15:48 - Jan 3 with 7349 viewsJakeITFC

Believe me or don't on 15:32 - Jan 3 by BackToRussia

From what I'm told by the board intelligentsia, there is no possible way to sell a football club, no one will ever be interested in buying ITFC even if it were, and Marcus Evans will, by necessity, have to own us in perpetuity. So I remain sceptical of this one.

We are stuck with Evans until Evans wants to sell it.

In no scenario are we better off with him gone unless somebody richer (or at least more prepared to spend more) wants to buy it.
Believe me or don't on 15:51 - Jan 3 with 7298 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 15:48 - Jan 3 by JakeITFC

We are stuck with Evans until Evans wants to sell it.

In no scenario are we better off with him gone unless somebody richer (or at least more prepared to spend more) wants to buy it.

Anyway, just because someone can afford to buy it, it doesn't mean they would plan on funding it to the level that some on here are expecting/dreaming of.

Believe me or don't on 15:52 - Jan 3 with 7293 viewsJ2BLUE

Is this as reliable as last time you posted def info from two very good sources?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024