Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? 16:27 - Jan 3 with 1435 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I was back in town over the festive season and had a few drinks on Deptford high street on my way back east. Craft cocktails in an old job centre in Deptford? Shoreditch and Dalston really is old news now eh.

New Cross, Camberwell, are these places the new breed for art students and avocado on toast? Just curious.
Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 16:35 - Jan 3 with 1389 viewsSpruceMoose

Isn't New Cross the home of Goldsmiths College? In which case it won't be a stranger to art students knocking about.

Anyway, art students are the first wave of gentrification. It really kicks off when soulless investment bankers move into the area to bask in the reflected credibility.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 16:38 - Jan 3 with 1380 viewsfooters

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 16:35 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Isn't New Cross the home of Goldsmiths College? In which case it won't be a stranger to art students knocking about.

Anyway, art students are the first wave of gentrification. It really kicks off when soulless investment bankers move into the area to bask in the reflected credibility.

Oi! That's my alma mater you're talking about. So many arty beauties who wouldn't give the likes of us a second look *sigh*

But yes, all of that area is now far more gentrified even from when I graduated there some ten years ago. Some of it's a crying shame as some brilliant local pubs have been taken over by gastropubs charging £8 for some hoppy sh1te and welcoming in the pushchair brigade.

Brilliant food round there, mind. Much of it still cheap and 'authentic'.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 16:38 - Jan 3 with 1383 viewsLord_Lucan

Probably. What goes around comes around. This is why I know we will win the league again - eventually.

My cousin lived in Deptford back in the early 80’s and every time I visited her I thought I would get killed. I once got physically assaulted by a bin man doing his rounds early one morning.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 16:48 - Jan 3 with 1343 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 16:38 - Jan 3 by Lord_Lucan

Probably. What goes around comes around. This is why I know we will win the league again - eventually.

My cousin lived in Deptford back in the early 80’s and every time I visited her I thought I would get killed. I once got physically assaulted by a bin man doing his rounds early one morning.

I can imagine that place was tasty in the 80s.
Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 17:24 - Jan 3 with 1301 viewsfactual_blue

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 16:38 - Jan 3 by footers

Oi! That's my alma mater you're talking about. So many arty beauties who wouldn't give the likes of us a second look *sigh*

But yes, all of that area is now far more gentrified even from when I graduated there some ten years ago. Some of it's a crying shame as some brilliant local pubs have been taken over by gastropubs charging £8 for some hoppy sh1te and welcoming in the pushchair brigade.

Brilliant food round there, mind. Much of it still cheap and 'authentic'.

Have you just described Hoppy as sh1te?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 19:28 - Jan 3 with 1224 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Deptford, New Cross, Camberwell and Catford are dumps with no redeeming features to be found. Avoid.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 19:28 - Jan 3 with 1225 viewsBoy_Railey

The missus has been telling me it’s up-and-coming, since I met her. She’s been about the place since the late nineties. I’ve only known it for the last five years, since Poundland and Asda moved into the high street. We love it. For now, locals and the incoming gentry rub along and there’s a pretty open welcome, be it in the cash-only bars and pubs, vegan bars and cafes, the pie and mash shops or the bars serving ales from the local microbreweries.
Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 19:40 - Jan 3 with 1198 viewsPositivelyPortman

Yes.
Dalston is the dope though.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 19:41]

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Login to get fewer ads

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 19:46 - Jan 3 with 1175 viewsCoastalblue

Deptford is a really nice mix at the moment, I expect in the next five years that will slowly disapear

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 22:10 - Jan 3 with 1047 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Londoners, so is Deptford now hip? on 19:28 - Jan 3 by The_Last_Baron

Deptford, New Cross, Camberwell and Catford are dumps with no redeeming features to be found. Avoid.

A bit of edge, central, transport links, not sure why it's not getting there at a faster rate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024