Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? 12:05 - Jan 4 with 3635 viewschristiand

Got to be honest, I don't really know much about the lad. What will he bring to our side?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:06 - Jan 4 with 3633 viewsReuser_is_God

One that isn't good enough to get us out of this mess.

We were all touting Rudy Gestede a week ago & now we've got Will Keane.

LOL

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:07 - Jan 4 with 3613 viewsHerbivore

He's tall but not really a target man. From his highlight reel he looks like a very, very poor man's Zlatan. Decent feet, links play up, can finish (though hasn't often in senior football).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:15 - Jan 4 with 3547 viewsbontcho

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:07 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

He's tall but not really a target man. From his highlight reel he looks like a very, very poor man's Zlatan. Decent feet, links play up, can finish (though hasn't often in senior football).

Poor man’s Harry Kane?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:15 - Jan 4 with 3535 viewsHerbivore

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:15 - Jan 4 by bontcho

Poor man’s Harry Kane?

Less physical than Kane I'd say.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:16 - Jan 4 with 3535 viewsZedRodgers

I know a Man Utd "fan" who said he really enjoyed watching him on MUTV in their youth side. Said that he rated him more than Lingaard at the time and that he looked the more promising of the two brothers.

Technically gifted but the two big injuries sound like they've have had a real affect on him.

Hoping for some of this on 10th Feb:

No, not at the moment

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:28 - Jan 4 with 3457 viewsJETPower

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:15 - Jan 4 by bontcho

Poor man’s Harry Kane?

He's a poor man's Berbatov (which is fine)
What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:31 - Jan 4 with 3419 viewsDarth_Koont

A lanky McGoldrick.

Pronouns: He/Him

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:33 - Jan 4 with 3413 viewsRobTheMonk

I wonder where on Lambert's list Keane was...
Login to get fewer ads

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:35 - Jan 4 with 3395 viewsSomethingBlue

Decent technically, can hold the ball well up top and link up well in deeper areas, so that's something we have missed. Kind of player we have managed to do well with before and clearly needs a good home. But no getting away from the fact that it's a bit of a punt and we need another, more battle-hardened option. Keane has talent but for his age has played hardly any football.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:39 - Jan 4 with 3358 viewsBloomBlue

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:06 - Jan 4 by Reuser_is_God

One that isn't good enough to get us out of this mess.

We were all touting Rudy Gestede a week ago & now we've got Will Keane.

LOL

I actually find it amazing that people think Gestede could get us out of this mess when you look at his scoring record/matches played since the start of 2015
What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:40 - Jan 4 with 3335 viewsNo9

From Wiki-

"On 6 November 2016, during a match against Southampton, Keane suffered the second serious knee ligament injury of his career, putting him out of action until January 2018.[35] He scored his first goal for the club on 10 April 2018, the final goal in a 0—5 away win against Burton Albion.[36]"

Link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Keane

We shall see
What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 13:01 - Jan 4 with 3220 viewsBasuco

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:35 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

Decent technically, can hold the ball well up top and link up well in deeper areas, so that's something we have missed. Kind of player we have managed to do well with before and clearly needs a good home. But no getting away from the fact that it's a bit of a punt and we need another, more battle-hardened option. Keane has talent but for his age has played hardly any football.

sounds like the sort of player both Jackson and Harrison need to play off, his goals record is not important, it is his ability to provide space and assists to fellow strikers that we need. IMO that is.
What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 13:08 - Jan 4 with 3159 viewsMullet

A "modern" target man. Can finish, can bring others in. Probably isn't the hulking presence Murphy or say RvN was but will be our focal point no doubt. Whether we have the supply lines to make the most of that will be interesting.

Looks like he's probably lost a bit of pace due to his knee injuries, had we been reuniting him with Garner well, we might have seen fireworks.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 13:12 - Jan 4 with 3129 viewsOsborneOneNil

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 13:01 - Jan 4 by Basuco

sounds like the sort of player both Jackson and Harrison need to play off, his goals record is not important, it is his ability to provide space and assists to fellow strikers that we need. IMO that is.

Exactly. He looks like he has a bit about him, clever player, something we desperately lack from anyone up top in the squad at the moment.
What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 13:29 - Jan 4 with 3021 viewsBluearmy71

May I suggest you watch the highlights reel in the main article about him signing, I know sweet F.A about him but if his injury woes are truly over from what I've seen in his highlight we have a damn fine player on our hands and judging by all the idiotic comments massively underrated!

People will have to realise that his game isn't just about the goals he may grab for us I think it more the ability of his passing and the quality and timing of how he lays the ball off to play Sears/Harrison/Jackson in on goal, one thing he is slight of frame so a question for me is his skill good enough to combat a lack of strength that may be there!

Take a look at his highlights and you will see why I think we have a really good signing, I know its not the best thing to form an opinion on a player but I've seen enough footballers to know if a player is capable of doing a good job for us.
What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 13:30 - Jan 4 with 3023 viewsnshearman1

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 13:12 - Jan 4 by OsborneOneNil

Exactly. He looks like he has a bit about him, clever player, something we desperately lack from anyone up top in the squad at the moment.

Quite worried about his injury record, though, this is a club which seems to attract long-term injuries! We still need that target man...
What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 21:29 - Jan 4 with 2657 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:33 - Jan 4 by RobTheMonk

probably about 24th...

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 22:02 - Jan 4 with 2547 viewsmos

One that has scored 5 goals in his senior career.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 22:15 - Jan 4 with 2494 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:40 - Jan 4 by No9

From Wiki-

"On 6 November 2016, during a match against Southampton, Keane suffered the second serious knee ligament injury of his career, putting him out of action until January 2018.[35] He scored his first goal for the club on 10 April 2018, the final goal in a 0—5 away win against Burton Albion.[36]"

Link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Keane

We shall see

Like most of our signings over the past 5-10 years, his injury record is a concern.

However, who do people think we were going to sign? Someone playing regularly for a higher Championship club? We need experience and someone who can retain possession hold the ball up. Let's see if Keane is one of those players we desperately need.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 22:28 - Jan 4 with 2439 viewshoppy

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 12:33 - Jan 4 by RobTheMonk

To be fair, Lambert might’ve just been asked how he rated his predecessors, would Jewell or Keane go down as the biggest disaster in our history, and he just answeeed with “Will Keane?” Just as Marcus walked in...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 22:34 - Jan 4 with 2418 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What type of striker have we got in Will Keane? on 22:28 - Jan 4 by hoppy

To be fair, Lambert might’ve just been asked how he rated his predecessors, would Jewell or Keane go down as the biggest disaster in our history, and he just answeeed with “Will Keane?” Just as Marcus walked in...

If that had been the discussion we must be signing Shirley Hurst.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024