Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at our results 14:51 - Jan 4 with 4186 viewsgrimboy

It’s obvious that it’s the defence and keeper that is the massive problem we constantly keep conceding goals in almost every match.
It needs addressing I just hope Lambert can do this and sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
Looking at our results on 14:53 - Jan 4 with 3584 viewsSpruceMoose

What do you mean by the last bit?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Looking at our results on 14:56 - Jan 4 with 3577 viewsSteve_M

Well, it's that and the strikers not scoring enough goals and the inability of the team to retain possession well enough.

Keep blaming it all on those of Micks' players who are left though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Looking at our results on 14:57 - Jan 4 with 3567 viewsgrimboy

Looking at our results on 14:53 - Jan 4 by SpruceMoose

What do you mean by the last bit?

Well as we all know our keeper situation has been diabolical non of them have shown they are up to it this season,
And also Chambers ,Spence,Knudsen,andat times Pennington have been nothing short of laughable performances.
I think next season we need a clear out of them .
Looking at our results on 14:58 - Jan 4 with 3563 viewsgrimboy

Looking at our results on 14:56 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

Well, it's that and the strikers not scoring enough goals and the inability of the team to retain possession well enough.

They obviously can’t perform for any other managers.
Looking at our results on 14:58 - Jan 4 with 3562 viewsPJH

I mostly blame McGoldrick, Webster, Waghorn and Garner-and Hurst of course.
Looking at our results on 15:04 - Jan 4 with 3535 viewsDarth_Koont

The defence and keepers have all performed better in the past so they should improve if the confidence in the squad can be lifted (and that's as much to do with getting the attack firing as trying to rule out errors at the back).

Having said that, I'd be surprised if Lambert's not considering a wise head and physically commanding presence to come in at CB and likely partner Chambers. I think the combination of Chambers and Pennington is naturally a little panicky especially when they come up against bigger players. Settle the CBs down and maybe the keeper and full backs will find life easier too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looking at our results on 15:06 - Jan 4 with 3533 viewsJDB23

Well, from the last 3 occasions where we scored 2 goals we have come away with a combined total of 1 point.

Yes a better attack would take pressure off the defence but let's not kid ourselves, it is a major problem that needs addressing in itself.
Looking at our results on 15:07 - Jan 4 with 3518 viewsclive_baker

Drop him an email. Maybe if he had the luxury of your detailed insight we wouldn't be in this mess.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at our results on 15:13 - Jan 4 with 3496 viewsGuthrum

But how much of that is down to an inability to press home attacks and hold up the ball, leaving us vulnerable to opposition breaks and full backs caught out getting back from up the pitch?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looking at our results on 15:19 - Jan 4 with 3460 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Looking at our results on 14:57 - Jan 4 by grimboy

Well as we all know our keeper situation has been diabolical non of them have shown they are up to it this season,
And also Chambers ,Spence,Knudsen,andat times Pennington have been nothing short of laughable performances.
I think next season we need a clear out of them .

Pennington has been worse than Chambers for me, to be honest. Yes he has made some great tackles, but frequently loses his man in the box.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Looking at our results on 15:19 - Jan 4 with 3460 viewsBlueBadger

Looking at our results on 15:13 - Jan 4 by Guthrum

But how much of that is down to an inability to press home attacks and hold up the ball, leaving us vulnerable to opposition breaks and full backs caught out getting back from up the pitch?

Essentially our problem isn't that the defence is crap, it's that the team is crap?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looking at our results on 15:20 - Jan 4 with 3456 viewschristiand

It’s really both ends of the pitch Grimboy. You’re right, we concede goals and too easily at times and we don’t score enough. That’s a recipe for any relegation threatened side.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Looking at our results on 15:21 - Jan 4 with 3452 viewsBlueBadger

Looking at our results on 14:58 - Jan 4 by grimboy

They obviously can’t perform for any other managers.

The fact that they're playing behind far poorer forwards and midfielders is by-the-by?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looking at our results on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 3413 viewsGuthrum

Looking at our results on 15:19 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

Essentially our problem isn't that the defence is crap, it's that the team is crap?

More that our ineffectual front end puts extra pressure on the defence and their weaknesses are found out.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 15:30]

Looking at our results on 15:30 - Jan 4 with 3404 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

I never like to blame or slag players off, as long as they are giving their all you can’t ask for more, but the reality is they are just not good enough, and never will be. The defending is so embarrassing at times and I even laughed at the Millwall goals because what Else can you do. I know our midfield and strikers don’t help sometimes and are still to blame for the poor season, but with defending we are talking about the most ridiculous individual errors time after time. If they weren’t making those stupid mistakes and we were still conceding as many then you can look at the rest of the team aswell . But you can’t blame our strikers for not scoring more and losing us the match when our goalkeepers and defence are literally gifting them goals from absaloutley nothing, when we concede it’s not normally because we are under the kosh and getting battered, we are normally doing ok then they all of a sudden implode every match. Anyway best of luck to the boys for the rest of the season and let’s all hope for a miricale
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 15:32]
Looking at our results on 15:33 - Jan 4 with 3385 viewsIllinoisblue

Looking at our results on 15:29 - Jan 4 by Guthrum

More that our ineffectual front end puts extra pressure on the defence and their weaknesses are found out.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 15:30]

the midfield is the heart of our problems; they don't create enough or help out in defence enough.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Looking at our results on 15:38 - Jan 4 with 3365 viewsgrimboy

Looking at our results on 15:07 - Jan 4 by clive_baker

Drop him an email. Maybe if he had the luxury of your detailed insight we wouldn't be in this mess.

Yeah that would work can’t make a silk purse out of a pigs ear,the lot need to be gonethen maybe we will win some games.
Looking at our results on 15:39 - Jan 4 with 3362 viewsgrimboy

Looking at our results on 15:20 - Jan 4 by christiand

It’s really both ends of the pitch Grimboy. You’re right, we concede goals and too easily at times and we don’t score enough. That’s a recipe for any relegation threatened side.

And so it is.
Looking at our results on 15:52 - Jan 4 with 3343 viewsGuthrum

Looking at our results on 15:33 - Jan 4 by Illinoisblue

the midfield is the heart of our problems; they don't create enough or help out in defence enough.

Not sure that's really fair. We have players who can and do pass it well among themselves and who are actually willing to carry the ball forwards. Given a more effective outlet, they have the potential to be very creative.

We just lack the ability to convert attacks into shots. Plus Chalobah, for all his effort, is not a Skuse-style DM.

Looking at our results on 15:58 - Jan 4 with 3330 viewsOsborneOneNil

Looking at our results on 15:19 - Jan 4 by JammyDodgerrr

Pennington has been worse than Chambers for me, to be honest. Yes he has made some great tackles, but frequently loses his man in the box.

Pennington some peoples Player of the Season, so far.
Looking at our results on 16:05 - Jan 4 with 3320 viewsgrimboy

Looking at our results on 15:58 - Jan 4 by OsborneOneNil

Board is split over who is the best out of bad pick butfor me Pennington is by far better better given he makes some mistakes but not as many as Chambers.
Looking at our results on 16:27 - Jan 4 with 3292 viewsJammyDodgerrr

And i can understand that as he has made some crucial blocks, but overall not that great. You've got to imagine if CCV comes in, he will be the one dropped.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Looking at our results on 16:30 - Jan 4 with 3287 viewsgrimboy

Looking at our results on 16:27 - Jan 4 by JammyDodgerrr

And i can understand that as he has made some crucial blocks, but overall not that great. You've got to imagine if CCV comes in, he will be the one dropped.

Chambers might have a good game tomorrow he’ll be up against some decent second division strikers,but I bet he makes a mess up along the way he always does.
Looking at our results on 17:01 - Jan 4 with 3238 viewslongtimefan

Bar his weak back pass on Tuesday, Pennington's mistakes tend to be less noticeable than some of the other defenders. They generally involve him ball watching and losing his man, but they exist, just as much as the others, and have cost just as many goals. The fact that he sometimes makes amazing recovery tackles and blocks shouldn't cloud the fact that he's been at fault for many of the goals conceded.
Looking at our results on 17:12 - Jan 4 with 3223 viewsOsborneOneNil

Looking at our results on 17:01 - Jan 4 by longtimefan

Bar his weak back pass on Tuesday, Pennington's mistakes tend to be less noticeable than some of the other defenders. They generally involve him ball watching and losing his man, but they exist, just as much as the others, and have cost just as many goals. The fact that he sometimes makes amazing recovery tackles and blocks shouldn't cloud the fact that he's been at fault for many of the goals conceded.

Yeah, fair point. I'll be honest, all 4 have been poor and are simply not good enough. Chuck in 2 keepers who have been below par and it's no wonder we are where we are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024