Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? 15:55 - Jan 4 with 4885 viewsSmithy

Don't see the point of him being here unless you move Chambers out to right back, we have cover in Nsiala and Donacien if needed so Pennington would be a waste of a loan spot, we could also bring back Woolfenden. Similarly Chalobah could drop back or should he be the one returning.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 16:33 - Jan 4 with 4290 viewsTractorCam

He played for Swansea the other day, although not sure if that was due to an injury/suspension or whatever. If it somehow did happen, I reckon you could be right with Chambers moving over to accommodate the pair. If someone was to return out of those 2 it would be Pennington, no way it would be Chalobah.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 16:37 - Jan 4 with 4276 viewsgrimboy

I’d prefer Chambers to go out on loan to forest green or something maybe we might get some clean sheets and start winning.
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 16:51 - Jan 4 with 4243 viewsKeaneish

We’re too weak at the back to let anyone go.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 16:54 - Jan 4 with 4224 viewschicoazul

Peng is a fine footballer and a nice young man but he really does need replacing.
By the end of the month I expect to see 4 new defenders at the club, with 3 and maybe even 4 in the first team.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 16:55 - Jan 4 with 4219 viewsgrimboy

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 16:54 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

Peng is a fine footballer and a nice young man but he really does need replacing.
By the end of the month I expect to see 4 new defenders at the club, with 3 and maybe even 4 in the first team.

That would be fantastic.
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 4186 viewsOsborneOneNil

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 16:54 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

That is genuinely needed, 4 new faces.
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 17:09 - Jan 4 with 4174 viewsOsborneOneNil

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 16:33 - Jan 4 by TractorCam

He played for Swansea the other day, although not sure if that was due to an injury/suspension or whatever. If it somehow did happen, I reckon you could be right with Chambers moving over to accommodate the pair. If someone was to return out of those 2 it would be Pennington, no way it would be Chalobah.

Stop talking about Chambers at right back.......horrific.
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 17:23 - Jan 4 with 4140 viewsMullet

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 17:09 - Jan 4 by OsborneOneNil

Or playoff form, as the case was.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:12 - Jan 4 with 4038 viewsLeoMuff

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 17:09 - Jan 4 by OsborneOneNil

Bizzare comment, as he is light years ahead of what we have currently.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:16 - Jan 4 with 4021 viewsgrimboy

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:12 - Jan 4 by LeoMuff

Bizzare comment, as he is light years ahead of what we have currently.

Bloody hell you do remember seeing him play there every time he kicked the ball up field it went off for a throw on to the opponents.
Plus most wingers loved coasting past him as he was just to slow to turn.
Remember many people saying get him back in the middle which happened next stop league 1.
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:26 - Jan 4 with 4003 viewsLeoMuff

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:16 - Jan 4 by grimboy

Bloody hell you do remember seeing him play there every time he kicked the ball up field it went off for a throw on to the opponents.
Plus most wingers loved coasting past him as he was just to slow to turn.
Remember many people saying get him back in the middle which happened next stop league 1.

I remember us having a decent backline and challenging for playoffs with him at RB, also a fair few assists from him.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:44 - Jan 4 with 3972 viewsjas0999

Considering PL wants at least four more players, something must give as we can only name five loans in the match day squad.
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:48 - Jan 4 with 3955 viewsElderGrizzly

Pennington is in the running for player of the season, so would be weird to send him back?
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:52 - Jan 4 with 3939 viewsitfcjoe

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:48 - Jan 4 by ElderGrizzly

Pennington is in the running for player of the season, so would be weird to send him back?

I struggle to see why he is rated so highly - a bit of an Alex Bruce for me in that he makes lots of good last ditch challenges, but they generally are the result of him ball watching or being caught out.

If his name was Jordan Spence he'd have been crucified for the last 5 or 6 games with big errors he has made if they were being scrutinised like Spence is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:54 - Jan 4 with 3918 viewsLankHenners

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:52 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

I struggle to see why he is rated so highly - a bit of an Alex Bruce for me in that he makes lots of good last ditch challenges, but they generally are the result of him ball watching or being caught out.

If his name was Jordan Spence he'd have been crucified for the last 5 or 6 games with big errors he has made if they were being scrutinised like Spence is

Being a defender who didn't play under Mick probably contributes to it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:55 - Jan 4 with 3914 viewsjas0999

I agree. Him being in the running for player of the season, demonstrates the absolute mess we are in. Very average but granted better than those who are poor.
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:59 - Jan 4 with 3882 viewsElderGrizzly

Not saying i agree with it, just commenting from the Blue Monday Podcast who appeared to suggest him too as well.

It also reflects the absolute shower we are this season
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 20:22 - Jan 4 with 3833 viewsKeaneish

Can we expel this myth on this board by looking at the last 6 games which I think have largely played out like this:

Stoke (A) -
Sears lets 2 runners go leaving Pennington exposed 2 on 1 and he can't recover.
Spence gets sucked in too tight, Lankester lets his runner go and Pennington left stranded.

Wigan (H) -
Clean sheet

Sheff Utd (H) -
Chambers and Spence let Sharp drift in between them and Spence doesn't tuck round to cover.

QPR (A) -
Poor Nolan pass and Knudsen doesn't react quick enough after a poor Gerken save.
Suspicions offices although likely played on by Chalobah, Pennington can't win header.
Pennington doesn't stop pull back, Chambers not tight enough to man.

Boro (A) -
Spence gives away a penalty (rightly or wrongly adjudged)
Ball in behind Spence leads to their second goal.

Millwall (H) -
Kenlock leaves Pennington to lose out to Morrison's flicking Chambers plays the man and adjudged to give a way a penalty
Spence lets ball run for corner, no-one picks up Morrison and Spence, Chalobah and Chambers at sea
Pennington woeful backpass gives Gerken too much to do for an easy tap in.

In my view, Spence is more culpable than Pennington.

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 20:35 - Jan 4 with 3801 viewsPJH

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 19:54 - Jan 4 by LankHenners

Being a defender who didn't play under Mick probably contributes to it.

Not in my case.

I loved and love Mick but Pennington is less poor than most this season in my opinion.

Nobody is having a consistent season and Pennington when played at RB by Hurst was terrible but he is doing ok in the middle-in a normal season his performances would have him nowhere near POTY but as I said nobody is consistent so yes, at the moment and in my opinion he is a leading candidate for POTY.
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 20:52 - Jan 4 with 3739 viewsitfcjoe

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 20:22 - Jan 4 by Keaneish

Can we expel this myth on this board by looking at the last 6 games which I think have largely played out like this:

Stoke (A) -
Spence gets sucked in too tight, Lankester lets his runner go and Pennington left stranded.

Wigan (H) -
Clean sheet

Sheff Utd (H) -
Chambers and Spence let Sharp drift in between them and Spence doesn't tuck round to cover.

QPR (A) -
Poor Nolan pass and Knudsen doesn't react quick enough after a poor Gerken save.
Suspicions offices although likely played on by Chalobah, Pennington can't win header.

Boro (A) -

Millwall (H) -
Kenlock leaves Pennington to lose out to Morrison's flicking Chambers plays the man and adjudged to give a way a penalty
Spence lets ball run for corner, no-one picks up Morrison and Spence, Chalobah and Chambers at sea

I'm not saying Pennington is more culpable than Spence, just that if he were to be scrutinised to the same extent Spence is people would see a lot more issues - he ball watches a lot and loses runners too often for me. Concentration issues happening too often and that affects the whole defence.

I'm not saying he is a bad player, or that he should be dropped - but I just don't see him as a shining light of our season.

Some of the blames below, especially those given to Knudsen and Spence are OTT though - Knudsen was caught out more than anyone by Nolan's pass and the striker has a massive head start on him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 23:27 - Jan 4 with 3563 viewsMrTown

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 20:22 - Jan 4 by Keaneish

Stoke (A) -

Wigan (H) -
Clean sheet

Sheff Utd (H) -

QPR (A) -

Boro (A) -

Millwall (H) -

They’re both pretty poor imo. Chambers hasn’t covered himself in glory recently too. If he is flanked by 2 solid people at CB and RB he can be the vocal leader in the back line.

Have to say have been impressed with Kenlock in last 2 games. Hopefully gets a really good run in the team. But also hope Elder gets a game tomorrow.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 23:32 - Jan 4 with 3548 viewsLankHenners

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 20:35 - Jan 4 by PJH

Not in my case.

I loved and love Mick but Pennington is less poor than most this season in my opinion.

Nobody is having a consistent season and Pennington when played at RB by Hurst was terrible but he is doing ok in the middle-in a normal season his performances would have him nowhere near POTY but as I said nobody is consistent so yes, at the moment and in my opinion he is a leading candidate for POTY.

His tendency to completely switch off and leave his man free is costing us almost a goal a game. We might as well all give up if his performances are the benchmark for 'ok'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 00:07 - Jan 5 with 3504 viewsradiogaga

If last January is to go by, we'd loan CCV after selling a permanent centre back, rather than recalling Pennington...

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 08:51 - Jan 5 with 3330 viewsPJH

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 23:32 - Jan 4 by LankHenners

His tendency to completely switch off and leave his man free is costing us almost a goal a game. We might as well all give up if his performances are the benchmark for 'ok'.

"ok" is not the benchmark for performances but ok is better than poor and poor has been the normal performance of most players in the majority of games this season.
If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 08:57 - Jan 5 with 3314 viewsKeaneish

If CCV was to come in would Pennington be returned? on 23:32 - Jan 4 by LankHenners

I think if you look at the examples I’ve provided over the last 6 games, he’s not switching off it’s more the poor communication around him and he’s left exposed, Stoke’s second being the perfect example.

In truth, we’re being over run more often than not and it’s largely in part to the system we’re playing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024