Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
16:46 - Jan 4 with 4245 views_

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 16:51 - Jan 4 with 4001 viewschicoazul

That's insane. I am going to redouble my efforts to make my son a pro who gets a Man City-sized deal at 18 a la Foden etc and vanishes without trace.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 16:53 - Jan 4 with 3986 views_

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 16:51 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

That's insane. I am going to redouble my efforts to make my son a pro who gets a Man City-sized deal at 18 a la Foden etc and vanishes without trace.

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 16:56 - Jan 4 with 3967 viewsITFCBlues

on 16:53 - Jan 4 by _

Dortmund spent 10m on Sancho, was that a bad signing at the time.

Solanke is a very good player - just needs regular football

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 16:56 - Jan 4 with 3969 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

on 16:53 - Jan 4 by _

His reputation is built off his stellar form for the England youth teams..

Though that doesn't necessarily translate into anything special as Jordan Spence played for every England youth team from U16 to U21s

Could be a heluva player but £19m seems like a big risk
Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 16:59 - Jan 4 with 3953 viewsJ2BLUE

I was wondering if Bournemouth signing Clyne on loan might mean we were back in for Smith but turns out both he and their first choice RB are injured.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 17:00 - Jan 4 with 3946 views_

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 16:56 - Jan 4 by ITFCBlues

Dortmund spent 10m on Sancho, was that a bad signing at the time.

Solanke is a very good player - just needs regular football

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:09 - Jan 4 with 3915 viewsStokieBlue

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 16:56 - Jan 4 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Though that doesn't necessarily translate into anything special as Jordan Spence played for every England youth team from U16 to U21s

The worst thing is that 19m isn't really a risk for them.

It's pittance, they won't even notice it if it doesn't work out well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:16 - Jan 4 with 3888 viewschicoazul

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:09 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

The worst thing is that 19m isn't really a risk for them.

It's pittance, they won't even notice it if it doesn't work out well.

SB

£19m is a pretty big deal for Bournemouth.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:17 - Jan 4 with 3872 viewsMullet

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:16 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

Depends. Maybe they found some of Arry's old stationery in a drawer?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:19 - Jan 4 with 3867 viewshatch

I hope Bournemouth fans read these forums as I've got them their chant:

Kickety kick, he scores, he scores,
It's DOMINIC SOLANKE
Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:20 - Jan 4 with 3853 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:16 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

Turnover in 2017 £137.5M.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:21 - Jan 4 with 3848 viewsStokieBlue

I would have historically said yes.

Nowadays, with 4-5 years worth of 140m+ premiership money is it still a big deal?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:31 - Jan 4 with 3800 viewsDurovigutum

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:20 - Jan 4 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Turnover in 2017 £137.5M.

With a 12,000 seat ground.

If we hadn't built those stands.....
Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:35 - Jan 4 with 3785 viewsJ2BLUE

Kind of. Defoe's wages gone and Solanke on a long term deal. The fee will work out peanuts per season for them and they might even sell him on for a lot more.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:48 - Jan 4 with 3756 viewsitfcjoe

I think it will prove to be a bargain.

Your international comparisons are a bit strange too - Dom Solanke is far closer to the Jadon Sancho England youth career than the Jordan Spence one.

2 FA Youth Cups
1 UEFA Youth League

European U17 Champion - and won England Youth player of the year that year
World Cup U20 Champion - and won Golden Ball as player of the tournament

He is a serious player, who was a bit unlucky with the Liverpool move - if he plays games he will score goals and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets back up to a top club relatively quickly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:52 - Jan 4 with 3739 viewshampstead_blue

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 16:51 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

I agree.
A mate has got his two youngest hitting golf balls super young for the same reason.

Sadly my eldest two are soldiers and constantly tap me up. The youngest, 6, still has time to be moulded into our pension

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

on 18:13 - Jan 4 with 3680 views_

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 17:48 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

I think it will prove to be a bargain.

Your international comparisons are a bit strange too - Dom Solanke is far closer to the Jadon Sancho England youth career than the Jordan Spence one.

2 FA Youth Cups
1 UEFA Youth League

European U17 Champion - and won England Youth player of the year that year
World Cup U20 Champion - and won Golden Ball as player of the tournament

He is a serious player, who was a bit unlucky with the Liverpool move - if he plays games he will score goals and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets back up to a top club relatively quickly

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 18:15 - Jan 4 with 3667 viewsitfcjoe

on 18:13 - Jan 4 by _

Sorry misread post and conflated your talk of Sancho and King of Portman Road of Spence both as your posts - apologies

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 18:17 - Jan 4 with 3650 viewsITFCBlues

on 17:00 - Jan 4 by _

Solanke has been superb for the England youth teams. Check out the last international break

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 18:58 - Jan 4 with 3562 viewsSuperblue95

Didn’t Liverpool only sign him on a free not so long ago? Cracking bit of business for them considering he hardly played a game for them

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 19:01 - Jan 4 with 3558 viewsTrequartista

Not as weird as him gaining an England cap before making 20 league appearances in England.

And 1 goal!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 19:17]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

on 19:33 - Jan 4 with 3491 views_

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 19:01 - Jan 4 by Trequartista

Not as weird as him gaining an England cap before making 20 league appearances in England.

And 1 goal!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 19:17]

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 19:40 - Jan 4 with 3456 viewsjas0999

Just imagine in our wildest dreams we eventually reach the promised land of the Premier League ...

Evans would pass out at spending even a tenth of that fee!!
Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 19:51 - Jan 4 with 3418 viewsTrequartista

on 19:33 - Jan 4 by _

I understand young players being blooded and am all for it, but 5 english league starts and a few games in Holland is ridiculous.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 23:52 - Jan 4 with 3186 viewsradiogaga

Dom Solanke to Bournemouth for nineteen million pounds?! on 16:56 - Jan 4 by King_of_Portman_Rd

£19m is not a particularly astronomical fee for a player like Solanke in the current market. With the money around in the premier league, this transfer is a relative drop in the ocean.

Solanke proved out in Holland, like Sancho and Reiss Nelson are proving in the Bundesliga, that he just needs a platform to play regularly. Always felt switching from Chelsea to Liverpool was a strange move for him as it never looked beneficial to his long term playing opportunities. Clearly regarded as a talented player, but needs to move and play regularly now or else he can risk becoming a forgotten talent.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024