Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) 18:41 - Jan 5 with 3771 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 18:43 - Jan 5 with 3751 viewsStadiumofdark

Totally agree. Nolan offers nothing.

Bish one of the few to show up today
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:29 - Jan 5 with 3625 viewsdavblue

Not a dig but you replied to me that he's a good player and there's something there less than a month ago.

I've never seen it tbh, he's a player that looks nice but actually doesn't contribute or do much. Out of his depth.
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:34 - Jan 5 with 3581 viewsSmithy

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:29 - Jan 5 by davblue

Not a dig but you replied to me that he's a good player and there's something there less than a month ago.

I've never seen it tbh, he's a player that looks nice but actually doesn't contribute or do much. Out of his depth.

just proves Hursts complete disregard to the Championship as he was his marquee signing

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:37 - Jan 5 with 3545 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:34 - Jan 5 by Smithy

just proves Hursts complete disregard to the Championship as he was his marquee signing

I honestly think he was a bit of a panic signing. Left it late and i think he was starting to realise he had bought some sh1te.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:44 - Jan 5 with 3506 viewsdavblue

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:34 - Jan 5 by Smithy

Was he really needed?
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:50 - Jan 5 with 3433 viewshampstead_blue

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:44 - Jan 5 by davblue

Was he really needed?

He among most of Hurst's signings were not needed.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:51 - Jan 5 with 3426 viewsDurovigutum

Bishop's contract expires eo May. He's a great player, but too good for League 1 - will he stay out of loyalty (as we paid him 2 years while he was out) or does he look after himself and move somewhere else in the championship?
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 5 with 3420 viewsBurwell_Blue

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:51 - Jan 5 by Durovigutum

Bishop's contract expires eo May. He's a great player, but too good for League 1 - will he stay out of loyalty (as we paid him 2 years while he was out) or does he look after himself and move somewhere else in the championship?

He will move.
Login to get fewer ads

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 5 with 3419 viewsitfcjoe

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:29 - Jan 5 by davblue

I think there is in there somewhere- he’s technically good and comfortable on both feet, can strike a ball nicely - but he is just on the periphery of games. Bishop came on and shows what a good midfielder should be doinf

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 5 with 3406 viewstextbackup

I saw a clip of maybe 15mins, Bishop looked really really decent, forward thinking, turning etc.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:53 - Jan 5 with 3390 viewsdavblue

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

I think there is in there somewhere- he’s technically good and comfortable on both feet, can strike a ball nicely - but he is just on the periphery of games. Bishop came on and shows what a good midfielder should be doinf

Much like Bru then?
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:10 - Jan 5 with 3312 viewschristiand

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:53 - Jan 5 by davblue

Much like Bru then?

In fairness to Bru, he offered more in games than what I've seen of Nolan so far.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:14 - Jan 5 with 3281 viewsMrTown

Agree entirely. Nolan is neat and tidy at times but offers nothing and creates so little.

Only bright spark today was Teddy Bishop.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:14 - Jan 5 with 3277 viewsWestcountryblue

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:10 - Jan 5 by christiand

In fairness to Bru, he offered more in games than what I've seen of Nolan so far.

Agreed. Bru was a solid squad player and it really does beg the question as to why we've let him go and spent the best part of over a million pounds on Nolan.
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:29 - Jan 5 with 3204 viewsRadlett_blue

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:14 - Jan 5 by Westcountryblue

Agreed. Bru was a solid squad player and it really does beg the question as to why we've let him go and spent the best part of over a million pounds on Nolan.

That's what happens when you change managers. We're now going to do the same in the summer when Lambert clears out Hurst's duds.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:32 - Jan 5 with 3163 viewsjas0999

Nolan is dreadful.
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:35 - Jan 5 with 3140 viewsmonty_radio

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:44 - Jan 5 by davblue

Was he really needed?

Whether it was Nolan that was needed, we really needed, and still do, one or two dominant midfielders that we have lacked for years.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:41 - Jan 5 with 3086 viewsSuperfrans

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

It’s possoblw that he’s technicially proficient, and shows it in occasional glimpses, but doesn’t have the focus and application to apply it consistently through a game, or match after match.

Lots of players are like that. I’d argue that Anthony Wordsworth (blast from the past) was a similar case. I’d personally put Nolan ahead of him, but if the focus isn’t there, it just won’t happen.

You can possibly say the same for Bowditch, Garvan, Trotter, etc. They would be okay as one member of a normally functioning, balanced and organised Championship side (none of which can be said about our team currently), but not someone who you can rely on in the trenches.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:42 - Jan 5 with 3077 viewsPositivelyPortman

What? He puts up tents? ⛺️

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:45 - Jan 5 with 3051 viewsPositivelyPortman

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:29 - Jan 5 by Radlett_blue

That's what happens when you change managers. We're now going to do the same in the summer when Lambert clears out Hurst's duds.

....and a few of MM’s duds too.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:47 - Jan 5 with 3028 viewsRadlett_blue

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:41 - Jan 5 by Superfrans

It’s possoblw that he’s technicially proficient, and shows it in occasional glimpses, but doesn’t have the focus and application to apply it consistently through a game, or match after match.

Lots of players are like that. I’d argue that Anthony Wordsworth (blast from the past) was a similar case. I’d personally put Nolan ahead of him, but if the focus isn’t there, it just won’t happen.

You can possibly say the same for Bowditch, Garvan, Trotter, etc. They would be okay as one member of a normally functioning, balanced and organised Championship side (none of which can be said about our team currently), but not someone who you can rely on in the trenches.

Wordsworth was one of Mick's cheap punts who didn't come off - basically a 3rd/4th tier player.
Too many players like that at Town these days plus youngsters striving to find their feet. That's why we're going down. How many even solid Championship standard players do we have now Bart has lost his form & his place & Chambers looks past his best?
We are absolutely nailed on to go down & there's little Lambert can do about it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:54 - Jan 5 with 2977 viewspatrickswell

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 20:14 - Jan 5 by Westcountryblue

Because he was seen as a step up on Bru. If we were seeing the Nolan of last season, he would be. Instead, whenever I’ve seen him, he looks too inhibited to impose himself or makes game defining errors like his set-up for QPR’s first goal.
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 21:28 - Jan 5 with 2856 viewsitfc48

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

He will move.

Your opinion or stuff you’ve heard? You seem to have some decent sources judging from previous posts.
Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 10:45 - Jan 6 with 2379 viewsGooders7592

Bishop showed how lacking in Championship quality Nolan is (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

He will move.

Is this definite? How do you know if so?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024