Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. 20:39 - Jan 5 with 1569 viewsJoHnNnY

It’s been coming, you don’t have a good team when your ‘keeper gets player of the season consecutively - he has a poor team in front of him, end of. MM kept us afloat with old wise heads and non ‘dangerous’ drivel boring football.

It’s hard to see any positives. Maybe perhaps it had to get this bad for Evans to wake up and change his way of running the club?... be serious, we can’t compete financially with lots of clubs in this league.. not just one or two. We are a big club, but are now gonna do a “Sunderland / Wigan / Norwich... etc.

I do hope PL stays and Evans supports him to a higher level than he currently is - cause let’s face it, he’ll need to invest quite a bit to get us out of League 1 even
Some clubs down there have bigger budgets than us.

What’s the best we can hope for now?

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. on 20:41 - Jan 5 with 1530 viewsjas0999

... that we don’t suffer yet another relegation next season.
Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. on 20:43 - Jan 5 with 1502 viewskeighleyblue

... that we keep the manager, get rid of all the dead wood, have some great away days at 'proper' small town clubs and storm D1, winning promotion by Easter.

Not going to happen though, is it!
Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. on 20:46 - Jan 5 with 1465 viewsblueconscience

Evans supporting to a higher level!!

Nothing wrong with dreaming, I guess.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 20:46]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. on 20:48 - Jan 5 with 1421 viewspatrickswell

Competence. I mean the club could bounce back and have a 95-96 style season, except that none of this squad are at the level of R.Wright/Taricco/Mowbray/Sedgely//Thomson/Milton/Mason/Mathie etc. Hell, even Gus Uhlenbeek would wipe the floor with most of this squad.
Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. on 20:49 - Jan 5 with 1405 viewsthebooks

The best we can hope for? Evans just leaves (I haven't worked out the details of this yet, admittedly) and we have local ownership with the fans involved. Better still, the fans take the club over (impossible, I know, and probably hugely unpopular on this board).

If you're looking for success on the playing field: Some despot with money/a bloody reputation to launder pumps in billions and we end up like Leicester or similar.

Most likely: Lambert leaves at the end of the season. We bottom out as an average League One team, a la Charlton, and maybe get promoted to the Championship in 2025. We're fundamentally changed as a club; memories of the glory/Burley/Royle years fade and become the stuff of barely remembered legend. Crowds will average 11,000. We continue to sell Rocking Rudolph in Legends bar.
Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. on 20:58 - Jan 5 with 1325 viewsChurchman

Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. on 20:43 - Jan 5 by keighleyblue

... that we keep the manager, get rid of all the dead wood, have some great away days at 'proper' small town clubs and storm D1, winning promotion by Easter.

Not going to happen though, is it!

I went with two Sunderland friends and one Charlton to today’s game at the Valley. Without massive change, we will be relegated next year. We are a mile off competing at that level and none of our players would make either of their teams or the teams beneath them. The club is basically dying. It’s so sad
Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. on 23:31 - Jan 5 with 1034 viewsParamedic

The best we can hope for is survival in the Championship. I think we all know now that that is not going to happen. So after that we can only hope Lambert stays with us and can rebuild us to bounce straight back as he did with Norwich. I'm personally so destroyed by the fact that ME allowed a gormless wanabee destroy this club in one clean sweep. I'm more than destroyed that I actually backed his appointment.

AllalallalSunderland

Right... we all know this is the WORST it’s ever been. on 23:35 - Jan 5 with 1000 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The best we can hope for is signing 4 experienced players who are strong leaders and will turn the team around and we make the most amazing Great Escape since the film.

Aside from that, we can hope we bring in the right players for the long term and spend the next 4 months developing a team that will be good enough to come back up next season.

Unfortunately, right now both these seem unlikely.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024