Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? 21:00 - Jan 5 with 2609 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sears and err, Jordan Roberts perhaps?

Lankester too at a push but I guess that’s more a case of giving him a chance

Any others?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 21:00 - Jan 5 with 2589 viewssuffolkpoker

Bishop is finding form now

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 21:02 - Jan 5 with 2584 viewsLankHenners

Skuse has been more positive, Chalobah's been getting better, Harrison's looked good but was injured before so hard to tell.

Problem is a lot of them are turds that are beyond polishing.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 21:13 - Jan 5 with 2525 viewsEwan_Oozami

Think it's far to early to say to be honest, Lambert's got to get their heads right first - they look like rabbits in headlights when the opposition run at them, or balls are pumped into our box, or they have a chance to think about what to do in front of the opposition's goal.

Some of those players have played under Mick, Hurst and now Lambert and have been told to do different things by all three of them, I'm not surprised their confidence has gone - also the new players coming in under Hurst and now Lambert have had a lot of adjusting to do, and there are new players coming in or back from injury (Lankester, Bishop, Dozzell) I think Lambert's now realised who he can work with and who he can't - if there's more he can't work with than can, we'll go down and need a rebuild in the summer just to have a chance of competing, which I think was what he was alluding to (not very subtly!) in his post-match interview.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 21:57 - Jan 5 with 2385 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 21:00 - Jan 5 by suffolkpoker

Bishop is finding form now

Bishop is back from injury, not sure that really constitutes being improved by the manager

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 21:59 - Jan 5 with 2371 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 21:02 - Jan 5 by LankHenners

Skuse has been more positive, Chalobah's been getting better, Harrison's looked good but was injured before so hard to tell.

Problem is a lot of them are turds that are beyond polishing.

Was Skuse better or just playing a different role? Not sure he was necessarily better personally - he was one of our best players before and he was one of our best players under Lambert prior to injury

Chalobah maybe but would say it’s minimal. Harrison agree - but as you say difficult to really tell as injured before when finding his feet in the Championship

Not a long list really

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 22:11 - Jan 5 with 2324 viewsnshearman1

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 21:13 - Jan 5 by Ewan_Oozami

Think it's far to early to say to be honest, Lambert's got to get their heads right first - they look like rabbits in headlights when the opposition run at them, or balls are pumped into our box, or they have a chance to think about what to do in front of the opposition's goal.

Some of those players have played under Mick, Hurst and now Lambert and have been told to do different things by all three of them, I'm not surprised their confidence has gone - also the new players coming in under Hurst and now Lambert have had a lot of adjusting to do, and there are new players coming in or back from injury (Lankester, Bishop, Dozzell) I think Lambert's now realised who he can work with and who he can't - if there's more he can't work with than can, we'll go down and need a rebuild in the summer just to have a chance of competing, which I think was what he was alluding to (not very subtly!) in his post-match interview.

I don't think it is too early to say in terms of the players PL is currently dealing with. It's been over 10 games now, we have 20 left. I seem to remember people were talking about Hurst needing 5 or 6 games at the beginning of the season, that was then stretched to 10-12. I think it's pretty clear that, for all PL's bigging up of the boys, he too has failed to turn these players around. What is critical for him and for the club going forward is not just who he can bring in (and get rid of) in the next few weeks, but whether he shows an ability to try new formations and other players. The worry is that, Mick-like, he seems to be a stubborn character who has a particular way of doing things and doesn't seem able to adapt. Hopefully his obvious anger today will be more effective than Hurst's previously - but that will only happen if he shows a willingness to tweak his approach and a flexibility and flair not thus far evident.
How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 22:19 - Jan 5 with 2292 viewsDubtractor

Are you not convinced that Lambert is the messiah?

You probably should have mentioned it before.

In all seriousness, you do raise some fair points, Lambert may well be the best thing to happen to us, but there has been limited evidence thus far.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 22:23 - Jan 5 with 2273 viewspositivity

compared with under hurst?
skuse, chalobah, roberts, sears, jackson
he's not getting as much out of donacien, edwards, edun who all showed some promise under hurst

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 22:34 - Jan 5 with 2233 views3_5_2

not sure but Edwards is seriously going backwards performance wise

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 22:56 - Jan 5 with 2174 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 22:19 - Jan 5 by Dubtractor

Are you not convinced that Lambert is the messiah?

You probably should have mentioned it before.

In all seriousness, you do raise some fair points, Lambert may well be the best thing to happen to us, but there has been limited evidence thus far.

Haha I have banged on a bit I know

Tbf I don’t think today really matters - cup humiliations are hardly anything new and we all know the league is what matters currently. Although it is concerning we seemingly had a side out to win and were still so dismal

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 23:00 - Jan 5 with 2155 viewsArthur_1975

Jordan Graham. When he shot out the door, it was the fastes8he had moved all season.
How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 23:13 - Jan 5 with 2117 viewsChiefXL

Downes looks a different player under PL.
How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 23:17 - Jan 5 with 2103 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 23:13 - Jan 5 by ChiefXL

Downes looks a different player under PL.

Did think of Downes - difficult with youngsters to separate what’s natural development from the new manager, but yeah, fair shout

How many players do we think Lamberts arrival has improved? on 23:24 - Jan 5 with 2076 viewsMrTown

What about what happened under PH to go backwards as a club as a whole.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024