Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches 21:28 - Jan 5 with 3748 viewsWrightie

We are awful defensively, 46 goals in 26 matches. So many individual errors and shocking defenders.
So I decided to torture myself by editing this... and anyone who watches.

This was painful to make, but I counted that we conceded:
- 15 set pieces including penalties
- 12 from the right... Spence being awful mostly
- 8 from the left
- 8 from the centre
- 2 outside the box
- 1 from our corner
Including countless individual errors and Keeper howlers and complete lack of desire or composure.

[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 22:25]
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 14:04 - Jan 6 with 3543 viewsWrightie

Video works now
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 14:19 - Jan 6 with 3518 viewsDubtractor

I was wondering about the number of set piece goals yesterday.

That's pretty bad isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 14:41 - Jan 6 with 3482 viewsDarth_Koont

Obviously, there are some good goals in there and mistakes will always happen but there are a lot of goals where we look all over the place.

The overall impression is we seem very nervous about where the ball is, even when another player has the initial job to defend it. Players are then out of position and we leave a lot of space for the inevitable second ball in, flick on, deflection etc.

I expect more confidence in ourselves and our team-mates would help that but IMO it needs someone to be organising and leading the way in the meantime. Chambers is undoubtedly a great asset in the dressing room but he's not exactly leading by example on this evidence. And in combination with Pennington they're a panicky pairing.

Pronouns: He/Him

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 14:41 - Jan 6 with 3476 viewsnoggin

I can't bring myself to watch it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 14:42 - Jan 6 with 3476 viewsChris_ITFC

The very first goal of the season... So many similarities with the goal we conceded yesterday (and against Millwall last week, and many others before that).

Poor defensive organisation, ball-watching, second balls. Same mistakes, six months later.
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 14:58 - Jan 6 with 3454 viewsJDB23

I really don't like the dogs abuse Spence gets week in week out, doesn't sit right with me. However, I'm not sure how anyone can claim he is anything other than a league 2 defender at best.

I honestly can't believe that Donacien is so poor in training that it makes Spence undroppable. Regardless of whether or not PL sees him as a CB, he has played RB many times in his career and he really should have been given a game or two there by now, even if just to take Spence out of the limelight.
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 15:01 - Jan 6 with 3443 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Over half conceded from within the 6 yard box. Dreadful.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 15:02 - Jan 6 with 3437 viewsgainsboroughblue

Happy to give an uppie to this if you edit video to have Laurel and Hardy theme tune put over the top of it.

Edit. Or Benny Hill.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 15:03]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 16:28 - Jan 6 with 3357 viewschristiand

It highlights to me how we are just incapable of dealing with crosses into our box. I tortured myself too Wrightie in watching your horror show, but lost count of the number of goals scored from crosses!! Don't know if I can watch again and count the number of free headers the attackers have?!

Nicely put together though!!
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 16:35]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 16:41 - Jan 6 with 3336 viewsBlue_Moses

I'm closer to the goal scorers watching from my TV than Chambers is in these clips.
It's absolutely dog sh1t awful Dubbers (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 6 with 3332 viewsDyland

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 14:19 - Jan 6 by Dubtractor

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 16:43 - Jan 6 with 3327 viewsbournemouthblue

The stuff nightmares are made of!

And Spence still continues to be picked week in week out, I'm not convinced by the Pennington Chambers combination either

Physically we're not the biggest side and don't have many players who can help out defensively when dealing with set pieces

For all the qualities of Adam Webster, we miss his size as much as anything

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 16:44 - Jan 6 with 3326 viewsBlue_Moses

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 16:41 - Jan 6 by Blue_Moses

I'm closer to the goal scorers watching from my TV than Chambers is in these clips.

Jesus, Chambers is at fault for at least 30 of these. When you put them all together it makes you question how he's still allowed to play at this level.
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 21:18 - Jan 6 with 3223 viewsBluesquid

Well done Wrightie for putting that together, painful but essential viewing nonetheless.

It all just looks so disorganized and disjointed almost rudderless.

Oh well, im getting tired of calling out the mistakes but it's all there in the clip and it cannot be denied.

As for changes on Saturday i've got a feeling that Lambert has lost patience with Spence and i don't know what he's got planned but i really don't think Spence will make the first 11 against Rotherham.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 21:23]
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 22:19 - Jan 6 with 3181 viewsChocorange

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 14:19 - Jan 6 by Dubtractor

So if we the fans are aware of it, the opposition are aware of it....
Then why the hell is it not being sorted out on the training field... Or if they are simply not capable , that's pretty damning of professionals.. Then get rid ...the same as you would in any other job where people can't do what they are paid to do!
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 23:10 - Jan 6 with 3142 viewsDoug_Clure

Having just watched the horror show compilation - well done for putting it together - I find it amazing how many of these that I had erased from my memory!

However from viewing it is shocking, disregarding goal keeper mistakes; unstoppable shots; and penalties, how similar so many of these goals are. I didn’t count them but the number of headers or close range tap ins in the six yard box is appalling. All seemingly coming from crosses in open play going past full backs or centre halves or set pieces.

The link to all of them, as they mostly seem really soft, is a lack of organisation individually and collectively; failures of not doing the basics right; not strong enough or willing to put bodies on the line; losing marks. It is school boy stuff. It’s poor organisation in a group of average players who if they got their acts together regardless of ability should be able to defend as a group.

With the lack of our own goal threat it is clear why we are where we are. Whatever your thoughts on Evans etc this is down to poor coaching (probably from pre season onwards) and players unwillingness to work hard.
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 00:21 - Jan 7 with 3103 viewstextbackup

this is absolutely pathetic defending. I knew we'd been bad this year, but watching this back, and more so their body language after conceding..... lost for words.

the goalkeeping is terrible.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 04:54 - Jan 7 with 3065 viewsSpruceMoose

Got to the Tom Lawrence goal had to turn it off. Other teams are clearly aware of our inability to defend crosses and free kicks and are going to keep hammering us on those for the rest of the season. That needs sorting ASAP, for all the good it'll do us, seeing as my hope of us surviving is long gone.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 06:28 - Jan 7 with 3036 viewsBenters2

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 16:44 - Jan 6 by Blue_Moses

Jesus, Chambers is at fault for at least 30 of these. When you put them all together it makes you question how he's still allowed to play at this level.

He is a fine leader of men though.

Anybody watching that and can tell me why they think we will stay in this league?

Its made me feel worse watching that rubbish.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 6:38]
ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 06:34 - Jan 7 with 3034 viewsjeera

For many of those the body language seems to suggest acceptance before the ball's even got in the net.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

ITFC - The 46 conceded goals in 26 matches on 09:24 - Jan 7 with 2970 viewshoppy

Have you sent that to Lambert? He should sit the players down and make them watch that.

Painful viewing.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024