Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having read all the responses..... 22:26 - Jan 5 with 3142 viewsblueysbackside

...to my Evans out thread and elsewhere, there are many fans who are saying that the exit of our owner will lead to the club going under. Whilst I disagree with this, do we as fans just have to accept then the slow decline of our once great club? That is until Evans does sell to someone who is happy to take on a declining business with huge debts?
Having read all the responses..... on 22:28 - Jan 5 with 2896 viewsOxford_Blue

Why do tou disagree?

What happens on day one after Evans goes and there is a wage bill for January to pay of £1m?

Please enlighten us as to who pays this given the club doesn’t generate the cash to do so.

then what about the next month? And the other bills?
Having read all the responses..... on 22:29 - Jan 5 with 2886 viewsBloomBlue

I guess 3 options

1, accept it
2, hope someone else buys the club. But if owning a loss making club is saving Evans billions in tax as so many fans think then surely the next owner will take the same approach
3, go and support another club
Having read all the responses..... on 22:29 - Jan 5 with 2879 viewsJ2BLUE

Probably better encouraging Evans to invest £10m than to sell. I know that sounds crazy but £10m in the right hands is an investment in the current climate. The Prem tv money deal has increased so fees are only going one way for the next 5 years or so. I know this theory hasn't really worked out with the Hurst signings but we didn't exactly sign the cream of the lower leagues and Jackson looks to have enough promise to eventually prove this theory correct.

Evans is a businessman. Perhaps we should present him with a five year plan and come up with a solution instead of just bitching.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Having read all the responses..... on 22:30 - Jan 5 with 2873 viewsBurwell_Blue

Yes!!

Not every club can get promoted. Not every club can win all the time. Football has changed, we are finding our place. Sh1t happens, we just have to do our best.
Having read all the responses..... on 22:32 - Jan 5 with 2853 viewsblueysbackside

Having read all the responses..... on 22:28 - Jan 5 by Oxford_Blue

Why do tou disagree?

What happens on day one after Evans goes and there is a wage bill for January to pay of £1m?

Please enlighten us as to who pays this given the club doesn’t generate the cash to do so.

Because not every business that is non profit making and down on its knees dies. You adapt accordingly. We could be in League Two before we pick up again. I see us in League One with a bunch of kids and League One/Two standard players. Wage bill will take this into account.
Having read all the responses..... on 22:32 - Jan 5 with 2849 viewsOxford_Blue

Having read all the responses..... on 22:29 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

Probably better encouraging Evans to invest £10m than to sell. I know that sounds crazy but £10m in the right hands is an investment in the current climate. The Prem tv money deal has increased so fees are only going one way for the next 5 years or so. I know this theory hasn't really worked out with the Hurst signings but we didn't exactly sign the cream of the lower leagues and Jackson looks to have enough promise to eventually prove this theory correct.

Evans is a businessman. Perhaps we should present him with a five year plan and come up with a solution instead of just bitching.

But of that £10m, £6m (at least) covers the losses.

So that’s £4m for transfers and wages.

Which is basically what he gave Hurst.
Having read all the responses..... on 22:34 - Jan 5 with 2838 viewsJ2BLUE

Having read all the responses..... on 22:32 - Jan 5 by Oxford_Blue

But of that £10m, £6m (at least) covers the losses.

So that’s £4m for transfers and wages.

Which is basically what he gave Hurst.

£10m investment on top of the £6m. Eventually he's going to have to do something. He can't just go on losing £6m a year forever.

He didn't actually give Hurst anything. All that money was generated from sales.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Having read all the responses..... on 22:34 - Jan 5 with 2837 viewsOxford_Blue

Having read all the responses..... on 22:32 - Jan 5 by blueysbackside

Because not every business that is non profit making and down on its knees dies. You adapt accordingly. We could be in League Two before we pick up again. I see us in League One with a bunch of kids and League One/Two standard players. Wage bill will take this into account.

I don’t think you get the point.

You say Evans leaving wouldn’t mean the death of the club.

I asked you if Evans does go then who will be paying the wage bill and covering the losses that allow the club to exist.

I’m still waiting on that one.
Login to get fewer ads

Having read all the responses..... on 22:36 - Jan 5 with 2832 viewsRyorry

It does seem to me a false economy to let things carry on sliding, rather than invest in a few quality players right now.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Having read all the responses..... on 22:36 - Jan 5 with 2825 viewsblueysbackside

Having read all the responses..... on 22:34 - Jan 5 by Oxford_Blue

I don’t think you get the point.

You say Evans leaving wouldn’t mean the death of the club.

I asked you if Evans does go then who will be paying the wage bill and covering the losses that allow the club to exist.

I’m still waiting on that one.

Whomever is mad or clever enough to buy an ailing business with potential to become something big in years to come
Having read all the responses..... on 22:40 - Jan 5 with 2795 viewsOxford_Blue

Having read all the responses..... on 22:36 - Jan 5 by blueysbackside

Whomever is mad or clever enough to buy an ailing business with potential to become something big in years to come

Right......and that person is?????

Because unless and until you can tell me who it is or even who it is likely to be then the consequences of Evans going is ther the club goes under.
Having read all the responses..... on 22:44 - Jan 5 with 2766 viewsblueysbackside

Having read all the responses..... on 22:40 - Jan 5 by Oxford_Blue

Right......and that person is?????

Because unless and until you can tell me who it is or even who it is likely to be then the consequences of Evans going is ther the club goes under.

I can't give you a name. And I wouldn't have been able to give you a name had you asked me the same question when we were up sh** creek before Evans came along. Doesn't mean someone out there doesn't exist who would buy the club. Do you think Leicester fans knew about the Thai family before they bought the club?
Having read all the responses..... on 22:49 - Jan 5 with 2731 viewsGuthrum

Has Evans actually got £10m (on top of what he's already putting in) spare to throw at ITFC? That's a sizeable chunk of money by anybody's standards. Just because he owns businesses worth £700m or whatever (what his Sunday Times Rich List worth really represents), doesn't mean there's that much cash lying around to spend.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Having read all the responses..... on 22:50 - Jan 5 with 2725 views3_5_2

Having read all the responses..... on 22:29 - Jan 5 by BloomBlue

I guess 3 options

1, accept it
2, hope someone else buys the club. But if owning a loss making club is saving Evans billions in tax as so many fans think then surely the next owner will take the same approach
3, go and support another club

3) really annoys me if you truly support ITFC you cannot go and support another club. Yes you can go, pay money and watch but emotionally ITFC would always be your team

Its crap, in fact its worse than crap and I fear we havnt hit rock bottom yet but if you are a true fan that ITFC are your team

ME will do whats best for ME and no amount of bedwetting or banners will change that

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Having read all the responses..... on 22:51 - Jan 5 with 2713 viewsdavblue

I don’t think Jackson will be a starter unless we play 2 upfront, his hold up play is far too limited for someone playing upfront by himself.
Having read all the responses..... on 22:52 - Jan 5 with 2712 viewsOxford_Blue

Having read all the responses..... on 22:44 - Jan 5 by blueysbackside

I can't give you a name. And I wouldn't have been able to give you a name had you asked me the same question when we were up sh** creek before Evans came along. Doesn't mean someone out there doesn't exist who would buy the club. Do you think Leicester fans knew about the Thai family before they bought the club?

Right, so there’s no one. You’re just speculating.

If there was anyone, they would have come forwards now. Evans is desperate to sell and any owner who is a fan - and frankly they would be the only person who would want to take it on - would come out now publicly to save the club.

No one would want to wait until the club are relegated, and crowds drop, losses go up, revenue suffers etc.
Having read all the responses..... on 22:52 - Jan 5 with 2713 viewsBlue_Moses

I'm sure someone has already said this but...

I want him out but only if there is someone in place to replace the cash flow
Having read all the responses..... on 22:53 - Jan 5 with 2696 viewsfactual_blue

Having read all the responses..... on 22:49 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

Has Evans actually got £10m (on top of what he's already putting in) spare to throw at ITFC? That's a sizeable chunk of money by anybody's standards. Just because he owns businesses worth £700m or whatever (what his Sunday Times Rich List worth really represents), doesn't mean there's that much cash lying around to spend.

Nonsense.

The £700m is all under his mattress. Everybody knows that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Having read all the responses..... on 23:05 - Jan 5 with 2656 viewsFtnfwest

Having read all the responses..... on 22:53 - Jan 5 by factual_blue

Nonsense.

The £700m is all under his mattress. Everybody knows that.

This is true, flibble
Having read all the responses..... on 23:08 - Jan 5 with 2619 viewsHARRY10

Why do tou disagree?

How would Evans just be able to go, as you put it ?
Having read all the responses..... on 23:14 - Jan 5 with 2595 viewsportmanking

Having read all the responses..... on 23:08 - Jan 5 by HARRY10

How would Evans just be able to go, as you put it ?

Chuckle. Quite.

Evans can't just take his football and go home. The club is under his name until he finds a buyer.
Having read all the responses..... on 23:48 - Jan 5 with 2548 viewsStewart27

Why do tou disagree?

Ok

So you’re Marcus Evans. You’re a multi millionaire. Do you continue to pay money out of your own pocket to keep the club afloat or do you pay a little bit more to stand a chance of getting some investment back?

January 2016. You’re second in the league. Do you invest?

I’m getting sick and tired of this whole funding our hobby nonsense. It’s the basic requirement of owning and running a football club. Evans has run this club solely for 10 years and has allowed the club to become the shambles it is now.
Having read all the responses..... on 23:55 - Jan 5 with 2535 viewsKeaneish

Why do tou disagree?

????

Evan’s can’t walk away without getting some money back. He’s not going to leave a 30 million hole and the club to flounder. Pretty basic business economics. We’re stuck with Evan’s until he’s bought out. Only diffference of opinion is whether the fan base can proactively force the issue or whether we have to wait until it happens. Given how sh*t the last ten years have been, anyone backing the latter needs their head read.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Having read all the responses..... on 08:59 - Jan 6 with 2333 viewsOxford_Blue

Having read all the responses..... on 23:55 - Jan 5 by Keaneish

????

Evan’s can’t walk away without getting some money back. He’s not going to leave a 30 million hole and the club to flounder. Pretty basic business economics. We’re stuck with Evan’s until he’s bought out. Only diffference of opinion is whether the fan base can proactively force the issue or whether we have to wait until it happens. Given how sh*t the last ten years have been, anyone backing the latter needs their head read.

Of course he can. It not him it’s his company.

The company that owns the club doesn’t generate enough income on its own.

Evans subsidises it from his other companies.

He would just stop the lifeline.

The company that owns the club couldn’t pay its bills and would go into administration.
Having read all the responses..... on 10:29 - Jan 6 with 2257 viewstractorboy1978

Having read all the responses..... on 23:55 - Jan 5 by Keaneish

????

This is what is happening at Bolton at the moment. The owner has stopped plugging the gap and they can't pay wages, transfer fees committed to etc. Evans could do that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024