Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) 09:21 - Jan 6 with 1703 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Poll: Final points total?

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 09:28 - Jan 6 with 1681 viewsOxford_Blue

This has been covered before.

What are you aims of protesting?

To force him out? In which case you’d better have a buyer ready or thebclub dies.

Or to make him spend money? If the latter, you really a few chants will make a difference? Would you be told how to spend your own money by a few hundred people shouting?

You’re also assuming he’s at the game.
Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:08 - Jan 6 with 1611 viewsFixed_It

No. I think a huge show of support for Paul Lambert would be less damaging, more positive and just as effective to make the same point.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:41 - Jan 6 with 1562 viewsjas0999

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 09:28 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

This has been covered before.

What are you aims of protesting?

To force him out? In which case you’d better have a buyer ready or thebclub dies.

Or to make him spend money? If the latter, you really a few chants will make a difference? Would you be told how to spend your own money by a few hundred people shouting?

You’re also assuming he’s at the game.

If he has any sense he won’t go. At the very least I very much doubt he will be visible.

The better way to protest for folk - like me - who are unhappy with his ownership of the club is to leave feedback on the Evans main website.
Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:42 - Jan 6 with 1556 viewsartsbossbeard

Not really. Thanks for the offer though.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:43 - Jan 6 with 1548 viewswkj

Post like these do not help, if you are going to plan a protest, actually plan one, then share the details about what you plan to do and when, so you can get a roll call and a sense of scope for people into it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:44 - Jan 6 with 1532 viewsPecker

Would rather not. Would prefer to sing my heart out in the hope of inspiring the lads to win. Thanks for running it pass me though.
Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:46 - Jan 6 with 1521 viewseireblue

If you are passionate about a protest, and think it is worthwhile and necessary, and can effect some form of change, why not just go ahead and protest?

Either people will join or they won’t.
Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:53 - Jan 6 with 1497 viewsmr_bean

No.

The extremely tiny chance that we have of beating relegation absolutely depends on us beating Rotherham. Protests during that specific game would be utterly counter-productive.

If we fail to win against Rotherham, then that's a different matter. Personally, I think the huge show of support for Lambert that someone mentioned further up this thread would be more effective.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:54 - Jan 6 with 1497 viewsJ2BLUE

Win and the gap is 7 points and manageable. Draw or lose and it looks like game over. You want to protest at that game? You clearly don't care about the club at all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:56 - Jan 6 with 1477 viewstomo

It’s a no from me
Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:57 - Jan 6 with 1472 viewsGuthrum

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:43 - Jan 6 by wkj

Post like these do not help, if you are going to plan a protest, actually plan one, then share the details about what you plan to do and when, so you can get a roll call and a sense of scope for people into it.

To be fair, you've got to canvass levels of potential support before going to the effort of organising an event.

Then halve or quarter those numbers to decide how many might actually turn up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:59 - Jan 6 with 1461 viewsEwan_Oozami

Time to protest might be at the end of the season if we go down

Until then, and afterwards if he stays, I'll be supporting Lambert and the team as much as possible.

If by some miracle we stay up, protests will probably be superfluous, as we'll all be so bladdered celebrating.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 11:00 - Jan 6 with 1443 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Don’t think we need that sort of distraction right now.
Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 11:03 - Jan 6 with 1431 viewsHarry_Palmer

No, none whatsoever.
Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 11:06 - Jan 6 with 1411 viewscarlisleaway

It’s a no from me.....
Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 11:14 - Jan 6 with 1373 viewswkj

Evans protest v Rotherham. Any appetite for it? (n/t) on 10:57 - Jan 6 by Guthrum

To be fair, you've got to canvass levels of potential support before going to the effort of organising an event.

Then halve or quarter those numbers to decide how many might actually turn up.

Maybe so, but

"Do you fancy a protest"

isn't a great platform to build upon. I mean look at the good work Blue Action have done, I remember some posts about forming an Ultras group (is that what its called?) getting laughed at because they were scarce in details; but with some careful organisation and planning, Blue Action formed and is probably the best part of the match day experience.

Town fans have a bad track record for making statements, Brighton Banner, Bed sheets, potentially sticking stickers up at Brentford tube station) - So to get interest we need much better organisation than plopping a vague TWTD/ Twitter / Facebook post up.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024