Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think we can all agree now that....... 09:53 - Jan 6 with 7623 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

........Mick was a miracle worker. Maybe we should send him a big sorry card, and some cheese!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Think we can all agree now that....... on 09:56 - Jan 6 with 4726 viewswkj

Nope, it is Mick's fault that Evans got away with it for so long, send him a dog turd in the mail I'd say.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:04 - Jan 6 with 4680 viewsbournemouthblue

Mick was a decent manager and good at getting the best out of Championship level players

He plays a simple game with stubborn framework which works on a shoestring, it's his mentality which grinded people down in the end

His approach will be tolerated when he does well but soon grinds you down when it leads to continual mediocrity. His flakiness with the fans certainly helped to dig his grave.

No one denies he didn't do a good job but it was his time to move on

It's quite clear Hurst was the wrong appointment and Lambert has had to pick up the pieces.

I don't think anyone was against the idea of a young manager coming in, particularly if they were destined for big things but we really did choose the wrong man there.

Lambert in the summer surely wouldn't have torn this squad up in the way Hurst did?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 10:05]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:07 - Jan 6 with 4650 viewsjeera

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:04 - Jan 6 by bournemouthblue

Mick was a decent manager and good at getting the best out of Championship level players

He plays a simple game with stubborn framework which works on a shoestring, it's his mentality which grinded people down in the end

His approach will be tolerated when he does well but soon grinds you down when it leads to continual mediocrity. His flakiness with the fans certainly helped to dig his grave.

It's quite clear Hurst was the wrong appointment and Lambert has had to pick up the pieces.

I don't think anyone was against the idea of a young manager coming in, particularly if they were destined for big things but we really did choose the wrong man there.

Lambert in the summer surely wouldn't have torn this squad up in the way Hurst did?

The time to move on would have been at the end of the season.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:08 - Jan 6 with 4641 viewswkj

The biggest mistake made over summer was Evans not being aware of the groundswell of support fans had shown for Jack Ross. Don't get me wrong, I thought Hurst would do a job at the time (until the transfers started coming in) - Though I think had he gone with Ross, like most wanted, we'd be in a better place.

Crybaby

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:10 - Jan 6 with 4621 viewsjeera

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:08 - Jan 6 by wkj

The biggest mistake made over summer was Evans not being aware of the groundswell of support fans had shown for Jack Ross. Don't get me wrong, I thought Hurst would do a job at the time (until the transfers started coming in) - Though I think had he gone with Ross, like most wanted, we'd be in a better place.

From all I'd read on here and elsewhere, I was of the understanding that either Hurst or Ross would be positive.

This is why I shouldn't be in charge.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:11 - Jan 6 with 4619 viewsmrshallisfit

Perfectly measured post. All I'll add is that Evan's undercut him at least twice which led to his brand of football becoming unsuccessful. Hurst was just so far out of his depth it is not real. It all leads back to an owner who is absent and doesn't lead. ( And then puts chimps in charge who haven't got a clue about football). And/or he asset strips, undercuts, underinvests.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:11 - Jan 6 with 4615 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A lot of people still deny that Mick did a good job, actually
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 10:20]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:16 - Jan 6 with 4590 viewsbournemouthblue

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:11 - Jan 6 by mrshallisfit

Perfectly measured post. All I'll add is that Evan's undercut him at least twice which led to his brand of football becoming unsuccessful. Hurst was just so far out of his depth it is not real. It all leads back to an owner who is absent and doesn't lead. ( And then puts chimps in charge who haven't got a clue about football). And/or he asset strips, undercuts, underinvests.

Evans stitched him up by not backing him, he was definitely a victim of that underinvestment when adding some added quality seemed an absolute no brainer

You do wonder if Evans offered him the money or some money and MM simply decided there wasn't anyone available at the time. We will never know!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:20 - Jan 6 with 4566 viewsWickets

Mick did what he did but it was just papering over the cracks year after year and for those happy with that he did quite a good job. It is a matter of record on this forum that i have been saying much the same as Paul Lambert is now saying that expensive loans year after year,yes we have seen some good players for a season in a Town shirt,will not take the club forward we need to build our own team however long it takes. I just hope that this club can now get its head out of its bottom and we can move onwards and upwards some time soon.
Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:20 - Jan 6 with 4567 viewswkj

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:10 - Jan 6 by jeera

From all I'd read on here and elsewhere, I was of the understanding that either Hurst or Ross would be positive.

This is why I shouldn't be in charge.

There was support for both, but Evans did dither on Ross for an unreasonable amount of time, which lead Ross to go to Sunderland, and rightly so.

I feel the hype for Ross was much greater than the hype for Hurst too, simply because of the passion he showed on his tactical videos, and not to mention a sexy sweater vest.

Crybaby

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:25 - Jan 6 with 4535 viewsballycastle

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:16 - Jan 6 by bournemouthblue

Evans stitched him up by not backing him, he was definitely a victim of that underinvestment when adding some added quality seemed an absolute no brainer

You do wonder if Evans offered him the money or some money and MM simply decided there wasn't anyone available at the time. We will never know!

That is the problem when managers wages/bonuses are linked to what they spend on transfers and wages.
Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:34 - Jan 6 with 4486 viewsGuthrum

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:20 - Jan 6 by wkj

There was support for both, but Evans did dither on Ross for an unreasonable amount of time, which lead Ross to go to Sunderland, and rightly so.

I feel the hype for Ross was much greater than the hype for Hurst too, simply because of the passion he showed on his tactical videos, and not to mention a sexy sweater vest.

Altho there may have been other factors at play. Throughout his career, Ross has shown a marked determination not to stray too far (if at all) from Scotland.

He has stated that it was his choice to go to Sunderland, not rejection by Ipswich. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44586349

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:47 - Jan 6 with 4420 viewsGuthrum

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:20 - Jan 6 by Wickets

Mick did what he did but it was just papering over the cracks year after year and for those happy with that he did quite a good job. It is a matter of record on this forum that i have been saying much the same as Paul Lambert is now saying that expensive loans year after year,yes we have seen some good players for a season in a Town shirt,will not take the club forward we need to build our own team however long it takes. I just hope that this club can now get its head out of its bottom and we can move onwards and upwards some time soon.

Thing is, as we've found this season, in the time it takes to rebuild the team, you can easily be relegated.

Think of it as an old wall in a Victorian house, effectively held together by layers of wallpaper. Strip that off and the whole lot comes down in a cloud of foul black dust. You then just have a horrible mess and an unuseable room until it's completely rebuilt.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:47 - Jan 6 with 4416 viewsmoscow2000

No Micks problem was the same as he had managing Ireland in Saipan and the hassle with Roy Keene
He put up with whatever the Irish fa or in our case Marcus Evans wanted
Second rate facilities ( hotel, training pitch, travel etc.) from the Irish and from Evans no investment in the team whatsoever
Didn’t have the bottle to demand better from them both so took the easy option and a good salary for what he was doing
I do admit he done a good job on keeping us up but with never any hope of improvement apart from one lucky season when Murphy hit anything towards goal went in
Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:52 - Jan 6 with 4377 viewsjas0999

An up mark for effort!
Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:56 - Jan 6 with 4338 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:11 - Jan 6 by mrshallisfit

Agree with this. I never minded Mick's failings in political correctness and furthermore, considering how poorly he was backed by Evans, am surprised he was as restrained as he was. The behaviour of a certain element towards him was, and always will be, shameful.

Think we can all agree now that....... on 11:03 - Jan 6 with 4284 viewsjudespiveyg

Why, because we lost an FA Cup game to a lower league side? Cause Mccarthy never did that...

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Think we can all agree now that....... on 11:07 - Jan 6 with 4268 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Think we can all agree now that....... on 11:03 - Jan 6 by judespiveyg

Why, because we lost an FA Cup game to a lower league side? Cause Mccarthy never did that...

......no, the other stuff!

Think we can all agree now that....... on 11:10 - Jan 6 with 4254 viewsSuperfrans

What should Hurst have done but make as many signings as he did. He was left with this as our squad. Sears aside, every one of our outfield back up players were kids and we needed 5 players to have a back up for every position in the first XI.

If Hurst was told he had to sell before bringing anybody in (resulting in the sale of Waghorn, Webster and Garner) I’m not sure what option he had.

I blame Hurst for the players he chose, not the fact he had to make signings.

Gerken / Bart
Knudsen / Kenlock
Spence / Emmanuel
Chambers / Woolfenden
Webster / SIGNING
Skuse / Downes
Ward / Nydam
SIGNING / SIGNING
SIGNING / SIGNING
Waghorn / Morris
Garner / Sears

INJURED/RETURNING:
Dozzell
Bishop
Huws
Rowe
Adeyemi

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Think we can all agree now that....... on 11:12 - Jan 6 with 4236 viewsBluefish

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:08 - Jan 6 by wkj

There was nothing to choose between Hurst and Ross on paper and if anything the league 1 manager of the year was a stronger candidate. Ross was more popular because he was the 1st to be seriously linked. The plan for Hurst made sense probably just as the plan for keane did at the time. Sadly they were both extremely costly disasters

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Think we can all agree now that....... on 11:16 - Jan 6 with 4220 viewswkj

Think we can all agree now that....... on 11:12 - Jan 6 by Bluefish

There was nothing to choose between Hurst and Ross on paper and if anything the league 1 manager of the year was a stronger candidate. Ross was more popular because he was the 1st to be seriously linked. The plan for Hurst made sense probably just as the plan for keane did at the time. Sadly they were both extremely costly disasters

Horses for courses, I know I personally prefered Ross over Hurst and that, hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but my personal view has remained consistent on this.

Crybaby

Think we can all agree now that....... on 11:35 - Jan 6 with 4150 viewsitfcjoe

Think we can all agree now that....... on 10:34 - Jan 6 by Guthrum

Altho there may have been other factors at play. Throughout his career, Ross has shown a marked determination not to stray too far (if at all) from Scotland.

He has stated that it was his choice to go to Sunderland, not rejection by Ipswich. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44586349

We could have had him here with an ITFC shirt before Sunderland's takeover had even come close to being finalised

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Think we can all agree now that....... on 11:38 - Jan 6 with 4140 viewsNo9

It will have to be avery big cheese to equal MM's overblown ego
Think we can all agree now that....... on 12:00 - Jan 6 with 4084 viewsFtnfwest

and he did it all for free as well
Think we can all agree now that....... on 12:03 - Jan 6 with 4071 viewsBluefish

Think we can all agree now that....... on 12:00 - Jan 6 by Ftnfwest

and he did it all for free as well

Why hold someone getting paid against them? I didn't understand that yesterday at the players either.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024