Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thinking more on Lambert's interview 10:44 - Jan 6 with 2543 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Have we just had our very first experience of an ITFC manager openly criticising the owner? Certainly sounded that way.

"The club should never be in the state it’s in”
"It’s an absolute disgrace what’s happened here. It should never have happened, it's too big a club. But it does happen to clubs if you take your eye off the ball."

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 10:47 - Jan 6 with 2523 viewswkj

I hope so, and thats what Evans needs, and more so, the fans. The fans need to know a manager is on their side, and not just the puppet if the chairman, especially when the chairman makes it painfully obvious he doesn't want to engage with fans himself, but rather vicariously via his posse or comical (in hindsight) videos.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:10 - Jan 6 with 2357 viewsfactual_blue

Strictly speaking, that's not 'openly criticising the owner'. It is perhaps obliquely criticising him. He is, I think, saying, 'this is what we need to do, so back me or sack me', safe in the knowledge that ME won't be sacking him.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:27 - Jan 6 with 2283 viewshector_clifford

I think it is equally if not more at Ian Milne.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:28 - Jan 6 with 2279 viewsNo9

Criticising not just Mr Evans but also team managers who were in charge at PR before him.
We should all be able to see he is right in doing that.
Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:40 - Jan 6 with 2220 viewsBluearmy71

I'm more inclined to think it was a comment on Paul Hursts tenure and how a so called professional footballer turned manager could strip a team of the quality players we had in here when he took over!!
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 11:42]
Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:42 - Jan 6 with 2206 viewswkj

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:28 - Jan 6 by No9

Criticising not just Mr Evans but also team managers who were in charge at PR before him.
We should all be able to see he is right in doing that.

I reckon Lambert is a regular on the TWTD forums, he does keep saying what many of us have been thinking

Crybaby

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:44 - Jan 6 with 2184 viewsRegencyBlue

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:27 - Jan 6 by hector_clifford

Milnes only function is to take the heat off Evans and see his instructions followed.

Milne is irrelevant!
Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:45 - Jan 6 with 2172 viewsitfcjoe

Just posted on another thread that I think Lambert will challenge Evans like no other manager has done so far.

Is Evans up for the challenge?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:46 - Jan 6 with 2163 viewswkj

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:45 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

Just posted on another thread that I think Lambert will challenge Evans like no other manager has done so far.

Who is this Evans person you mention; I thought youd vetoed mention of him in discussions.

Crybaby

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:59 - Jan 6 with 2100 viewshector_clifford

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:44 - Jan 6 by RegencyBlue

Milnes only function is to take the heat off Evans and see his instructions followed.

Milne is irrelevant!

Isn't it more overseeing the day to day running of the club, which Evans can't do it he wasn't there.
There must be a reason why he is becoming more hands on and is at the club a lot more.
As much as I liked Mick, everything was for the short term and for himself and the lads and he might not have cared enough to pull Milne and Evans up on things, with such a good contract and with all the stick he was getting (rightly or wrongly)
If Evans doesn't know there is a problem, like with contracts, how can he sort it. Lambert cares about the club as a whole, it's future and the fans, and all these issues on and off the pitch are coming to light.
To say Milne is irrelevant I think is wrong though I agree Evans must take responsibility for hiring non footballing people in this role.
I imagine though he is on a fairly healthy salary, so he can't just be a mouth piece for Evans.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 12:44 - Jan 6 with 1965 viewssolemio

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:46 - Jan 6 by wkj

Who is this Evans person you mention; I thought youd vetoed mention of him in discussions.

Perhaps he's a friend of that guy Evan who keeps getting mentioned on here: Evan's.
Unless his real name is Evan Evans.
Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 12:54 - Jan 6 with 1907 viewsghostofescobar

Possibly also PL buying himself some time and deflecting criticism, as he knows this lot are a complete shower of sh1te and way beyond helping this season.

GhostOfEscobar

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 12:55 - Jan 6 with 1896 viewsbackwaywhen

See my post ....Russian Roulette.
Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 13:29 - Jan 6 with 1764 viewscarlo88

Perhaps he's seen enough and wants out already, wouldn't be the first manager in that situation. I can't imagine we a very enticing prospect at the moment.
Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 15:41 - Jan 6 with 1528 viewsjontysnut

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:27 - Jan 6 by hector_clifford

What is the point of Ian Milne?
Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 15:54 - Jan 6 with 1485 viewsNo9

Thinking more on Lambert's interview on 11:45 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

For all we know Mr Evans may well have passed that challenge on to PL
Whether the support will be there, we don't yet know
But Mr E now has to brace himself for potentially more financial loss & something he can't sell
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024