Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pennington 11:47 - Jan 6 with 4556 viewsHarry_Palmer

After his woeful performance yesterday I think PL needs to have a serious look at getting somebody else in and sending him back to Everton in January.

Some of his performances have been decent but overall he is just not what we need right now, not strong enough in the air and far too often he loses his man to a bit of movement in the box, as highlighted again yesterday.

I don't think CCV is the answer right now either, for me we need a big no nonsense centre half who is going to dominate in the air and offer a threat at set pieces. If he can't pass out then so be it, we need to get back to basics before worrying about anything else.

Nsiala starts alongside Chambers for me next week (assuming we don't get someone in before then).
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 11:54]
Pennington on 11:50 - Jan 6 with 4534 viewspositivity

i think ccv is an upgrade on pennington stronger and more importnatly a talker and organiser which this defence sorely needs.
agree with nsiala starting, but the more important decision is to take spence out

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Pennington on 12:17 - Jan 6 with 4445 viewsHarry_Palmer

Pennington on 11:50 - Jan 6 by positivity

i think ccv is an upgrade on pennington stronger and more importnatly a talker and organiser which this defence sorely needs.
agree with nsiala starting, but the more important decision is to take spence out

I agree Spence is poor but is Donacien really any better?

If we could get a new right back as well then great, but for me we must get a better centre half in as a priority.

One thing is for sure, if we keep conceding ridiculous goals like we have recently we have absolutely no chance of winning games.
Pennington on 12:28 - Jan 6 with 4400 viewsfloridaboy

What is wrong with Pennington at right back with Chambers, Toto and Elder.

Thought he first came here he was either a central defender or right back

Got to be an improvement on the current holder of the right back berth
Pennington on 14:43 - Jan 6 with 4245 viewstitanicclown

I thought Lambert had to bring on Nsiala at half time v QPR. Chambers and Pennington are simply too short.

Id be amazed if we werent enquiring about Matthew Connolly at Cardiff. Nowhere near their squad and has won the championship more than once.
Pennington on 15:03 - Jan 6 with 4184 viewsClapham_Junction

His air kick when trying to clear a ball yesterday was embarrassing.
Pennington on 15:11 - Jan 6 with 4155 viewsGuthrum

Pennington on 12:28 - Jan 6 by floridaboy

What is wrong with Pennington at right back with Chambers, Toto and Elder.

Thought he first came here he was either a central defender or right back

Got to be an improvement on the current holder of the right back berth

Pennington at RB very much didn't work last time (Swansea IIRC).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pennington on 15:42 - Jan 6 with 4079 viewspositivity

Pennington on 12:17 - Jan 6 by Harry_Palmer

If we could get a new right back as well then great, but for me we must get a better centre half in as a priority.

One thing is for sure, if we keep conceding ridiculous goals like we have recently we have absolutely no chance of winning games.

he definitely deserves a chance before we chuck away the investment ub him, not had a sniff at full-back under pl

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Pennington on 16:03 - Jan 6 with 4032 viewsblaggers

MM should never have let Tommy Smith go.

Poll: What happens next?

Login to get fewer ads

Pennington on 17:07 - Jan 6 with 3900 viewsBlue_Moses

Unfortunately Captain Marvel is teaching him his bad habits. Pennington should be put into quarantine.
Pennington on 17:12 - Jan 6 with 3885 viewsbournemouthblue

I still don't get why Nsiala has been totally abandoned, I thought we starting to settle in before that red card. He scored in the same game I believe?

For me Pennington is one of those centre backs who needs a big man next to him to do the physical work whilst he sweeps up. The same is truth of Chambers and as a combination it just doesn't work.

In the past Chambers has had Smith, Webster or Berra alongside to help with that side of the game

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Pennington on 17:13 - Jan 6 with 3874 viewsbournemouthblue

Pennington on 12:17 - Jan 6 by Harry_Palmer

We are forgetting Emmanuel here, he is surely worth another look also

Donacien seemed to be settling in but has been cast adrift much as Nsiala has been

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Pennington on 17:16 - Jan 6 with 3860 viewsHarry_Palmer

Pennington on 17:12 - Jan 6 by bournemouthblue

I still don't get why Nsiala has been totally abandoned, I thought we starting to settle in before that red card. He scored in the same game I believe?

For me Pennington is one of those centre backs who needs a big man next to him to do the physical work whilst he sweeps up. The same is truth of Chambers and as a combination it just doesn't work.

In the past Chambers has had Smith, Webster or Berra alongside to help with that side of the game

Yes that's my thinking also. As a pair they just don't work, we need a big no-nonsense brute alongside Chambers.

Nsiala looked pretty good yesterday but is that his level? We don't have any option right now other than to give him another shot.
Pennington on 18:36 - Jan 6 with 3761 viewscressi

Sorry but dog s**t never the right side average in the air and always slipping over Def need a centre half
Pennington on 18:38 - Jan 6 with 3750 viewsjas0999

Completely pointless keeping loanee Pennington. Start rebuilding now or bring in better.
Pennington on 11:21 - Jan 7 with 3546 viewsFrankMarshall

Needs to be moved on in my opinion. Poor player.

Frank Marshall

Pennington on 11:23 - Jan 7 with 3532 viewschicoazul

It seems like Jonas is off and therefore is persona non-grata but maybe give him a go at CB alongside Chambo next time, I dunno.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pennington on 11:25 - Jan 7 with 3522 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Thought Nsiala was probably the only decent performer in that Accrington game. For me, Pennington simply has to be dropped, mistake, week after week. We need a bruiser at centre half and Toto can do it, i think.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Pennington on 11:25 - Jan 7 with 3520 viewschicoazul

Pennington on 11:25 - Jan 7 by JammyDodgerrr

Thought Nsiala was probably the only decent performer in that Accrington game. For me, Pennington simply has to be dropped, mistake, week after week. We need a bruiser at centre half and Toto can do it, i think.

Nsiala doesnt have good enough feet to play the way Lambert wants though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Pennington on 11:27 - Jan 7 with 3505 viewsbadadski

Pennington on 11:21 - Jan 7 by FrankMarshall

Needs to be moved on in my opinion. Poor player.

He will be OK but to young and lacks the nous and positioning that only age and experience can bring us currently. We need two old fashioned brick sheizer houses currently who get their heads to everything before worrying about anything else.
Pennington on 11:33 - Jan 7 with 3484 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Pennington on 11:25 - Jan 7 by chicoazul

Nsiala doesnt have good enough feet to play the way Lambert wants though.

Maybe not, but Pennington has feet that do short passes to the keeper and air kicks - Nsiala could do what's required. he just needs a test imo.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Pennington on 11:37 - Jan 7 with 3467 viewschicoazul

Pennington on 11:33 - Jan 7 by JammyDodgerrr

Maybe not, but Pennington has feet that do short passes to the keeper and air kicks - Nsiala could do what's required. he just needs a test imo.

I agree and i'd like to see him given a go. We may as well play these expensive useless players Mini Roy bought now and assess whether we should hang on to them for L1 next season.

Pennington on 12:20 - Jan 7 with 3423 viewsagentp

Leeds fans didn't rate him at all either.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Pennington on 12:28 - Jan 7 with 3378 viewsDurovigutum

Pennington on 11:23 - Jan 7 by chicoazul

It seems like Jonas is off and therefore is persona non-grata but maybe give him a go at CB alongside Chambo next time, I dunno.

Agreed. Assuming he is still here in 2 weeks time.
Pennington on 12:30 - Jan 7 with 3372 viewsDeano69

Probably not the greatest endorsement, but he rates quite highly in the Ratings on here. Thought he was decent until the most recent 3 games.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024