Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Debt 13:34 - Jan 6 with 970 viewsStowTractorBoy

Could someone out there clarify for me where The Club stands with the current debt of 95 million pounds. In his early tenure I was led to believe that should Evans walk he will take the debt with him. Is this actually the case ?
Furthermore if we hound him out (I will not be one of them) how do we stand with the training ground which he now owns. If I were Evans and getting all this stick I would walk and state subject to any written clause can I have my 95 million back and the training ground is up for sale for prime position homes development. I just do not get all this hounding out of Evans and wonder if fans really realise how serious it will be if he does leave us. My reckoning would be that we will go into administration - is that what you all want ? I certainly don't.

Club Debt on 13:51 - Jan 6 with 913 viewsHorseboy

He's not getting anywhere near enough stick!

We are so easy going round here.

Club Debt on 13:57 - Jan 6 with 876 viewsblueislander

It is safe to assume that the loan is correctly documented. I would also imagine it is repayable on demand. Therefore it remains outstanding until either it is fully repaid, or Evans renounces formally his right to it. If he sells the club it seems certain that the buyer makes it a condition of the sale that he does renounce his right over the debt.

Club Debt on 14:02 - Jan 6 with 854 viewsthebooks

Obviously if he leaves without selling we'll have a several million pound shortfall and he can flog our most saleable asset to make some money back.

I'd love him to go as he's pretty much killed the club, but without a buyer that can't happen and we're reliant on him pumping in a few million a year. It's a dire situation.
Club Debt on 14:10 - Jan 6 with 825 viewsBackToRussia

Club Debt on 14:02 - Jan 6 by thebooks

Obviously if he leaves without selling we'll have a several million pound shortfall and he can flog our most saleable asset to make some money back.

I'd love him to go as he's pretty much killed the club, but without a buyer that can't happen and we're reliant on him pumping in a few million a year. It's a dire situation.

At this stage Evans should be going door to door trying to find another buyer. If he cares about the club he must see for whatever reason his tenure is an overall failure, on a downward trend as well.

I can see the business logic in saying the club isn't for sale if you are indeed trying to negotiate a sale, but it's frustrating not knowing what Evans is doing to bring it about or not. There are noises that he is privately open to a sale, and that's fairly obvious to deduce from the outside - who wouldn't want to rid themselves of a loss maker?

MM made do with a pittance, but really Evans should have been looking for the exit when he decided to stop investing to pre-2011 levels. What real hope is there in spending to the level we do and achieving promotion? It's asking for trouble, especially if you ever have a bad managerial appointment or freak bad injuries.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Club Debt on 14:16 - Jan 6 with 803 viewsFreddies_Ears

Club Debt on 14:10 - Jan 6 by BackToRussia

At this stage Evans should be going door to door trying to find another buyer. If he cares about the club he must see for whatever reason his tenure is an overall failure, on a downward trend as well.

I can see the business logic in saying the club isn't for sale if you are indeed trying to negotiate a sale, but it's frustrating not knowing what Evans is doing to bring it about or not. There are noises that he is privately open to a sale, and that's fairly obvious to deduce from the outside - who wouldn't want to rid themselves of a loss maker?

MM made do with a pittance, but really Evans should have been looking for the exit when he decided to stop investing to pre-2011 levels. What real hope is there in spending to the level we do and achieving promotion? It's asking for trouble, especially if you ever have a bad managerial appointment or freak bad injuries.

It has been well documented, including by Philtwtd, that Evans would sell if he gets a reasonable offer. That does not mean him getting all or even most of his money back.

If he walked away, he says goodbye to around £100m, but avoids putting about £5m-£6m in every single year. Dropping to League One costs us about a further £5m-£6m a year in broadcast revenues, so our budget would be down by two-thirds. That means a very high chance of Administration.

The last club to go the route of owner pulling out, relegation, etc was Bolton, a very few years ago, and what a mess they are in, on the verge of Admin again.

Club Debt (n/t) on 14:46 - Jan 6 with 717 viewsBlueNode

[Post edited 6 Jan 14:47]

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Club Debt on 15:16 - Jan 6 with 652 viewsbraveblue

The debt will be discounted as it was when he bought it. He won’t want one of his group companies going into administration.

All his supporters always go on about the money he puts in each year which is exaggereated by most. No one mentions the training ground sake to a group company for a nominal sum I believe. I wonder how much that would be worth with residential planning?

We should not hesitate to have a go at him. The worst thing ever to happen to ITFC.

Club Debt on 15:37 - Jan 6 with 605 viewsArnieM

OP: Evans has said if he ever sells the club the debt will be written off.

Poll: IF he would stay, would you offer Freddie another contract?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2019