Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? 14:45 - Jan 6 with 21707 viewsOxford_Blue

And does anyone feel that criticising him for his team’s style and performances now looks a little churlish given that with no money he got us to 7th, 6th and 12th?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:47]
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:03 - Jan 6 with 2781 viewsgeg1992

I sort of wanted Mick to stay, but everyone was getting bored and fed up so it was the right time to go.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:03 - Jan 6 with 2783 viewsbraveblue

Not me. Boring, boring football. And a git to boot.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:08 - Jan 6 with 2772 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Happy that I don't need to listen to this lout anymore. The contempt mccarthy has had for our fans was staggering. Is there a manager in the country that behaves in the same way towards his clubs fans as he does?

Yes, happy without him despite all this pain we have to endure this season.

Literally it was all about his flawed pride. 'My way or nothing, no-one is going to tell me what to do blah blah blah'.

His anger and reaction after the Celina's goal at Burton for example. Other examples too.

He would enjoy digging at us on many occasions, even when it wasn't necessary. What did he expect? For us to be obedient and nice? Does he think he is like North Korean dictator and do what he wants? P**ck !

Oh and all these glorious draws with Norwich and packing our midfield with the defensive midfielders just to stop Norwich from playing. TWTD !
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:11 - Jan 6 with 2747 viewspatrickswell

If the creative midfielders could have stayed fit and we had signed Cameron Carter-Vickers, not only would I have been happy for him to stay, but I think we would be up in the Top 10 again at least.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:13 - Jan 6 with 2742 viewsSomethingBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:08 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Happy that I don't need to listen to this lout anymore. The contempt mccarthy has had for our fans was staggering. Is there a manager in the country that behaves in the same way towards his clubs fans as he does?

Literally it was all about his flawed pride. 'My way or nothing, no-one is going to tell me what to do blah blah blah'.

His anger and reaction after the Celina's goal at Burton for example. Other examples too.

He would enjoy digging at us on many occasions, even when it wasn't necessary. What did he expect? For us to be obedient and nice? Does he think he is like North Korean dictator and do what he wants? P**ck !

Oh and all these glorious draws with Norwich and packing our midfield with the defensive midfielders just to stop Norwich from playing. TWTD !

You ought to see someone about this.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:13 - Jan 6 with 2744 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:08 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Doesn't really work when the players left here since walked off to abuse yesterday though does it?

Long after Mick the same stuff is happening and being directed at someone else instead. That's where the sentiment becomes a bit hollow unfortunately. We're going to plummet if we turn on the few blokes who can do something to turn it around.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:16 - Jan 6 with 2726 viewsjaseitfc

I personally wish that George Burley stayed in 2002
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:16 - Jan 6 with 2726 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:13 - Jan 6 by SomethingBlue

You ought to see someone about this.

I don't think I do nor do I need your advices.
Login to get fewer ads

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:17 - Jan 6 with 2723 viewsPJH

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:13 - Jan 6 by Mullet

Doesn't really work when the players left here since walked off to abuse yesterday though does it?

Long after Mick the same stuff is happening and being directed at someone else instead. That's where the sentiment becomes a bit hollow unfortunately. We're going to plummet if we turn on the few blokes who can do something to turn it around.

I did not go yesterday as I am saving myself for the more important League games but were there signs of abuse yesterday?
It was a long way from Brentford.

The middle aged drunken idiots and their young followers returning to grace ITFC games is the last thing that we need.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:18 - Jan 6 with 2714 viewsMach_foreignBlue

We're plummeting anyway under the Evans regime and it was obvious for a while.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:19 - Jan 6 with 2706 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:17 - Jan 6 by PJH

I did not go yesterday as I am saving myself for the more important League games but were there signs of abuse yesterday?
It was a long way from Brentford.

The middle aged drunken idiots and their young followers returning to grace ITFC games is the last thing that we need.

People shouting at the players as they went off, walking down after them arms raised screaming stuff. All fairly silly and not many, that then turned into "Marcus Evans get out of our club" by the time I was walking out.

I mentioned it last night, Ellis Harrison's face was a picture the poor sod looked really affected by it. God knows what Bishop thought as he walked off after putting in a shift like that.

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:21 - Jan 6 with 2698 viewsMalcolmBlue

To be fair I was a staunch Mick inner even after he got the chop, I was really disheartened after he had gone, especially given the situation and him being hounded him out after years of great service and performing miracles.

No one can deny the amazing job he did given our budget and I'd go further to say his staff are immense too. TC had the ability to turn anyone into a prolific goal scorer and Dave Bowman could unearth some real gems.

But now he's gone looking back in hindsight the form really dipped under Big Mick towards the end - only 2 home wins under him in 2018 is woeful. Long gone the 2007-08 FPR days.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:23 - Jan 6 with 2687 viewsbrogansnose

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:11 - Jan 6 by patrickswell

If the creative midfielders could have stayed fit and we had signed Cameron Carter-Vickers, not only would I have been happy for him to stay, but I think we would be up in the Top 10 again at least.

Yep. I do feel that if Huws and Adeyemi had have stayed fit then MM would still be here.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:23 - Jan 6 with 2688 viewsPJH

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:19 - Jan 6 by Mullet

People shouting at the players as they went off, walking down after them arms raised screaming stuff. All fairly silly and not many, that then turned into "Marcus Evans get out of our club" by the time I was walking out.

I mentioned it last night, Ellis Harrison's face was a picture the poor sod looked really affected by it. God knows what Bishop thought as he walked off after putting in a shift like that.

I hope that it does not get to the point where Paul Lambert finds out that some ITFC followers are really not quite as wonderful as he thinks they are.
We know how it was and can be, don't want that back again.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:24 - Jan 6 with 2685 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:18 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

We're plummeting anyway under the Evans regime and it was obvious for a while.

Apart from when Mick was reversing and slowing that trend significantly and people were too entitled, stubborn or short-sighted to see it.

To say well it's happening anyway isn't the answer is it? We were told by the high and mighty indignation of that we would get and deserve "better" than MM, then it became delusional happiness at relegation fights or even relegation itself, now the true colours are slowly being glimpsed it's not acceptable.

Evans deserved that anger all along if that's how people felt, if they're only just realising it, directing it at Lambert and the players is just as disgusting and futile. It's another act of self-harm from supporters we can do without.

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:24 - Jan 6 with 2680 viewsMalcolmBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:23 - Jan 6 by brogansnose

Yep. I do feel that if Huws and Adeyemi had have stayed fit then MM would still be here.

Thing is with Evans' budget were stuck with taking punts on players who have a questionable injury record

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:25 - Jan 6 with 2677 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 14:49 - Jan 6 by sparks

Nope. It was the right decision to roll the dice, regardless of the result.

I agree, but that’s a seperate question to the OP

I would 100% prefer Mick was still here if the 2 options are that or the current predicament

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:25 - Jan 6 with 2671 viewsNo9

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 14:48 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

I’m asking because I’m interested at whether those fans who berated him at the time now realise what a good job he did.

MM's last season at ITFC
P W D L Goals
46 17 9 20 57 60 −3 60pts

Town lost more than they won & had a minus goal difference
After all the time MM was at ITFC the writing was on the wall, things were not improving
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:27 - Jan 6 with 2657 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:25 - Jan 6 by No9

MM's last season at ITFC
P W D L Goals

After all the time MM was at ITFC the writing was on the wall, things were not improving

Mick wasn't here for 46 games so you're already being dishonest again. Let alone ignoring the entire context of his final months where everything declined on all sides, it's a wonder it was allowed to just peter out as it did.

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:28 - Jan 6 with 2653 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

MM's last season at ITFC
P W D L Goals

He wasn’t here for 46 games last season so that’s wrong for a start

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:29 - Jan 6 with 2652 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I for one can’t wait until we destroy Norwich next month with our free flowing attacking football now he’s gone...

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:29 - Jan 6 with 2652 viewsMach_foreignBlue

If you dig at me yes I made a shout yesterday: 'what was that?'. It ain't an abuse as you suggest.

However there were a few people around me making some 'derogatory' shouts but I understand them. Most of the people travelled the long way and paid good money to watch this crap. Instead the effort shown by players wasn't good hence some peoples reaction.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:29 - Jan 6 with 2641 viewsPJH

MM's last season at ITFC
P W D L Goals

Well to be accurate whilst MM was here it was 42-16-8-18-50-52 -2 56pts.

A neat 1.33 points per game which keeps you well away from relegation danger.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:31 - Jan 6 with 2634 viewsAYACCA

I always liked MM, top football bloke and well respected. worked wonders saving us from relegation and getting us to the playoffs. Had he been backed like Keane and Jewell we may have been promoted or at least contending.
i've lived abroad the last 7 years and mainly watched online and when i came back to visit family. It seemed towards the end fans were very impatient with his style (except when we won).
i for one didnt want him to leave but i understand many fans wanted change. we've definitely got that.
appreciate what he achieved here, not many would have done as well as he.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:31 - Jan 6 with 2637 viewsLeoMuff

But his contempt turned out to be correct, which for me justifies his behaviour.

It has to be frustrating when your budget is relegation, you sell your best players and the funds are used to offset debt, and you unearth decent players for peanuts , yet finish top half or play offs in the main. Yet a large amount of fans say your sh1t and should be doing better.

Him and everyone in football told us he was doing a decent job, but some knew better.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024