Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? 14:45 - Jan 6 with 21704 viewsOxford_Blue

And does anyone feel that criticising him for his team’s style and performances now looks a little churlish given that with no money he got us to 7th, 6th and 12th?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:47]
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:33 - Jan 6 with 2607 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:31 - Jan 6 by LeoMuff

But his contempt turned out to be correct, which for me justifies his behaviour.

It has to be frustrating when your budget is relegation, you sell your best players and the funds are used to offset debt, and you unearth decent players for peanuts , yet finish top half or play offs in the main. Yet a large amount of fans say your sh1t and should be doing better.

Him and everyone in football told us he was doing a decent job, but some knew better.

Correct? His comments like 'the more calls for changes the less likely they will get it' had started long before people turned on him. He hated anyone questioning his decisions. Was all about him.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:33 - Jan 6 with 2606 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:29 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

If you dig at me yes I made a shout yesterday: 'what was that?'. It ain't an abuse as you suggest.

However there were a few people around me making some 'derogatory' shouts but I understand them. Most of the people travelled the long way and paid good money to watch this crap. Instead the effort shown by players wasn't good hence some peoples reaction.

If you were one of them, that's on you. I'm of the mind that whoever was shouting things like "you F*****g Prick" at someone as I walked out is in the wrong. Had I not been so pissed off I might regret not spinning on my heels. But that's academic.

I understand the reaction, the same as I did towards Mick. That doesn't make it any less unhelpful or based in stupidity.

The players were clearly upset as they walked off, who and how much is for them to say. But if you're going to turn on them now, it just shows it wasn't about McCarthy and never should have been. Evans is the constant all along.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:34 - Jan 6 with 2604 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:29 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I for one can’t wait until we destroy Norwich next month with our free flowing attacking football now he’s gone...

Where are Gleeson and Hyam then?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 15:34]
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:34 - Jan 6 with 2596 viewsSarge

No. He did a fantastic job in his first 3 seasons. The final two were dire, both in terms of results and style and it was time for him to move on. Anyone with the ability to critically look at things would understand this.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:35 - Jan 6 with 2594 viewsTrequartista

We got to 6th because a low transfer budget was not a big disadvantage before 2015 as quality players were available on free transfers. From around 2015 they weren't and our league position fell accordingly.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:36 - Jan 6 with 2588 viewsJohnny_Boy

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:24 - Jan 6 by Mullet

Apart from when Mick was reversing and slowing that trend significantly and people were too entitled, stubborn or short-sighted to see it.

To say well it's happening anyway isn't the answer is it? We were told by the high and mighty indignation of that we would get and deserve "better" than MM, then it became delusional happiness at relegation fights or even relegation itself, now the true colours are slowly being glimpsed it's not acceptable.

Evans deserved that anger all along if that's how people felt, if they're only just realising it, directing it at Lambert and the players is just as disgusting and futile. It's another act of self-harm from supporters we can do without.

Sorry. Can't bite my lip anymore.

Mick was just as much of the problem as Evans.

Had he dared to openly criticise Evans' lack of funding, the fans might have cut him more slack.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 15:37]
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:42 - Jan 6 with 2570 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:33 - Jan 6 by Mullet

If you were one of them, that's on you. I'm of the mind that whoever was shouting things like "you F*****g Prick" at someone as I walked out is in the wrong. Had I not been so pissed off I might regret not spinning on my heels. But that's academic.

I understand the reaction, the same as I did towards Mick. That doesn't make it any less unhelpful or based in stupidity.

The players were clearly upset as they walked off, who and how much is for them to say. But if you're going to turn on them now, it just shows it wasn't about McCarthy and never should have been. Evans is the constant all along.

I'm repeating my words were : 'what was that?' The person next to me shouted: 'where was the passion'?

Heard shouts like 'f*** prick' from others. Yes out of order from some.

Yep, the players looked upset. Keane particularly seemed baffled as he's had to deal with things like that 5 minutes after joining us.

As for the past yes it was about mccarthy and his attitude as some of his digs weren't necessary.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:42 - Jan 6 with 2565 viewsKeaneish

Definitely not. Love PL’s approach to the game, his honesty and respect for the fan base.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:43 - Jan 6 with 2563 viewsLeoMuff

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:33 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Correct? His comments like 'the more calls for changes the less likely they will get it' had started long before people turned on him. He hated anyone questioning his decisions. Was all about him.

But what happened since has shown he was correct with his decisions. So the contempt shown to those who gave him abuse was correct.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:44 - Jan 6 with 2560 viewsSwn98

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:33 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Your Deluded
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:45 - Jan 6 with 2555 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:36 - Jan 6 by Johnny_Boy

Had he dared to openly criticise Evans' lack of funding, the fans might have cut him more slack.

Odd to see you return now it has to be said.

Why bite your lip for so long after Mick? Seems to personify exactly what I 'm talking about.

Why should Mick criticise Evans when you boys didn't? Where were your "Evans is a paedo" types, and working back from there?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:47 - Jan 6 with 2541 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:42 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'm repeating my words were : 'what was that?' The person next to me shouted: 'where was the passion'?

Heard shouts like 'f*** prick' from others. Yes out of order from some.

Yep, the players looked upset. Keane particularly seemed baffled as he's had to deal with things like that 5 minutes after joining us.

As for the past yes it was about mccarthy and his attitude as some of his digs weren't necessary.

Then it's pretty clear I was neither making a dig at you, or was wrong to suggest there was abuse.

I'd say if you provoked him, then they were justified. Necessary is a matter of opinion, but if you can't take it back you should never ever give it.

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:47 - Jan 6 with 2537 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:34 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Where are Gleeson and Hyam then?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 15:34]

Haha you what?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:48 - Jan 6 with 2527 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:42 - Jan 6 by Keaneish

Definitely not. Love PL’s approach to the game, his honesty and respect for the fan base.

😂

You need help, sunshine. (n/t) on 15:50 - Jan 6 with 2522 viewsBloots

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:08 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Happy that I don't need to listen to this lout anymore. The contempt mccarthy has had for our fans was staggering. Is there a manager in the country that behaves in the same way towards his clubs fans as he does?

Yes, happy without him despite all this pain we have to endure this season.

Literally it was all about his flawed pride. 'My way or nothing, no-one is going to tell me what to do blah blah blah'.

His anger and reaction after the Celina's goal at Burton for example. Other examples too.

He would enjoy digging at us on many occasions, even when it wasn't necessary. What did he expect? For us to be obedient and nice? Does he think he is like North Korean dictator and do what he wants? P**ck !

Oh and all these glorious draws with Norwich and packing our midfield with the defensive midfielders just to stop Norwich from playing. TWTD !

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:52 - Jan 6 with 2525 viewsReuser_is_God

Parting ways with MM was the correct thing to do.

The subsequent mistakes doesn’t then make that a mistake also.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:53 - Jan 6 with 2509 viewsJohnny_Boy

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:45 - Jan 6 by Mullet

Odd to see you return now it has to be said.

Why bite your lip for so long after Mick? Seems to personify exactly what I 'm talking about.

Why should Mick criticise Evans when you boys didn't? Where were your "Evans is a paedo" types, and working back from there?

You do talk some utter tosh sometimes.

Mick made it personally untenable for himself to stay. Childish petulance got in the way.
Like it always did at every football club he's left in a cloud.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:53 - Jan 6 with 2506 viewsLeoMuff

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:36 - Jan 6 by Johnny_Boy

But Mick got in decent players for the championship on budget. It’s a joke to say Mick was a problem, he had us massively over performing compared to the other 5 managers under ME, 1 of which was given play off wages and budgets.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 15:59]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:54 - Jan 6 with 2502 viewsJ4ck22

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:54 - Jan 6 with 2501 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:53 - Jan 6 by Johnny_Boy

Mick made it personally untenable for himself to stay. Childish petulance got in the way.

Like I say. Odd you disappeared in the aftermath after all the sh1t you gave people on here, myself included.

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:55 - Jan 6 with 2494 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:53 - Jan 6 by Johnny_Boy

What other clubs has he left in a cloud?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:55 - Jan 6 with 2488 viewsJohnny_Boy

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:44 - Jan 6 by Swn98

Your Deluded

You're
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:02 - Jan 6 with 2457 viewsmrshallisfit

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 14:48 - Jan 6 by billlm

No, even this turmoil is better than boring Mick and his football,

Really????
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:02 - Jan 6 with 2458 viewsJohnny_Boy

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:54 - Jan 6 by Mullet

Like I say. Odd you disappeared in the aftermath after all the sh1t you gave people on here, myself included.

Oh - I've been here, don't you worry. But work & life commitments take precedence.

In fact, I'm surprised you've been on here as much as you have been.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 16:18]
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:02 - Jan 6 with 2456 viewsFtnfwest

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:31 - Jan 6 by LeoMuff

But his contempt turned out to be correct, which for me justifies his behaviour.

It has to be frustrating when your budget is relegation, you sell your best players and the funds are used to offset debt, and you unearth decent players for peanuts , yet finish top half or play offs in the main. Yet a large amount of fans say your sh1t and should be doing better.

Him and everyone in football told us he was doing a decent job, but some knew better.

Him and everyone in football told us to shut up and be happy with our place in the footballing world (although our place wasn’t the issue it was the way we were achieving it). Fans of every club in the country seem to have the right to dream of something better apart from us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024