Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? 14:45 - Jan 6 with 21701 viewsOxford_Blue

And does anyone feel that criticising him for his team’s style and performances now looks a little churlish given that with no money he got us to 7th, 6th and 12th?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:47]
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:18 - Jan 6 with 793 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 20:41 - Jan 6 by Mullet

That clearly hasn't happened though has it. Seems you're a bit embarrassed by it hence the justifying of it and attempt to manufacture some sort of "dig" narrative. I'd happily have come on here and called you out if that's how it was.

You seem to have lost your temper two or three times on here now.

"Fck them"? "Pampered"? There is a middle ground. A sensible more constructive one. If you want to shout stuff at them and make them regret being here as we go down that's fine, but at the minute you were part of a minority.

Growing that minority against the players instead of ducking the real issue of the owner is stupid beyond belief. Lambert didn't scream "where's [their] passion?" down the camera or swear at them etc though.

You agreed those being abusive were wrong, now you're flip-flopping on that. Which actually is it?

Hasn't that happened? So it is really strange why you are mentioning yesterdays events whereas this thread is about something different. We were talking about mccarthy.

I'm not flip-flopping on that so stop manufacturing. Stop making the stuff up. I've clarified my stance. Not my problem if you don't get it.

All your 'educating' here today because I said some things about mccarthy. He is an p****. You have a different opinion about him and again this is your opinion whereas myself and some others is different.

'Real issue of the owner'? Nowadays you claim that Evans is the problem. It took you 2-3 years to realise that. Well, better late than never. I remember you shouting me down when I was questioning Evans' policy a few years ago. I was afraid that would lead to the disaster. You and others had been shouting me down (not only me though) over my worries like lack of investment and ambition. All of sudden you have realised his policy is the problem but as I have said better late than never.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:24 - Jan 6 with 774 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:18 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Hasn't that happened? So it is really strange why you are mentioning yesterdays events whereas this thread is about something different. We were talking about mccarthy.

I'm not flip-flopping on that so stop manufacturing. Stop making the stuff up. I've clarified my stance. Not my problem if you don't get it.

All your 'educating' here today because I said some things about mccarthy. He is an p****. You have a different opinion about him and again this is your opinion whereas myself and some others is different.

'Real issue of the owner'? Nowadays you claim that Evans is the problem. It took you 2-3 years to realise that. Well, better late than never. I remember you shouting me down when I was questioning Evans' policy a few years ago. I was afraid that would lead to the disaster. You and others had been shouting me down (not only me though) over my worries like lack of investment and ambition. All of sudden you have realised his policy is the problem but as I have said better late than never.

How is the discontent of yesterday and previous not directly linked or comparable to yours under Mick?

You're making very little sense, hence why maybe I don't "get it". The fact you continue to abuse the bloke even now, is precisely what's being discussed.

I've always had reservations about Evans, some more pressing than others, and always been aware of the good he has done or tried to do. But this seems to be the key difference, my position has barely changed beyond the circumstances yet it is up for question it seems.

Your calls for "ambition" over quality or strategy are why people get shot down. That and the manner in which they are delivered. Being more "angry" doesn't make any of you more right.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:34 - Jan 6 with 760 viewsOxford_Blue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:18 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

If I may comment here on your post - you have addressed one of the things in my opening post that I was interested in.

I get the point that people like you don’t like MM. I can see that he was confrontational at times and reacted to things negatively.

But my point really was about what he nevertheless achieved under very difficult conditions. He had very little money, saw his best players sold, and yet made us competitive and finished 12th last season. From the current car crash, that looks like a major achievement.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:45 - Jan 6 with 744 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:24 - Jan 6 by Mullet

How is the discontent of yesterday and previous not directly linked or comparable to yours under Mick?

You're making very little sense, hence why maybe I don't "get it". The fact you continue to abuse the bloke even now, is precisely what's being discussed.

I've always had reservations about Evans, some more pressing than others, and always been aware of the good he has done or tried to do. But this seems to be the key difference, my position has barely changed beyond the circumstances yet it is up for question it seems.

Your calls for "ambition" over quality or strategy are why people get shot down. That and the manner in which they are delivered. Being more "angry" doesn't make any of you more right.

Once again. This is a thread about mccarthy. Not about yesterday. I have put my views about him and you are adding yesterdays events to the 'discussion'. Just because you didn't like my view doesn't mean you can have a go at me. I cannot stand him and this is my stance so don't lecture me and give me wisdoms about him.

You always reservations about Evans? You never said so beforehand. You could have done so instead of laying into people. Easy to say now 'I have always had reservations'.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:49 - Jan 6 with 737 viewskeighleyblue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 19:23 - Jan 6 by Bluebell

Not read the whole thread but once again I was embarrassed by some of the idiots calling themselves ‘fans’ yesterday. Aren’t we supposed to get behind the players to encourage them.

We had some brainless moron sitting in front of us who must have mentioned Nolan’ a name about 50 times. Even when Nolan was nowhere near the ball he was shouting abuse. Bearing in mind the players were so near to us they could hear everything most people said is it any wonder they looked upset as the walked off?

the same idiots that were booing the team off at HT I expect. Like we should have been 5-0 up or something, given our current position as championship world beaters
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:50 - Jan 6 with 735 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:45 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Once again. This is a thread about mccarthy. Not about yesterday. I have put my views about him and you are adding yesterdays events to the 'discussion'. Just because you didn't like my view doesn't mean you can have a go at me. I cannot stand him and this is my stance so don't lecture me and give me wisdoms about him.

You always reservations about Evans? You never said so beforehand. You could have done so instead of laying into people. Easy to say now 'I have always had reservations'.

Your last part is a simple lie.

Given I was so pro Jim and appalled at his sacking you've got to be about a decade or so out.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:51 - Jan 6 with 731 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:34 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

If I may comment here on your post - you have addressed one of the things in my opening post that I was interested in.

I get the point that people like you don’t like MM. I can see that he was confrontational at times and reacted to things negatively.

But my point really was about what he nevertheless achieved under very difficult conditions. He had very little money, saw his best players sold, and yet made us competitive and finished 12th last season. From the current car crash, that looks like a major achievement.

Very difficult conditions? Yes we know that but that doesn't entitle him to abuse our fans and calls us names. Obviously I don't defend our fans for some actions (Brentford away for example) but the respect ought to be mutual.

His approach to the games was really annoying but league position last season wasn't bad given the clubs policy indeed.

But why didn't he seem open to put a pressure on Evans? Were there a real discontent from him following Murphys sale and replacing that with Best? No just lets get on with that.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:57 - Jan 6 with 716 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:50 - Jan 6 by Mullet

Your last part is a simple lie.

Given I was so pro Jim and appalled at his sacking you've got to be about a decade or so out.

Simple lie? What I remember is you attacking me over anti-Evans views particularly after what happened after the Mings' sale. I was really unhappy with the lack of re-investment and had to deal with some jibes aimed at me. Not only me though.

mccarthy is so toxic. The way he has divided our fanbase is staggering.
Login to get fewer ads

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 22:03 - Jan 6 with 703 viewsOxford_Blue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 21:51 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Very difficult conditions? Yes we know that but that doesn't entitle him to abuse our fans and calls us names. Obviously I don't defend our fans for some actions (Brentford away for example) but the respect ought to be mutual.

His approach to the games was really annoying but league position last season wasn't bad given the clubs policy indeed.

But why didn't he seem open to put a pressure on Evans? Were there a real discontent from him following Murphys sale and replacing that with Best? No just lets get on with that.

The fans’ behaviour towards MM was far worse in terms of content and frequency.

Why should he also have to ensure it? Some fans take the view that they are free to abuse as much as they like, but when the manager responds they can’t cope and complain.

I can understand why he was frustrated. He was over performing with very limited resources and getting pretty good results yet little appreciation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024