Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Group vs. Evans 22:05 - Jan 6 with 1987 viewsFifeITFC

This might seem either a dumb or unlikely idea, but has anyone thought about forming a vocal, but well structured group of people and see if Evans would be open to a meeting with them to voice the majority's concerns, questions etc and see if they can guage some of opinion of Evans' standpoint and intentions right now?

I don't mean go in and yell at him or anything, but have a sensible conversation where supporter's opinions can be put across in a civilised way.

Would that be possible or work?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:08 - Jan 6 with 1963 viewsMrTown

Really? One scripted interview in 10 years, a time when fans are probably most riled up, he’ll go and hide on a Carribean Island for 4 months. He doesn’t care about the club.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:12 - Jan 6 with 1951 viewsKeaneish

Yeah, thought of that. Got shot down by the TWTD illuminati some time ago.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:13 - Jan 6 with 1958 viewsgtsb

Evans is a successful businessman who has succeeded in life. He is undoubtedly peed off that his Ipswich plan has failed massively and cost him millions. He is probably more asset rich than cash rich and therefore just making up the shortfall each year is probably a big outlay. Unless he can sell the club, which he can't, then we should be grateful he keeps us afloat in my opinion. I think he knows how the fans feel but with the financial constraints there is not a lot anyone can do.
Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:19 - Jan 6 with 1919 viewsfactual_blue

A bit like a supporters' club you mean?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:21 - Jan 6 with 1910 viewsjeera

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:19 - Jan 6 by factual_blue

A bit like a supporters' club you mean?

Where would one of those be found?

I have wondered what they have to say at the moment.

Maybe it's been posted on here but I've missed it.

In fact, it's probably all over the front page and I have missed it. I shall go look.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:50 - Jan 6 with 1843 viewsOxford_Blue

Sorry to pour cold water on it. But it will go like this:

Supporters: “we think the club needs about £20-30m a year invested to make it competitive ”

Evans: “yes so do I. Are you going to invest the money?”

Supporters: “no we don’t have it. We want you to.”

Evans: “I’m already pitting £6/10m in a season just to keep the club going. I’m not going to put in£20-30m. It’s my money and my decision”

Supporters: “but please please please”

Evans: “no”

Supporters: “so are you going to sell the club?”

Evans: “Yes, tomorrow if I can, but only to someone with the club’s interests at heart”.

Supporters: “oh right. Well that’s that then”.
Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:51 - Jan 6 with 1839 viewsOxford_Blue

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:13 - Jan 6 by gtsb

Evans is a successful businessman who has succeeded in life. He is undoubtedly peed off that his Ipswich plan has failed massively and cost him millions. He is probably more asset rich than cash rich and therefore just making up the shortfall each year is probably a big outlay. Unless he can sell the club, which he can't, then we should be grateful he keeps us afloat in my opinion. I think he knows how the fans feel but with the financial constraints there is not a lot anyone can do.

Hit the nail on the head
Supporters Group vs. Evans on 23:01 - Jan 6 with 1823 viewsGuthrum

Given Evans' children are (according to him) big fans of the club, that's probably a pretty good conduit for supporters' feelings to reach the owner.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 23:02 - Jan 6 with 1818 viewsDavland

I would think he knows what's going on and doesn't need to be told.. he either hasn't got the resources to, doesn't know how or doesn't want to do anything about it
Supporters Group vs. Evans on 23:04 - Jan 6 with 1816 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think Evans would sell in a heart beat if the right buyer came along.

I dont think a supporters group will have any impact.

I suspect ME regrets ever buying the club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 23:20 - Jan 6 with 1780 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:50 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

Supporters: “we think the club needs about £20-30m a year invested to make it competitive ”

Evans: “I’m already pitting £6/10m in a season just to keep the club going. I’m not going to put in£20-30m. It’s my money and my decision”

Evans: “Yes, tomorrow if I can, but only to someone with the club’s interests at heart”.

Hasn’t he said this?

So we are we’re we are.

Groundhog Day until we find a team that doesn’t make mistakes, gets some confidence and put the ball in the net.
Supporters Group vs. Evans on 23:32 - Jan 6 with 1757 viewsHARRY10

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 22:50 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

"I’m already pitting £6/10m in a season just to keep the club going"

ha ha ha, that is priceless

No wonder Evans is able to 'get away with it'.
Supporters Group vs. Evans on 09:04 - Jan 7 with 1662 viewsRegencyBlue

The question regarding the sale of the club surely comes down to what he's asking for it?

Other club owners have managed to find buyers but have had to write off existing debts etc to do it. I've heard rumours he wants £25 million for the club but whether thats true or not who knows and what were his proposals regarding the debt in all of that?

He's already syphoned off the training ground to one of his other companies so is that to be included in any proposed deal or not?

I'm sure he does want to get out but my fear is he thinks he can still recoup some of his money when in reality he's going to have to virtually give the club away.
Supporters Group vs. Evans on 09:09 - Jan 7 with 1643 viewsSteve_M

Do you think the question hasn't been asked? Evans won't even talk to the EADT.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 09:18 - Jan 7 with 1625 viewsfooters

Supporters Group vs. Evans on 09:09 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

Do you think the question hasn't been asked? Evans won't even talk to the EADT.

And some bright sparks on here have been talking about flooding the ME Group site with emails. Because the best way to get Evans to sell is by annoying the feck out of some poor receptionist somewhere who probably doesn't know what ITFC is!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024