Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, which players are up for the chop? 22:56 - Jan 6 with 4436 viewslegal_blue

Striking change of tone from PL after Accrington. He was very softly, softly when he arrived, gentle encouragement, never a bad word (in public about anyone).

Now it's: 'players will go'.

So, who's off, and why?
So, which players are up for the chop? on 22:58 - Jan 6 with 4420 viewsKieran_Knows

From that starting 11 yesterday;
Bart
Spence
Pennington
Nolan
Edwards

Why? Because they’re sh*t.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So, which players are up for the chop? on 22:58 - Jan 6 with 4418 viewsDavland

He was very clear that we need to be more clinical in both boxes before he made those comments... I would think Jackson, Roberts and Sears (how many more opportunities does the guy need!) are likely and Spence for sure. Maybe Nolan...
So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:00 - Jan 6 with 4385 viewsDavland

So, which players are up for the chop? on 22:58 - Jan 6 by Kieran_Knows

Bart
Spence
Pennington
Nolan
Edwards

I do think Bart may well go, expensive and just not the same player.. would fund some replacements.. or line ME pockets
So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:02 - Jan 6 with 4362 viewsbluesym

Bart
Spence
Pennington
Nolan
Edwards

You can add Sears to that list

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:03 - Jan 6 with 4357 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:00 - Jan 6 by Davland

I do think Bart may well go, expensive and just not the same player.. would fund some replacements.. or line ME pockets

I doubt Bart going would fund anything.

His form means that he wont command a high fee, and his wages mean we would probably end up paying him off.

Selling Bart aint gonna help our finances.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:20 - Jan 6 with 4270 viewsronnyblue

Bart
Spence
Pennington
Nolan
Edwards

Add nsiala and jackson ! Could also consider donacien as it appears lambert , who had him before, does not rate him .
So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:21 - Jan 6 with 4257 viewsrfretwell

So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:03 - Jan 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

I doubt Bart going would fund anything.

His form means that he wont command a high fee, and his wages mean we would probably end up paying him off.

Selling Bart aint gonna help our finances.

Add Donacian to that list.No point him being at the club. P L obviously doesn't rate him.
So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:26 - Jan 6 with 4230 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:20 - Jan 6 by ronnyblue

Add nsiala and jackson ! Could also consider donacien as it appears lambert , who had him before, does not rate him .

Nsiala played well against a.s

Bart will be to expensive for league 1.
Maybe we could loan him out for a season to get rid of wages.
If plays well then value increases???
Login to get fewer ads

So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:29 - Jan 6 with 4209 viewsHARRY10

It cannot be down to one 'bad' game either.

Lambert will have seen that it is the same players making mistakes time after time, and the same players who don't seem fully committed either.

The same names crop up on here so if fans can see then Lambert who watches them in training will be well aware of who the deadwood are.

For my mind it would have to be Spence, Pennington and Sears at the minimum.
So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:29 - Jan 6 with 4208 viewstractorboy1978

Need to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water here. We are very likely to be in L1 next season. Nsiala and Jackson can clearly do more than a job at that level. Nolan was one of, if not the best midfielder in L1 last season.
So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:38 - Jan 6 with 4163 viewsGarv

Why Nsiala?

You have a case for Jackson but he's even then he has at the very least shown predatory instincts so in theory would be worth having next season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So, which players are up for the chop? on 23:45 - Jan 6 with 4133 viewsEly_Blue

Bart
Spence
Pennington
Nolan
Edwards

What baffles me is how according to the player ratings on this site Bart was motm yesterday. If Gerken hadn’t come for the cross for the goal, or the header back across goal, or indeed saved the final header then he would be the worst keeer the league has ever seen. But because it was their darling Bart in goal then it was Spence or Pennington at fault

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So, which players are up for the chop? on 01:17 - Jan 7 with 3985 viewsMrTown

The squad for the chop:
Bartosz
Spence
Donacien
Nsiala
Pennington
Knudsen
Nolan
Rowe
Adeyemi
Jackson
Roberts
Ward

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So, which players are up for the chop? on 08:02 - Jan 7 with 3757 viewsSporall

Phil seems to have little to say on the subject, unless I've missed it.
So, which players are up for the chop? on 09:20 - Jan 7 with 3599 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Bart
Spence
Pennington
Nolan
Edwards

Pennington is an odd one. Started so brightly but has been at mistake for so many goals lately. Lost his man *AGAIN* for the goal yesterday.

I would personally keep Nolan from this list, but the rest can go.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

So, which players are up for the chop? on 09:24 - Jan 7 with 3574 viewsOsborneOneNil

So, which players are up for the chop? on 09:20 - Jan 7 by JammyDodgerrr

Pennington is an odd one. Started so brightly but has been at mistake for so many goals lately. Lost his man *AGAIN* for the goal yesterday.

I would personally keep Nolan from this list, but the rest can go.

Sad to see how far Edwards has fallen off
So, which players are up for the chop? on 09:25 - Jan 7 with 3571 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Club needs to be rebuilt"

6 months after the last rebuild.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, which players are up for the chop? on 10:00 - Jan 7 with 3471 viewsGooders7592

Spence - mistake after mistake after mistake
Nolan - not on the level of players such as Bishop, Downes, Dozzell & Huws
Jackson/Harrison (one of) - if we're targeting another striker makes no sense to keep both around
Pennington - like Spence. Makes a lot of mistakes but gets away with it because Spence makes more
Edwards/Sears - if we can bring a wide man in, I think one of these will go.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 10:01]
So, which players are up for the chop? on 10:17 - Jan 7 with 3391 viewsNo9

You would think everyone over 30
even tho' that will mean a new skipper & GK

So, a proper re-build job
So, which players are up for the chop? on 10:22 - Jan 7 with 3360 viewsDanTheMan

So, which players are up for the chop? on 09:25 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

Live scenes of Evans getting his man this summer:

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So, which players are up for the chop? on 10:29 - Jan 7 with 3329 viewsWallingford_Boy

To be honest, very few of the squad are good enough.

Some of the kids show plenty of promise, but of the senior pros, other than Skuse, not many are really at Championship level.

Sears is having his best ever season for us, but isn't great, Huws when he is back possibly, Pennington is solid, but prone to errors.

It ain't great!

RIP Sir Bobby

So, which players are up for the chop? on 10:46 - Jan 7 with 3283 viewsZedRodgers

To be fair, Nsiala came in (for the first time under PL?) and actually looked reasonably competent.

Admittedly, this might have been amplified by the shambles we saw from most other players on Saturday. I think him, Teddy and maybe Elder were the only two that could have honestly said they played 'okay'.

Not sure what's happened to Edwards, but Saturday was an absolutely atrocious performance from him. Every single touch/pass was awful. Something you wouldn't be aware of from just watching the highlights.

Would also happily send Pennington back for an alternative if there's an option. He can make it through 90% of a game doing his job to the standard required and even turn out a good performance occasionally, but there really have been far too many calamitous mistakes from him now.

For me, areas of immediate concern that should be high priority this week are:
RB
CB
CM
AML/R
CF

I do think we could do with a real goalscorer ideally, but 'd be happy with just one wide player coming in. One of a Pilkington or Quaner type would be enough for me - I think there are other areas in which we are much, much weaker. I don't see a problem with leaving room for Lankester to play a part. He certainly seems to have the desire which many others are lacking at the moment.

No, not at the moment

So, which players are up for the chop? on 10:58 - Jan 7 with 3247 viewsDubtractor

So, which players are up for the chop? on 09:25 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

A fortnight ago we weren't far off being "A very very good team".

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So, which players are up for the chop? on 10:59 - Jan 7 with 3242 viewsDeano69

Easier to list who is staying??

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024