Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. 15:32 - Jan 7 with 934 viewsLeagueOne

I would like to see some commitment to Paul Lambert and a long term plan developed for getting ourselves out of League One, becoming competitive in cups included the EFL Trophy and a total re-engagement with the fan base by accepting things have gone wrong but being prepared to change. Let's fill the ground up next season by offering cheap season tickets, lets stop this yearly shirt change madness, and lets give the ground a lick of paint and a tidy up.

We clearly have some great players being developed, so with the right players coming in we should be able to strike a competitive balance in League One but if we continue as we are selling players every summer, trimming the fat and bringing players relatively cheaply we will continue to struggle and he's going to lose even more money.

If he really isn't committed to remaining here behind the scenes I think it's unfair to leave the club in such a state and would be best if he did sell up. EIther way he's going to lose money.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:34 - Jan 7 with 921 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

In your world how does stopping the yearly shirt change madness (denying the club a large guaranteed sum in merchandise) and selling cheap season tickets (denying the club a larger and most vital source of revenue) allow us to then go out and get the right players without doing so cheaply?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:35 - Jan 7 with 910 viewsMrTown

Very good post, and agree with all, but this is Marcus Evans, he's not really that bothered about giving the ground a lick of paint or filling Portman Road at cheaper prices.

Some real talents being produced on the production line, as many consistently as I can remember, but this is the first "batch" and all still very young. 5/10 years we will have seasoned pros from the academy blending in with the new mould.

Well the ones that haven't been sold.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:42 - Jan 7 with 894 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:35 - Jan 7 by MrTown

Very good post, and agree with all, but this is Marcus Evans, he's not really that bothered about giving the ground a lick of paint or filling Portman Road at cheaper prices.

Some real talents being produced on the production line, as many consistently as I can remember, but this is the first "batch" and all still very young. 5/10 years we will have seasoned pros from the academy blending in with the new mould.

Well the ones that haven't been sold.

The plan, if there was one, and which wouldn't be a bad one, would presumably to be like Peterborough.

Sell the likes of Dozzell, Lankester etc fro £2m, £3m and so on and then reinvest that in lower league players, like they have with Godden and they have in the past with the likes of McLean or picking up the likes of Assombalonga.

Hurst's idea wasn't a bad one if you added Jackson, Edwards or Nolan into last years team. It was just madness to have 5/6 untried players at Championship level all thrown in to what was going to be your 'best' team.

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:44 - Jan 7 with 891 viewsBrianTablet

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:34 - Jan 7 by WarkTheWarkITFC

In your world how does stopping the yearly shirt change madness (denying the club a large guaranteed sum in merchandise) and selling cheap season tickets (denying the club a larger and most vital source of revenue) allow us to then go out and get the right players without doing so cheaply?

Because it helps arrest the long-term decline of the club in its standing amongst the local community and the subsequent disenchantment amongst fans which is leading to the ITFC we knew and loved spiralling into a void?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 15:48]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:45 - Jan 7 with 882 viewschicoazul

What i'd like is for him to sell, take the hit, and leave & never come back.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:45 - Jan 7 with 880 viewsPique

But we already have the Five Point Plan...

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:51 - Jan 7 with 849 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What i'd like from Marcus Evans.. on 15:44 - Jan 7 by BrianTablet

Because it helps arrest the long-term decline of the club in its standing amongst the local community and the subsequent disenchantment amongst fans which is leading to the ITFC we knew and loved spiralling into a void?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 15:48]

He gave Mick £150,000 and Chaplow on loan when we were top of the league, he has given Lambert, thus far, a youngster and a striker with a worse strike rate than his centre half twin brother.

Why do people think we'd lose £7m next year on top of the £6m Evans puts in and he would then decide to lose another couple of million to please the fans.

If he was interested in pleasing the fans he'd have let Mick invest to please the fans and get him £100m from the Premier League or he'd please the fans by letting Lambert invest and possibly keep us up and stop him haemorrhaging more money.

I don't think he's particularly interested in his standing in the local community, just hoping naively for miracles on the cheap.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024