Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
proud brexiters 16:28 - Jan 7 with 1657 viewsTonyj

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/anna-soubry-drowned-out-by-nazi-taunts-

proud brexiters on 16:32 - Jan 7 with 1632 viewsElderGrizzly

I can't stand Owen Jones, but this was pretty bad too.

I can see someone else being killed fairly soon given this level of intimidation/threat.

proud brexiters on 16:35 - Jan 7 with 1609 viewswkj

proud brexiters on 16:32 - Jan 7 by ElderGrizzly

I can see someone else being killed fairly soon given this level of intimidation/threat.

Without question - The government strategy of win by divide has caused fatality in the USA already, only a matter of time before someone thinks being by the grace of god- or indeed protecting justice for all- means "taking one for the team" and committing a serious crime for the cause.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 16:36]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

proud brexiters on 16:37 - Jan 7 with 1586 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Let's talk about Corbyn and the IRA and Hezbollah" - it's Glassers!!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

proud brexiters on 16:48 - Jan 7 with 1544 viewsBraveDave

proud brexiters on 16:35 - Jan 7 by wkj

Without question - The government strategy of win by divide has caused fatality in the USA already, only a matter of time before someone thinks being by the grace of god- or indeed protecting justice for all- means "taking one for the team" and committing a serious crime for the cause.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 16:36]

Put to one side government strategy, and instead look at how the media deliberately refer to 'the enemy within' and 'traitors of the people' to see how easy it is to mobilise a mass of people to a common cause, a common 'enemy', parroting slogans that mean nothing, shouting phrases like 'fake news' without ever having to justify or prove their point.

It's all around. If people can scream Nazi, fake news, Communist, Traitor without anyone calling them out, then this country will go the way of the USA - where the scientific truth can be dismissed with a simple unchallenged tweet. If people are ready to blame 'people not like us' for the troubles in the world, then the government have a vested interest in not disputing that. Listen to the debate, and how easy it is to say things that a few years ago would have been rightly challenged. Brexit (forgetting the rights and wrongs of it) has brought out the worst of Britain and I'm not sure how it can now be reversed.
proud brexiters on 16:53 - Jan 7 with 1519 viewsm14_blue

proud brexiters on 16:48 - Jan 7 by BraveDave

Put to one side government strategy, and instead look at how the media deliberately refer to 'the enemy within' and 'traitors of the people' to see how easy it is to mobilise a mass of people to a common cause, a common 'enemy', parroting slogans that mean nothing, shouting phrases like 'fake news' without ever having to justify or prove their point.

It's all around. If people can scream Nazi, fake news, Communist, Traitor without anyone calling them out, then this country will go the way of the USA - where the scientific truth can be dismissed with a simple unchallenged tweet. If people are ready to blame 'people not like us' for the troubles in the world, then the government have a vested interest in not disputing that. Listen to the debate, and how easy it is to say things that a few years ago would have been rightly challenged. Brexit (forgetting the rights and wrongs of it) has brought out the worst of Britain and I'm not sure how it can now be reversed.

Super post.

I’m genuinely worried, we seem to be entering a new dark age of ignorance.
proud brexiters on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 1511 viewsSwansea_Blue

proud brexiters on 16:53 - Jan 7 by m14_blue

Super post.

I’m genuinely worried, we seem to be entering a new dark age of ignorance.

That's the great irony isn't it. Having greater access to information via the interweb is seemingly making us more stupid.

proud brexiters on 17:06 - Jan 7 with 1488 viewswkj

proud brexiters on 16:48 - Jan 7 by BraveDave

You've managed to eloquently state something I have struggled to put into words for years- but utterly agree with.

To expand upon this, what do you feel about the way people have flocked to be part of a group one side of the argument or the other? Do you think people being in a large group can feel safer to scream Nazi, Fake News etc etc; because they know a large amount of people will agree with them blindly?

Crybaby

proud brexiters on 17:10 - Jan 7 with 1468 viewshomer_123

proud brexiters on 16:56 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

That's the great irony isn't it. Having greater access to information via the interweb is seemingly making us more stupid.

Just a small amend to your post if you don't mind.

That's the great irony isn't it. Having greater access to information via the interweb is seemingly making us more lazy.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

proud brexiters on 17:11 - Jan 7 with 1467 viewswkj

proud brexiters on 17:10 - Jan 7 by homer_123

That's the great irony isn't it. Having greater access to information via the interweb is seemingly making us more lazy.

That's the great irony isn't it. Having greater access to information via the interweb is seemingly making us more pedantic.

Crybaby

proud brexiters on 17:13 - Jan 7 with 1464 viewshomer_123

proud brexiters on 17:11 - Jan 7 by wkj

That's the great irony isn't it. Having greater access to information via the interweb is seemingly making us more pedantic.

I wasn't being a pedant.

It's not that people have become more stupid - they've become lazier.

proud brexiters on 17:18 - Jan 7 with 1445 viewswkj

proud brexiters on 17:13 - Jan 7 by homer_123

I wasn't being a pedant.

It's not that people have become more stupid - they've become lazier.

A mini woosh here, and an apology from me that my post didn't come over as I intended.

I was not trying to imply you was being pedantic, but rather acknowledging the many frivolous arguments that occur on here, and the wider internet, about seemingly innocuous things at times.

Crybaby

proud brexiters on 17:19 - Jan 7 with 1443 viewsSwansea_Blue

proud brexiters on 17:10 - Jan 7 by homer_123

I can't be arsed to reply to that
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 17:20]

proud brexiters on 17:21 - Jan 7 with 1435 viewswkj

proud brexiters on 17:19 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

I can't be arsed to reply to that
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 17:20]

I doubt you're intelligent enough to reply to it either*

* Hi whoever is reading this, just thought I would warn you this post comes with a woosh potential - you have been warned.

Crybaby

proud brexiters on 17:36 - Jan 7 with 1408 viewsfactual_blue

No, no, no - Jo Cox was killed by mentally ill person, and it was nothing to do with brexit.

TWTD's top swerver said so.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

proud brexiters on 17:54 - Jan 7 with 1371 viewschicoazul

proud brexiters on 16:56 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

There have always been loads of stupid people, it just so happens that now they all have camera phones and some of them are being taken advantage of by people like the Koch brothers.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

proud brexiters on 18:28 - Jan 7 with 1323 viewshomer_123

proud brexiters on 17:18 - Jan 7 by wkj

A mini woosh here, and an apology from me that my post didn't come over as I intended.

I was not trying to imply you was being pedantic, but rather acknowledging the many frivolous arguments that occur on here, and the wider internet, about seemingly innocuous things at times.

Mini whoosh accepted in the manner it was intended!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 18:34]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024