Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop 20:26 - Jan 7 with 10941 viewsyorkshire

Offer him a contract now based on a good 2nd half

Wait another month or so but try and give him some games to prove his fitness

Give up on the guy and let him go free at the end of the season

If you were Lambert what would you do ?
Bishop on 20:27 - Jan 7 with 6351 viewsSitfcB

Let him go.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bishop on 20:28 - Jan 7 with 6336 viewshomer_123

Bishop on 20:27 - Jan 7 by SitfcB

Let him go.

You're kidding right?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bishop on 20:30 - Jan 7 with 6301 viewsitfcjoe

I'd offer him one now, he is a class above - keeping him fit must be a priority.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop on 20:32 - Jan 7 with 6278 viewsclive_baker

Offer him another year. If (big if based on history) he can stay fit he’ll tear up L1.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bishop on 20:33 - Jan 7 with 6269 viewsEly_Blue

Bishop on 20:30 - Jan 7 by itfcjoe

I'd offer him one now, he is a class above - keeping him fit must be a priority.

Head and shoulders above Dozzell right now

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Bishop on 20:34 - Jan 7 with 6260 viewsPJH

Bishop on 20:30 - Jan 7 by itfcjoe

Agree, we should do all we can to keep him.

If he stays fit he could become the player that it looked like he was going to become four and a half years ago.
Bishop on 20:34 - Jan 7 with 6255 viewsWD19

Offer him a contract now to call his bluff and so that when he inevitably leaves we don’t have to listen to people bleating that we let him walk away.
Bishop on 20:36 - Jan 7 with 6243 viewsjas0999

His fitness record is very poor though.
Login to get fewer ads

Bishop on 20:36 - Jan 7 with 6241 viewsSouperJim

How long until he's injured again?

Teddy Bishop will never manage more than a handful of games per season. Same as Emyr Huws. It brings me no joy to say it, but we need to move on from hanging all our hopes on these players. Doesn't matter if they have all the ability in the world when they spend nearly all their time in the treatment room.

If we offer Bishop another contract, it should be on a wage appropriate to the number of appearances he's had. He'd be better off going elsewhere.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Bishop on 20:36 - Jan 7 with 6235 viewsLeoMuff

I think it would be the final straw if we waited 3 years plus to get him fit, finally does so, leaves on a free, then sold to the prem for £10m in 2020.

That would top everything.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Bishop on 20:36 - Jan 7 with 6230 viewsJ4ck22

I'd say he's worth persevering with for another year. After his most recent injury I would have been quite happy to see him go but his performances this season have been very good so far
Bishop on 20:39 - Jan 7 with 6211 viewsBluefish

I'd give a 2 + 2 year deal right now. It will cost us about 1.5 million but he could be a 5 million pound player easily

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bishop on 20:42 - Jan 7 with 6191 viewsgordon

Bishop on 20:36 - Jan 7 by LeoMuff

I think it would be the final straw if we waited 3 years plus to get him fit, finally does so, leaves on a free, then sold to the prem for £10m in 2020.

This is definitely going to happen - I reckon somewhere like Brentford on a free in the summer, then £12million to Everton the summer after.
Bishop on 20:42 - Jan 7 with 6191 viewsitfcjoe

Bishop on 20:39 - Jan 7 by Bluefish

I'd give a 2 + 2 year deal right now. It will cost us about 1.5 million but he could be a 5 million pound player easily

£5m.....and the rest!

Totally agree with this though, I'd tie him down to a long term deal - it's a no brainer. We've wasted £750k plus wages on Donacien who clearly isn't fancied - Bishop has a much higher reward compared to risk if he stays fit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop on 20:45 - Jan 7 with 6164 viewsfabian_illness

He's so frustrating as a player. Shows some absolute class but goes missing for large chunks of the game, also has a mistake or two in him.
Tough call.
Bishop on 20:46 - Jan 7 with 6155 viewsSuperfrans

Offer him a one year extension, option for another year. Definitely.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Bishop on 20:47 - Jan 7 with 6153 viewsgordon

Bishop on 20:36 - Jan 7 by SouperJim

How long until he's injured again?

Teddy Bishop will never manage more than a handful of games per season. Same as Emyr Huws. It brings me no joy to say it, but we need to move on from hanging all our hopes on these players. Doesn't matter if they have all the ability in the world when they spend nearly all their time in the treatment room.

If we offer Bishop another contract, it should be on a wage appropriate to the number of appearances he's had. He'd be better off going elsewhere.

Not sure that's right - Huws has knee cartilage problems, which basically doesn't get better. Unless he can work out how to manage it i.e hardly train with a football, loads of ice and rehab and time in the gym to stay in condition, then I can't see him being around for much longer.

For Bishop, he's mostly had muscle problems and he's still a young man, there's no reason to believe he won't be able to get his body right with the right training regime.
Bishop on 20:53 - Jan 7 with 6114 viewsSuperfrans

Bishop on 20:36 - Jan 7 by LeoMuff

Letting him slip away now would be a crime. So many of our young players leave to make successful careers elsewhere, it’s becoming an absolute scandal.

I find it odd that, after all the fuss about Rhodes, that there is so little mention of Marriott, who looks an even better striker, with the potential to go even higher. How do we keep letting these players slip through our fingers?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Bishop on 20:54 - Jan 7 with 6111 viewsFenoit

I understand he was all set to sign of Barnsley but Town then decided to take up the additional one year.

How happy he was about this? Who knows? I guess it shows he is willing to play League One.
Bishop on 21:00 - Jan 7 with 6071 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd offer him a new deal right now. We all saw the difference when he came on at Accrington. If we go down and he plays in even half the games it's a massive boost.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bishop on 21:07 - Jan 7 with 6034 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why do you say based on a good second half? It wouldn't only be based on that.

After all this persevering with him it would be daft to give up now. And a player of his quality would be out of our reach if he wasn't already ours. I just don't see it as that much of a risk to keep him.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bishop on 21:12 - Jan 7 with 5993 viewsGluedtoBlue

Bishop shouldn't be allowed to walk away for free. No way.

2 year deal plus option to extend. Get it signed now. If we're serious about a rebuild centres around home grown players - 'the Ipswich way' then Bishop should be part of it...especially if it starts in league 1.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

SIGN HIM UP SIGN HIM UP SIGN HIM UP on 21:15 - Jan 7 with 5972 viewsDyland

etc.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bishop on 21:42 - Jan 7 with 5873 viewsBloomBlue

Bish is looking for a 3 year deal, not sure any club will offer that but that's what he wants
Bishop on 21:43 - Jan 7 with 5873 viewsRegencyBlue

Difficult in all honesty.

A fit Bishop would be a real asset but the key word there is fit! Far to many of our squad over recent times have spent inordinate amounts of time in the treatment room, including Bishop,and if we did offer him a two year contract how many games would we realistically get out of him?

A real 50/50 decision I’d say and I’m glad I don’t have to make it.

We are also assuming that Bishop would sign any contract offered. He might not fancy League 1 which is where we are heading, barring a miracle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024