Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today 08:54 - Jan 8 with 15197 viewstpsontour

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel

ANOTHER thrilling weekend for Ipswich. Having driven out Mick McCarthy last season on the grounds his football wasn't exciting enough, the adventures just keep coming.

On Saturday, Ipswich succumbed to a thrilling 1-0 FA Cup defeat at Accrington Stanley. The club is already on its second manager of the season, is 10 points shy of safety, bottom of the Championship and has won two League games all season. Owner Marcus Evans is so excited by it all, he wants to sell.

The fact is, McCarthy was doing a very creditable job in trying circumstances, as he has through much of his career. When he left Millwall in 1995-96 they were 14 points off relegation, and ended up going down. He departed Wolves in 2012 when they had just entered the relegation zone in 18th place on goal difference, but had the same points total as Queens Park Rangers in 16th. They went down too, bottom of the league, 12 points plus goal difference adrift of safety.

As for Ipswich, they were 12th when McCarthy left last season and have won three games since. There are a lot of managers out there who make poorly run clubs seem good, and never get the credit for it. McCarthy's detractors at Ipswich craved excitement. Now, it would seem, they have more than they can handle.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6566775/Callum-Hudson-Odoi-sh
IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 08:57 - Jan 8 with 6481 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yawn.
IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:00 - Jan 8 with 6442 viewsJimmyJazz

So he doesn't exactly leave his clubs in great shape then?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:01 - Jan 8 with 6439 viewsElephantintheRoom

True enough but the lazy hack mentions, but seems to ignore the common thread of MM's management. He ALWAYS leaves chaos and relegation in his wake. Once might have been unlucky, twice unfortunate. But EVERY time?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:01 - Jan 8 with 6431 viewsHerbivore

He had to go really, I don't think anyone (aside from Truce) would argue otherwise. Just because things are terrible now it doesn't follow that Mick should have stayed on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:02 - Jan 8 with 6431 viewsGarv

Using the 'clubs get relegated after I leave them' line really isn't the greatest boast if you ask me. I'm sure Mick will use it again the next time he is criticised.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:17 - Jan 8 with 6355 viewspositivity

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:02 - Jan 8 by Garv

Using the 'clubs get relegated after I leave them' line really isn't the greatest boast if you ask me. I'm sure Mick will use it again the next time he is criticised.

think the answer is to sack him sooner, there's no doubt that at ipswich (and other clubs), he did a great job clearing up the mess, stabilising, organising.

he then needs to be eased out before he gets too powerful and his short-sighted policies hobble a club for years

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:25 - Jan 8 with 6313 viewsKeaneish

Is that what it takes to be a journalist these days? Scan a football forum and cobble together scraps of information to make an article? Standard daily mail level of reporting I guess. Thanks Martin Samuel - very insightful...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:25 - Jan 8 with 6312 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

JANET RUES DUMPING 'DULL' JOHN

ANOTHER thrilling weekend for Janet. Having driven out John last season on the grounds that their relationship had soured, he constantly belittled her in public, had regular pops at her family and friends and made her miserable for close to three years, often dreading to go home for another night of tedium, the adventures just keep coming.

On Saturday, Janet was left in tears after new boyfriend Jim blatantly got it on with her sister Jane at a family barbeque, on top of the very table she was trying to eat a hot dog without a sausage from, the sort of bland food she'd become accustomed to eating with John. The woman is already on her second boyfriend in the last year, is sleeping in a separate room and barely talks to the Jim, who regularly has other women over to stay, clearly underestimating the requirements of a relationship. Her parents are so annoyed by it all, they want them to split up.

The fact is, John was doing a very creditable job, as a boyfriend, except for being incredibly boring, never wanting to go out or do anything exciting, insisting on double locking every door when in the house to stop people getting in and attacking them and constantly worrying about others. When he left Joan in 1995 she had gotten over the burglary she suffered and feared would happen again as a result of John's safety conscious manner where he'd park a bus in front of every possible entrance.

As for Janet, she was in a faithful relationship when John left last year and has barely had any happiness since. There are a lot of boyfriends out there who don't cheat and never get the credit for it. John's detractors in Janet's circle of friends suggested she could potentially experience excitement. Now, it would seem, she has more than she can handle.

John would never have cheated on Jane. She should have stayed with him in soul destroying tedium for the rest of her miserable life knowing that she'd never be burgled, never be cheated on and never actually enjoy another second of life because she should not ever dare to dream of something better, never be willing to take a gamble and never ever hope to enjoy life, to want to have something to look forward to or want to one day be excited by the prospect of life.

For daring to dream she deserves all the unhappiness in the world. How bloody dare she want better than mediocrity. How bloody dare she.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2019 9:41]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:26 - Jan 8 with 6299 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

He wasn't driven out, the owner decided not renew his contract, will he be doing a piece about how well McGoldrick is doing and being driven out of ITFC?

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:26 - Jan 8 with 6297 viewspointofblue

What all of Mick’s supporters, including Martin Samuel, don’t seem to understand is that it was interactions with the fans which burned the bridge here more than the style of play. That’s not to say the fans didn’t go ridiculously over the top towards him but that was fed by Mick and vice versa, each ‘side’ made things worse with each remark/chant. For the most part Mick seemed to revel in the fight, and even created a siege mentality within the club because of it which unfortunately involved the players. It was only when it was decided that his contract wouldn’t be renewed that the fight became very bitter on both sides - I have no idea why the fans wouldn’t even let go then as I understand why Mick went down swinging.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:27 - Jan 8 with 6279 viewschicoazul

I do get a bit confused by this "when Mick leaves the club goes down" wisdom, as people seem to say it like it reflects well on him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:31 - Jan 8 with 6239 viewsMrTown

Not a Town fan, didn't know what it was like to fork out for a season ticket and watch the 90 minutes of boredom, just sat in his office chair and has looked at where we were then, where we are now. Lazy journalism.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:31 - Jan 8 with 6234 viewsHerbivore

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:26 - Jan 8 by pointofblue

What all of Mick’s supporters, including Martin Samuel, don’t seem to understand is that it was interactions with the fans which burned the bridge here more than the style of play. That’s not to say the fans didn’t go ridiculously over the top towards him but that was fed by Mick and vice versa, each ‘side’ made things worse with each remark/chant. For the most part Mick seemed to revel in the fight, and even created a siege mentality within the club because of it which unfortunately involved the players. It was only when it was decided that his contract wouldn’t be renewed that the fight became very bitter on both sides - I have no idea why the fans wouldn’t even let go then as I understand why Mick went down swinging.

In fairness the booing and discontent from the ardent Mick out brigade started long before he said or did anything towards the fans. It was quite a long time later that he snapped, after the fans quickly turned on him when we were drawing away at Burton whilst sat in the top 6 in October last season. With hindsight you can see why that might have pissed him off. We won the game too.

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:32 - Jan 8 with 6231 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lazy piece

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:33 - Jan 8 with 6222 viewsfooters

EVERYONE RUES READING MARTIN SAMUEL

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:33 - Jan 8 with 6214 viewsBluefish

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:26 - Jan 8 by BullardsMagicMullet

He wasn't driven out, the owner decided not renew his contract, will he be doing a piece about how well McGoldrick is doing and being driven out of ITFC?

It is fascinating how people keep desperately trying to day he wasn't hounded out because they don't want to associate themselves with the utter mess that they were warned about.

McGoldrick didn't have songs every week saying they want him out of the club and constant abuse.

People were patting themselves on the back for the efforts to get rid of Mick before it went pear shape. I get they might be embarrassed now about it but let's not rewrite history

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:34 - Jan 8 with 6208 viewshtb

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:31 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

In fairness the booing and discontent from the ardent Mick out brigade started long before he said or did anything towards the fans. It was quite a long time later that he snapped, after the fans quickly turned on him when we were drawing away at Burton whilst sat in the top 6 in October last season. With hindsight you can see why that might have pissed him off. We won the game too.

Great post Wark the Walk very funny.
IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:34 - Jan 8 with 6208 viewschicoazul

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:33 - Jan 8 by footers

EVERYONE RUES READING MARTIN SAMUEL

Mick will probably be annoyed about it as you can read it as saying "never employ Mick to run your club".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:35 - Jan 8 with 6196 viewsfooters

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:34 - Jan 8 by chicoazul

Mick will probably be annoyed about it as you can read it as saying "never employ Mick to run your club".

MM is laughing it up in a Dublin penthouse, drinking from a cup labelled 'Numbskull tears'.

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:38 - Jan 8 with 6167 viewsartsbossbeard

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:35 - Jan 8 by footers

MM is laughing it up in a Dublin penthouse, drinking from a cup labelled 'Numbskull tears'.

Whilst messaging Waggers another joke in their WhatsApp group and looking at the league table.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:43 - Jan 8 with 6130 viewsfooters

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:38 - Jan 8 by artsbossbeard

Whilst messaging Waggers another joke in their WhatsApp group and looking at the league table.

"And do you know who they replaced you with? Kayden Jackson"

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:44 - Jan 8 with 6112 viewsartsbossbeard

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:43 - Jan 8 by footers

"And do you know who they replaced you with? Kayden Jackson"

*40x laughing emoji with tears down the side of face*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 6081 viewsFtnfwest

He forgot to say how attendances have halved as well, oh wait. National press patting us on the head and telling us to accept our place in the footballing world.
IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 6066 viewsHerbivore

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:47 - Jan 8 by Ftnfwest

He forgot to say how attendances have halved as well, oh wait. National press patting us on the head and telling us to accept our place in the footballing world.

Attendances have halved? In what time frame?

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:50 - Jan 8 with 6043 viewsSitfcB

IPSWICH RUE LOSING 'DULL' McCARTHY, Martin Samuel today on 09:35 - Jan 8 by footers

I saw an ITFC flag on Saturday that had ‘Numbskull Army’ on

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024