Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert continuing to get it 20:41 - Jan 8 with 5062 viewsitfcjoe

I really hope he is here for the long term, and that he can start getting results

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert continuing to get it on 20:43 - Jan 8 with 4995 viewsMrTown

Also had Matt Holland at Playford Road today, brilliant isn't it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert continuing to get it on 20:44 - Jan 8 with 4955 viewsSomethingBlue

He is setting a very high bar for how an Ipswich manager should be carrying himself, however things pan out.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert continuing to get it on 20:48 - Jan 8 with 4865 viewsdavblue

Lambert continuing to get it on 20:44 - Jan 8 by SomethingBlue

He is setting a very high bar for how an Ipswich manager should be carrying himself, however things pan out.

im yet to be totally convinced on the pitch, however unfair that maybe, but off the field he's doing a magnificent job so far. Really impressed, comes across as a good guy.

I have a family member who's played under him a few years ago, and he rates him very highly.
Lambert continuing to get it on 20:50 - Jan 8 with 4826 viewswkj

Lambert continuing to get it on 20:48 - Jan 8 by davblue

im yet to be totally convinced on the pitch, however unfair that maybe, but off the field he's doing a magnificent job so far. Really impressed, comes across as a good guy.

I have a family member who's played under him a few years ago, and he rates him very highly.

To me it is clear that Lambert has been given a remit as boss similar to McCarthy - he isn't here as a head coach but rather a traditional manager - maybe a club manager more so than a first team manager.

All very positive stuff, i just hope results can follow as I don't think people realise how lucky we are to have an upstanding human like Lambert at our club.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert continuing to get it on 20:51 - Jan 8 with 4801 viewsScottCandage

Lambert continuing to get it on 20:50 - Jan 8 by wkj

To me it is clear that Lambert has been given a remit as boss similar to McCarthy - he isn't here as a head coach but rather a traditional manager - maybe a club manager more so than a first team manager.

All very positive stuff, i just hope results can follow as I don't think people realise how lucky we are to have an upstanding human like Lambert at our club.

One thing is for certain - when PL says root and branch, he means it.
Lambert continuing to get it on 20:55 - Jan 8 with 4759 viewsbrogansnose

I'm gonna say it and I can't help myself, but I love Paul Lambert.

Marcus, this one's a keeper. Do not twonk this up.
Lambert continuing to get it on 22:31 - Jan 8 with 4327 viewsBLUEBEAT

Why do they refer to him as the Gaffer?

If I was Ralph or Carla, that would annoy me.

Poll: W or W

Lambert continuing to get it on 22:36 - Jan 8 with 4290 viewsjasondozzell

Brilliant from Lambert.

Don't lose him, Marcus!
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert continuing to get it on 22:37 - Jan 8 with 4286 viewsBluefish

From which one?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert continuing to get it on 09:40 - Jan 9 with 3871 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nice touch, but I’ll be more impressed when he actually starts getting some results on the pitch

Must win Saturday (how many times have we said that...?)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert continuing to get it on 09:48 - Jan 9 with 3829 viewschicoazul

Lambert continuing to get it on 22:37 - Jan 8 by Bluefish

From which one?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert continuing to get it on 09:58 - Jan 9 with 3784 viewsElephantintheRoom

Good PR. But doing the right thing and saying the right thing is pretty easy isn't it? Can he manage? Can he do what he says? Jury out really on the first and clearly not on the second given how many short termers he has lined up after declaring this approach madness.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Lambert continuing to get it on 10:56 - Jan 9 with 3704 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert continuing to get it on 09:58 - Jan 9 by ElephantintheRoom

Good PR. But doing the right thing and saying the right thing is pretty easy isn't it? Can he manage? Can he do what he says? Jury out really on the first and clearly not on the second given how many short termers he has lined up after declaring this approach madness.

Yep. It's surprising how many people are so easily won over. Although given how crap we've been and the lack of 'feel good' comms that have come out of the club, maybe it's not so surprising.

This is all good stuff of course, I like seeing it too, but it pales into comparison to what we actually need him to do in his real day job, i.e. get us climbing up the table.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert continuing to get it on 10:58 - Jan 9 with 3691 viewsSomethingBlue

But what else can he do at the moment? Basically we have to wing it for the next four months and then, regardless of division and who is in charge, go back to the drawing board. There's no nice way out.

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:02 - Jan 9 with 3666 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert continuing to get it on 10:58 - Jan 9 by SomethingBlue

But what else can he do at the moment? Basically we have to wing it for the next four months and then, regardless of division and who is in charge, go back to the drawing board. There's no nice way out.

Win some games of football, perhaps?

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:03 - Jan 9 with 3660 viewsCoastalblue

If he gets bodies in to keep us up however they arrive then that is justified. If he doesn't and we go down, then assuming he stays that's the point we have to start judging him in my opinion.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:03 - Jan 9 with 3648 viewsSomethingBlue

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:02 - Jan 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Which will probably take some short-term signings to make us good enough. Not hard to understand!

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:07 - Jan 9 with 3616 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:03 - Jan 9 by Coastalblue

If he gets bodies in to keep us up however they arrive then that is justified. If he doesn't and we go down, then assuming he stays that's the point we have to start judging him in my opinion.

I think this is a time when it's suitable to bring in Mick. The difference to the start of Mick's rein and the start of Lambert's, from comparable if not identical positions, is very stark. I'd have expected a little honeymoon period bump. I know he's got both hands tied behind his back, but we've gone backwards in some areas with a lack of organisation at the back especially.

Jury's well and truly still out for me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:14 - Jan 9 with 3589 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:03 - Jan 9 by SomethingBlue

Which will probably take some short-term signings to make us good enough. Not hard to understand!

But that’s what he was appointed to do

Clearly the side he inherited was poor and expectations have to be managed. But he’s won 1 game from 12 which includes home games against 3 sides in the bottom 8 and another away at the team in 23rd. It’s not unreasonable to think he may have done better so far - as I keep banging on he is actually getting less ppg than Hurst was at present

This kind of stuff is a nice touch without a doubt - but ultimately meaningless if he doesn’t start getting results

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:52 - Jan 9 with 3485 viewsBrixtonBlue

If this had been Paul Jewell it would have an entirely different complexion on it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert continuing to get it on 13:05 - Jan 9 with 3360 viewswkj

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:02 - Jan 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A tall ask for the personnel available.

Is Lambert a manager who could take us to the promised land? I doubt it, and to me that doesn't matter. If he stabilises us and puts on a show while being upstanding to the whole club, I'd be thilled.

Crybaby

Lambert continuing to get it on 13:06 - Jan 9 with 3350 viewswkj

Lambert continuing to get it on 11:52 - Jan 9 by BrixtonBlue

If this had been Paul Jewell it would have an entirely different complexion on it.

Don't be stupid, Paul Jewell would only have ever watched the DVD

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024