Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get a keeper in 21:20 - Jan 8 with 1744 viewslmfcblue

Defence need a keeper they can trust behind them. Our 2 not up to it this season
Get a keeper in on 21:23 - Jan 8 with 1733 viewsDublinBlue84

You do realise that trust needs time to build, it doesn't happen the moment a keeper arrives?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Get a keeper in on 21:28 - Jan 8 with 1709 viewslmfcblue

Get a keeper in on 21:23 - Jan 8 by DublinBlue84

You do realise that trust needs time to build, it doesn't happen the moment a keeper arrives?

Having a keeper in that is solid not making mistakes talking organising commanding his area good with his feet you'd be surprised the instant impact it would make to all around him
Get a keeper in on 21:57 - Jan 8 with 1651 viewsmonty_radio

Get a keeper in on 21:28 - Jan 8 by lmfcblue

Having a keeper in that is solid not making mistakes talking organising commanding his area good with his feet you'd be surprised the instant impact it would make to all around him

.... and there is such a goalie just waiting his chance to come in out of the cold at a knockdown price? Or perhaps Joe Walker from Dad's Army can run one to earth - "'Ere Captain, wanna buy a keeper?"

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Get a keeper in on 22:04 - Jan 8 with 1636 viewslmfcblue

Get a keeper in on 21:57 - Jan 8 by monty_radio

.... and there is such a goalie just waiting his chance to come in out of the cold at a knockdown price? Or perhaps Joe Walker from Dad's Army can run one to earth - "'Ere Captain, wanna buy a keeper?"

Must be someone out there that is better than ours and who does the basics well
Get a keeper in on 22:09 - Jan 8 with 1618 viewsScuzzer

and one of them has been the player of the season for three years on the trot...and they wouldn't trust him? I think the keepers not being up to scratch this season is down to the pile of crud in front of them.

Established 1968

Get a keeper in on 22:10 - Jan 8 with 1613 viewsBloomBlue

John Ruddy
Get a keeper in on 22:17 - Jan 8 with 1591 viewsBasuco

Joe Hart would have been good but has joined Preston.
Get a keeper in on 22:21 - Jan 8 with 1580 viewslmfcblue

Get a keeper in on 22:09 - Jan 8 by Scuzzer

and one of them has been the player of the season for three years on the trot...and they wouldn't trust him? I think the keepers not being up to scratch this season is down to the pile of crud in front of them.

No I doubt the defenders are filled with confidence with Barts in goal I know most fans aren't with the basic mistakes he's made. His own confidence is shot hence why not in the team. Hope he does find some form pretty soon though
Login to get fewer ads

Get a keeper in on 22:21 - Jan 8 with 1580 viewsGuthrum

Get a keeper in on 22:04 - Jan 8 by lmfcblue

Must be someone out there that is better than ours and who does the basics well

What makes you think that?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Get a keeper in on 22:24 - Jan 8 with 1569 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Get a keeper in on 22:10 - Jan 8 by BloomBlue

John Ruddy

Isn't he second choice at Wolves?

I don't think Prem clubs will be keen to loan out their third choice let alone allow a second choice to leave.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Get a keeper in on 22:26 - Jan 8 with 1563 viewslmfcblue

Get a keeper in on 22:21 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

What makes you think that?

Think that there is better keeper out there than our 2?
Get a keeper in on 22:31 - Jan 8 with 1548 viewsGuthrum

Get a keeper in on 22:26 - Jan 8 by lmfcblue

Think that there is better keeper out there than our 2?

Is there one you can think of - who is available this January on loan (taking up a valuable matchday squad slot) or for sale at a less than astronomical fee? Bearing in mind also that we are hardly the most attractive place to go at the moment, being rock bottom of the division.

Get a keeper in on 22:39 - Jan 8 with 1540 viewslmfcblue

Get a keeper in on 22:31 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

Is there one you can think of - who is available this January on loan (taking up a valuable matchday squad slot) or for sale at a less than astronomical fee? Bearing in mind also that we are hardly the most attractive place to go at the moment, being rock bottom of the division.

Yeah I get the difficulties of getting any real decent keeper/player in with our current position but if I was PL I'd be having a good look about.
Get a keeper in on 23:25 - Jan 8 with 1511 viewsGuthrum

Get a keeper in on 22:39 - Jan 8 by lmfcblue

Yeah I get the difficulties of getting any real decent keeper/player in with our current position but if I was PL I'd be having a good look about.

I suspect he probably already has done, as with most other positions.

Get a keeper in on 23:53 - Jan 8 with 1480 viewsBonchosBicycle

I know where you're coming from but I think we have other priorities. Both Bart and Gerks are decent keepers on their day. Bart has sadly been poor for whatever reason this season so far.

The defence needs to be better at what it's being asked to do this year. When Hurst first came in it was clear Chambers and Knudsen were having trouble doing anything other than hoofing when in possession. I think they've all improved but playing around to feet in defence inevitably increases the chances of errors. All of which seem to lead to goals this year.

For my money we need to have a decent final ball out of midfield. We often knock it around nicely but seem to have no idea where to go from there.

Up front we do need someone who can hold it up but we also need players to get into the box and give people options. Too often when I do see us get into decent crossing positions we have no one to target.
Get a keeper in on 07:39 - Jan 9 with 1382 viewsLord_Lucan

That's b0llocks IMHO.

Bart has had a dodgy season but he is a superb keeper at our level and very recently we were worried that he would be snapped up by a prem team.

Your post is completely nonsensical, you don't become a bad keeper after being a good one, it is a case of circumstances and confidence.

Add to that Gherkin is a fair number two,

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Get a keeper in on 07:42 - Jan 9 with 1376 viewsblueconscience

Get a keeper in on 21:28 - Jan 8 by lmfcblue

Who would you say was the last keeper we had who was good at controlling the area?

We always seem to have good shotstoppers who struggle on crosses and corners.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024