Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad size 22:29 - Jan 8 with 1334 viewsPlums

Whilst the new faces are to be welcomed, we now have a ballooning squad. Is there any sign of anyone departing? If too many stick around PL is likely to have difficulty keeping them all interested and on board.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Squad size on 22:33 - Jan 8 with 1312 viewspositivity

i think knudsen's gone or frozen out now
would be surprised if we saw roberts again
i think we'l see less opportunites for kenlock and lankester unfortunately

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Squad size on 22:37 - Jan 8 with 1290 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think the problem of keeping them interested and on board is why we have needed more in.

Does your ballooning squad include Adeyemi, Huws and Ward? How much pitch time will we get from them for the rest of this season?

I very much doubt our squad is bigger than most of the rest of this league's.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Squad size on 22:37 - Jan 8 with 1279 viewsGuthrum

TBH I don't think he'll care about those left out being happy, interested or otherwise if we start winning games.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Squad size on 22:56 - Jan 8 with 1249 viewsPlums

Squad size on 22:37 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

TBH I don't think he'll care about those left out being happy, interested or otherwise if we start winning games.

Absolutely but they still need managing so create an unproductive overhead and can cause a distraction to the remainder of the squad. It would be best if they were moved on if they're truly not needed.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Squad size on 23:01 - Jan 8 with 1231 viewspositivity

Squad size on 22:56 - Jan 8 by Plums

Absolutely but they still need managing so create an unproductive overhead and can cause a distraction to the remainder of the squad. It would be best if they were moved on if they're truly not needed.

i agree, but the players i suspect that lambert would like out are those who could well be of most use to us in league one, so it's a difficult balancing act.

ideal situation is to get some out on loan, but not always easy to do

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Squad size on 23:12 - Jan 8 with 1216 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We have 2 keepers unless you count Wright who is very much third choice.

Unless we get another defender in we appear to have first choice:
Spence, Chambers, Pennington and Elder.
Donacien, Nsiala and Kenlock have already had to get used to being back up players. I expect Knudsen to move on. That actually leaves little cover for suspension/injuries.

Midfield is trickier and where we have numbers but 3 of them seem to be virtually permanently out. 3 are youngsters breaking through. That leaves Skuse, Nolan and Edwards (who have both disappointed for me)

In attack we have numbers too but only Sears has shown any likelihood of being first choice. Harrison and Jackson still need to prove themselves and Lankester is only just coming through. Quaner and Keane have got the chance to stake a place. I would say that looks like healthy competition.

If anything, we are still light on experienced creative midfield players.

Squad size on 23:39 - Jan 8 with 1164 viewsPlums

Squad size on 23:12 - Jan 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

We have 2 keepers unless you count Wright who is very much third choice.

Unless we get another defender in we appear to have first choice:
Spence, Chambers, Pennington and Elder.
Donacien, Nsiala and Kenlock have already had to get used to being back up players. I expect Knudsen to move on. That actually leaves little cover for suspension/injuries.

Midfield is trickier and where we have numbers but 3 of them seem to be virtually permanently out. 3 are youngsters breaking through. That leaves Skuse, Nolan and Edwards (who have both disappointed for me)

In attack we have numbers too but only Sears has shown any likelihood of being first choice. Harrison and Jackson still need to prove themselves and Lankester is only just coming through. Quaner and Keane have got the chance to stake a place. I would say that looks like healthy competition.

If anything, we are still light on experienced creative midfield players.

All good points but off the top of my head we also have Nydam (assuming he isn’t one of the three your referred to who I take as Lankester, Dozzell and Downes) Roberts, Rowe, Morris, Drinan and Cotter. Some are way off the first team but still need managing.

Squad size on 00:04 - Jan 9 with 1129 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Squad size on 23:39 - Jan 8 by Plums

All good points but off the top of my head we also have Nydam (assuming he isn’t one of the three your referred to who I take as Lankester, Dozzell and Downes) Roberts, Rowe, Morris, Drinan and Cotter. Some are way off the first team but still need managing.

The three I refer to are Huws, Adeyemi and Ward (who is now out for the rest of the season).

Nydam, Lankester, Dozzell and Downes are youngsters coming through. They are not going to be massively upset to be used as squad players and indeed, we would be mad to rely on any of them as first picks currently. Similarly Bishop thanks to his injury.

Why do players who are some way off the first team need some extra managing because they are not in the first team?

I reckon most sides in the top half of this division have 2 established players for every position. We are some way short of that.

Login to get fewer ads

Squad size on 00:26 - Jan 9 with 1114 viewsPlums

Squad size on 00:04 - Jan 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

The three I refer to are Huws, Adeyemi and Ward (who is now out for the rest of the season).

Nydam, Lankester, Dozzell and Downes are youngsters coming through. They are not going to be massively upset to be used as squad players and indeed, we would be mad to rely on any of them as first picks currently. Similarly Bishop thanks to his injury.

Why do players who are some way off the first team need some extra managing because they are not in the first team?

I reckon most sides in the top half of this division have 2 established players for every position. We are some way short of that.

Simply the drain on PL and his team by having these extra players around the place. They need direction, training, personal issues dealing with etc. A big squad is a problem, particularly if a number of them have no part to play in the first team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024