Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£200 season ticket 11:08 - Jan 9 with 3895 viewsgrimboy

People I have spoke to in recent days are saying if/when we godown they won’t pay more than that to watch the third tier of English football.
I wonder how many other fans are feeling this and if not what would be a reasonable price.
£200 season ticket on 11:11 - Jan 9 with 3870 viewsScuzzer

To be fair I wouldn't mind paying up to £300....£25 a month. But...what are the chances that Evan's will score another almighty own goal and only drop prices by around 10%....if that.

Established 1968

£200 season ticket on 11:22 - Jan 9 with 3820 viewsElephantintheRoom

Two points worth thinking about.

Why do you think that third division football is so bad? There is a good history of excellent teams emerging from Div 3.... I spent some time watching Cambridge Utd after the sell out and I can assure you that the caliber of football even in non-league football is/was higher than what has been seen here in recent years.

And why even have season tickets? Regular fans will turn up anyway. It is new customers who are needed and they are not necessarily season ticket holders. Town started to lose their core supporters when the ground went all seater and all ticket, excluding generations of fans. A new model is needed to draw in new fans,.. a new era is a good time to try it. Our owner is a ticket expert after all

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

£200 season ticket on 11:29 - Jan 9 with 3785 viewsRegencyBlue

We are expensive for the Championship so continuing with current prices for League 1 would reduce attendances, in theory at least. Reducing prices however will increase the loss of turnover even if we manage to maintain our season ticket base.

There certainly needs to be some creative thinking by the club around pricing for next season but the regimes record on this so far isnt great.
£200 season ticket on 11:32 - Jan 9 with 3773 viewsReuser_is_God

That's hell of a drop from what we currently pay.

However, if we want to turn relegation into as much of a positive that it can be I think it's essential we do something like this. I'm of the opinion that if we have a drop in prices as drastic as you suggest then we would actually get more fans going to games than what we do now & that would be amazing.

It won't happen though.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 11:32]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

£200 season ticket on 11:35 - Jan 9 with 3741 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

£200 season ticket on 11:29 - Jan 9 by RegencyBlue

We are expensive for the Championship so continuing with current prices for League 1 would reduce attendances, in theory at least. Reducing prices however will increase the loss of turnover even if we manage to maintain our season ticket base.

There certainly needs to be some creative thinking by the club around pricing for next season but the regimes record on this so far isnt great.

If I was in-charge, I would make all adult season tickets £100, £50 for under 21 and £10 for kids.

Let's start from rock bottom and get re-building the club up from the foundations.

COYB

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

£200 season ticket on 11:43 - Jan 9 with 3709 viewsdirtyboy

£200 season ticket on 11:35 - Jan 9 by BullardsMagicMullet

If I was in-charge, I would make all adult season tickets £100, £50 for under 21 and £10 for kids.

Let's start from rock bottom and get re-building the club up from the foundations.

COYB

£100 ??? It costs that much to watch Kirkley & Pakefield for a season!!!!!
£200 season ticket on 11:44 - Jan 9 with 3699 viewsKieran_Knows

£200 season ticket on 11:35 - Jan 9 by BullardsMagicMullet

COYB

Let's get realistic, it would never be £100.

£275 for an adult season ticket, anywhere in the ground would be a good start.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

£200 season ticket (n/t) on 11:53 - Jan 9 with 3663 viewsclive_baker

[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 8:56]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

£200 season ticket on 11:59 - Jan 9 with 3631 viewsBurwell_Blue

I would be happy if prices stayed the same. I don't go to watch the opposition, so it does not matter to me who it is.

If the prices are the same, then I am doing my bit to help the club improve and that sits well with me.
£200 season ticket on 13:35 - Jan 9 with 3429 viewsJDB23

No chance we get £200 season tickets. I think something around the £300 mark will be likely for North/South lower and family areas, probably around a 20% reduction in price across the board.

Even if we had £100 season tickets for everywhere, how many do you actually think we would sell? 20k maybe ? That's £2millon. Even if we kept prices as they are I reckon we would still sell a minimum 8k STs, which would give us at least £1.5m more. (Obviously these numbers don't include child STs etc.) We're already going to take a big hit as is dropping a division, I can't see ME willingly give up more money just to get a few extra thousand fans through the gate.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 13:38]
£200 season ticket on 13:39 - Jan 9 with 3410 viewstextbackup

honestly, £32 a month to watch 23 home games isn't bad at all. £16 a game, come on, what do people want, it free....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

£200 season ticket on 13:49 - Jan 9 with 3375 viewsWhymarkmariner

Division One's ST prices range from £149 to £288. Allowing for ticket price increases I'd say Town's will be between £250 and £300. Any more then you may be looking at gates below 10,000.
£200 season ticket on 13:55 - Jan 9 with 3349 viewsbluelagos

https://www.cu-fc.com/siteassets/club-pdfs/ticket-pdfs/st-brochure-1819-final.pd

For info.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

£200 season ticket on 14:04 - Jan 9 with 3318 viewsVaughan8

People are in for a shock if they think prices are going to be reduced that much. I have watched a few League two games this season which have ranged from £18-£23.....

The comment about season tickets should be £100 is ridiculous. Even £200 I cant see happening. If they are under £300 you will be lucky. I don't think they will drop too much. Maybe 10%

Maybe someone look at Sunderland's this year for a guide.....

P.s. those people who say that, usually end up renewing.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 14:05]
£200 season ticket on 14:24 - Jan 9 with 3267 viewsFixed_It

can see some sense in closing the upper tiers of SBR and SAR - less stewarding and better atmosphere. This would allow them to reduce the prices for those of us who sit in the Gods at present.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

£200 season ticket on 14:27 - Jan 9 with 3258 viewsLeagueOne

Next season I will buy my first season ticket in a number of years whether I can make the games or not. If we all do this, it will help greatly - if 15k bough ST's that would be £3mil off the bat we'd not need to find from cuts to the playing staff

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

£200 season ticket on 14:57 - Jan 9 with 3213 viewsGlebeTractor

Do what Hull City do, £12 per game...
Regardless of age that's £275pa.
Then I would charge £15 to anyone who wants to buy on the day.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

£200 season ticket on 14:59 - Jan 9 with 3207 viewsHerbivore

I went to Chesterfield v Wimbledon in the 4th tier around 5 years ago and it was over £20 to get in, think it might have been £25 actually. So £200 for a season ticket, under a tenner a game, is fanciful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

£200 season ticket on 15:00 - Jan 9 with 3200 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

£200 season ticket on 11:11 - Jan 9 by Scuzzer

To be fair I wouldn't mind paying up to £300....£25 a month. But...what are the chances that Evan's will score another almighty own goal and only drop prices by around 10%....if that.

£300 incl cups would be a good deal!
£200 season ticket on 15:15 - Jan 9 with 3184 viewsITFC_Forever

£200 season ticket on 11:22 - Jan 9 by ElephantintheRoom

Two points worth thinking about.

Why do you think that third division football is so bad? There is a good history of excellent teams emerging from Div 3.... I spent some time watching Cambridge Utd after the sell out and I can assure you that the caliber of football even in non-league football is/was higher than what has been seen here in recent years.

And why even have season tickets? Regular fans will turn up anyway. It is new customers who are needed and they are not necessarily season ticket holders. Town started to lose their core supporters when the ground went all seater and all ticket, excluding generations of fans. A new model is needed to draw in new fans,.. a new era is a good time to try it. Our owner is a ticket expert after all

And why even have season tickets?

As it's cheaper than paying every week and you get the same seat?

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

£200 season ticket on 16:13 - Jan 9 with 3090 viewsGlebeTractor

£200 season ticket on 15:00 - Jan 9 by BtreeBlueBlood

£300 incl cups would be a good deal!

That's 2 extra games per year then!

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

£200 season ticket on 16:15 - Jan 9 with 3083 viewsHerbivore

£200 season ticket on 16:13 - Jan 9 by GlebeTractor

That's 2 extra games per year then!

Three actually, we'll have the Checkatrade Trophy as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

£200 season ticket on 16:17 - Jan 9 with 3077 viewswkj

£200 season ticket on 16:15 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Three actually, we'll have the Checkatrade Trophy as well.

I don't agree with them putting friendlies in with the season ticket price.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

£200 season ticket on 16:33 - Jan 9 with 3040 viewsMrTown

£200 for this football club, no thank you.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

£200 season ticket on 16:44 - Jan 9 with 2996 viewsTractorWood

£300 would be progress. Anything less is very unlikely given it took the club 15 years to change it post relegation from the Prem.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024