Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think we're seeing the death of No deal... 14:14 - Jan 9 with 15646 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:41 - Jan 9 with 2254 viewsSwansea_Blue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:29 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

I don't want us leaving with no deal (tbh I don't want us to leave the EU for reasons I gave recently) but the vote last night was meaningless.

No deal is the default position on March 29 unless the commons have a majority for either a) May's deal b) any other type of deal c) a second referendum.

There isn't a majority in the house for any of the above so all of this fcuking about sees us crash out with no deal.

As for Chuka's tweet. It is unprecedented for a Speaker to select a motion so the MP's complaining have a valid point. Just because you don't agree with their position on Brexit doesn't make their point any less valid.

"tbh I don't want us to leave the EU for reasons I gave recently"

Have you changed your mind then?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:41 - Jan 9 with 2253 viewsgiant_stow

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:35 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

When leavers put the threat of a punishment budget, falling house prices, higher unemployment, a 2016/17 recession etc as a counter argument to the Brexit Bus, people such as your good self object to the "the other side are doing it as well" argument.

You have just done that.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 14:35]

not that tired argument again. The budget, falling house prices, unemployment etc were *predictions*. The bus *promised*.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:43 - Jan 9 with 2236 viewsGlasgowBlue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:41 - Jan 9 by giant_stow

not that tired argument again. The budget, falling house prices, unemployment etc were *predictions*. The bus *promised*.

As Lucan said the other day, it wasn't a promise but do we really want to go down that route again?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:43 - Jan 9 with 2236 viewsBlueBadger

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:41 - Jan 9 by Swansea_Blue

Given the unfolding clusterf*ck of the last 2+ years I think you'd have to be be pretty hardcore boiled gammon to still want it to go ahead.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:45 - Jan 9 with 2213 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:43 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

Given the unfolding clusterf*ck of the last 2+ years I think you'd have to be be pretty hardcore boiled gammon to still want it to go ahead.

That's going to be one tough joint of meat. The water would have boiled dry months ago, and a thick black crust will have formed on the bottom, vigorously smoking and polluting the air with acrid fumes.

Does sound kind of familiar now you mention it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:46 - Jan 9 with 2214 viewsSteve_M

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:35 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

When leavers put the threat of a punishment budget, falling house prices, higher unemployment, a 2016/17 recession etc as a counter argument to the Brexit Bus, people such as your good self object to the "the other side are doing it as well" argument.

You have just done that.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 14:35]

It was more a comment, both the original tweet and my positing of it, on the somewaht elastic regard for Parliamentary process of Brexit supporting Tory MPs.

The whole process has demonstrated the weakness of an unwritten constitution and the mess will take years to resolve constitutionally, let alone the effects on the country.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:46 - Jan 9 with 2213 viewsBlueBadger

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:45 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

That's going to be one tough joint of meat. The water would have boiled dry months ago, and a thick black crust will have formed on the bottom, vigorously smoking and polluting the air with acrid fumes.

Does sound kind of familiar now you mention it.

Nothing black around the gammon...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:47 - Jan 9 with 2196 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:46 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

Nothing black around the gammon...

That's their problem. They think the black bits are taking over the pink bits. Soon it'll all be black.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:48 - Jan 9 with 2201 viewsSwansea_Blue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:43 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

But wasn't the clusterf*ck all very predictable? Unravelling a decades old long relationship that permeates most aspects of everyday life by a government that couldn't give a feck about the people, led by ministers with a track record of staggering incompetence, was never going to end well.

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:51 - Jan 9 with 2174 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:48 - Jan 9 by Swansea_Blue

But wasn't the clusterf*ck all very predictable? Unravelling a decades old long relationship that permeates most aspects of everyday life by a government that couldn't give a feck about the people, led by ministers with a track record of staggering incompetence, was never going to end well.

Well, you'd have to be a bit dense to not realise that.

But remember, pointing out the denseness of dense people is how we brought all this on ourselves according to some. Apparently we should have given them a cuddle and listened to their factually devoid whining with respect instead. After all, they have always treated the truths and facts presented by us with respect and reason...

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:59 - Jan 9 with 2153 viewsSwansea_Blue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:51 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

Well, you'd have to be a bit dense to not realise that.

But remember, pointing out the denseness of dense people is how we brought all this on ourselves according to some. Apparently we should have given them a cuddle and listened to their factually devoid whining with respect instead. After all, they have always treated the truths and facts presented by us with respect and reason...

Well Glassers certainly isn't dense. I'd be surprised if anything structurally different is known now that would cause an informed Brexiteer to change their mind. The rhetoric and fanciful claims of the leading Brexiteers have always been easy to see through. But what do I know (not a lot).

He should go and stand in the naughty corner with J2 for a bit.

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:59 - Jan 9 with 2150 viewsgiant_stow

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:43 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

As Lucan said the other day, it wasn't a promise but do we really want to go down that route again?

That bludy bus's message was clear. But you won;t ever agree, so yes, pointless discussing it as long as you can refrain from comparing incapable stuff.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:01 - Jan 9 with 2141 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:59 - Jan 9 by Swansea_Blue

Well Glassers certainly isn't dense. I'd be surprised if anything structurally different is known now that would cause an informed Brexiteer to change their mind. The rhetoric and fanciful claims of the leading Brexiteers have always been easy to see through. But what do I know (not a lot).

I wasn't suggesting Glassers was dense. Sorry if that was the implication. I'm sure he was aware of the the nigh on impossibility of untangling the web when he voted.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 15:02]

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:03 - Jan 9 with 2137 viewsSwansea_Blue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:01 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

I wasn't suggesting Glassers was dense. Sorry if that was the implication. I'm sure he was aware of the the nigh on impossibility of untangling the web when he voted.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 15:02]

I know you weren't. And besides, Glassers baiting season isn't for another couple of months. March 29th to be precise, but there's rumours that could get put back.

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:05 - Jan 9 with 2126 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:03 - Jan 9 by Swansea_Blue

I know you weren't. And besides, Glassers baiting season isn't for another couple of months. March 29th to be precise, but there's rumours that could get put back.

I didn't get the invite for the 29th. Probably because I've been blocked from the Whatsapp group chat for drunkenly sending them a picture of my old boy done up in tinsel over the Christmas break.

In my defence it was intended for BlueBell.

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:11 - Jan 9 with 2121 viewsconnorscontract

Glassers has always been able to discern which way the political wind is blowing. And jump accordingly.

He thought Cameron was terrible, until he won.
Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:16 - Jan 9 with 2107 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When Brexit was initially floated, there was the suggestion that we could leave with 'no deal' as we could agree trade deals with the rest of the world more easily.

No deal is still talked about as an option, yet there is zero sign of any potential trade deals with the rest of the world to make up for leaving the EU.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:17 - Jan 9 with 2097 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:16 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

When Brexit was initially floated, there was the suggestion that we could leave with 'no deal' as we could agree trade deals with the rest of the world more easily.

No deal is still talked about as an option, yet there is zero sign of any potential trade deals with the rest of the world to make up for leaving the EU.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that this has turned out to be the case.

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:18 - Jan 9 with 2104 viewsBlueBadger

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:16 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's because
a) we can't negotiate any until we've left the EU, so anyone saying that was basically lying and
b) look at the incompetents in charge - do you really think they're capable of doing any kind of decent deal?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:22 - Jan 9 with 2093 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:18 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

That's because
a) we can't negotiate any until we've left the EU, so anyone saying that was basically lying and
b) look at the incompetents in charge - do you really think they're capable of doing any kind of decent deal?

We cant negotiate, but we could create strong relationships with other countries with the intention of having future trade.

Instead we have the likes of Trump putting us at arms length.

Look at the incompetents in charge? That should have be the utmost in peoples thoughts when they voted!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:24 - Jan 9 with 2089 viewsGlasgowBlue

Aaron Banks referred to the National Crime Agency by GlasgowBlue 1 Nov 2018 14:40
Less a case of switching to remain and more a case of

A) Not having the politicians capable enough to deliver a forwards thinking globally inclusive Brexit that opens our country to both trade and immigration from outside the EU

B) too many racists and knuckle dragged associating themselves with Brexit

C) the wrong time to leave the EU with the world a far more volatile and uncertain place due to Trump and Putin

With regards to your last point; in what warped world would it make sense to vote for a racist and an antisemite (copyright Sir Trevor Phillips and Dame Margaret Hodge)?

Iron Lion Zion

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:24 - Jan 9 with 2083 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:22 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

We cant negotiate, but we could create strong relationships with other countries with the intention of having future trade.

Instead we have the likes of Trump putting us at arms length.

Look at the incompetents in charge? That should have be the utmost in peoples thoughts when they voted!!

We paid peanuts and got mentally incapable monkeys.

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:26 - Jan 9 with 2080 viewsJ2BLUE

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:59 - Jan 9 by Swansea_Blue

I'm good, cheers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:28 - Jan 9 with 2073 viewsGlasgowBlue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:11 - Jan 9 by connorscontract

Glassers has always been able to discern which way the political wind is blowing. And jump accordingly.

He thought Cameron was terrible, until he won.

You do like to make up complete and utter bollox mate.

I always said that Cameron was the Tories best electoral asset but I could never figure out what he actually stood for.

I thought he was also very poor on delivering what he promised with regards to the Syrian refugees.

Iron Lion Zion

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 15:38 - Jan 9 with 2040 viewslowhouseblue

so the hard brexiters should now know they're facing the choice between chequers and quite possibly nothing. hmmm.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024