Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know 16:49 - Jan 9 with 1943 viewsSWGF

...about how interested players are in us and how far ME was willing to push the boat in order to stave off relegation.

I can't see any real, tangible increase in quality and the increase in experience is negligible.

Not quite the cavalry PL was hoping for, I'd guess.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 16:55 - Jan 9 with 1902 viewshomer_123

'Not quite the cavalry PL was hoping for, I'd guess.'

Nicely understated there.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 16:57 - Jan 9 with 1884 viewsSWGF

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 16:55 - Jan 9 by homer_123

'Not quite the cavalry PL was hoping for, I'd guess.'

Nicely understated there.

Phil wouldn’t let me write: “I t’s a complete shÄ«tshow”

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:00 - Jan 9 with 1874 viewswkj

I am not a defender of Evans, far from it, but I would be surprised if finances and investment play much of a part this transfer window, rather than players, such as Pilkington, seeing the pickle we're in and opting to stay closer to home in a safer league position as such.

Evans can roll the dice and end up in a bind next season if we sign some half way decent signings with greedy agents fleecing us, or, the next best thing, balancing the squad with players who have something to prove - but wont break the budget if we get relegated.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:01 - Jan 9 with 1854 viewsartsbossbeard

"alright Pinko, it's your agent here. Not got much but there's two offers from Wigan and Ipswich currently"

"Not sure, I think there is a pier, yeah"

"Ar5e end of the A14, you know that road where were lorries overtake each other endlessly and it's ok to stay in the outside lane even once you've finished overtaking"

"Wigan it is then"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:04 - Jan 9 with 1838 viewshomer_123

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:00 - Jan 9 by wkj

I am not a defender of Evans, far from it, but I would be surprised if finances and investment play much of a part this transfer window, rather than players, such as Pilkington, seeing the pickle we're in and opting to stay closer to home in a safer league position as such.

Evans can roll the dice and end up in a bind next season if we sign some half way decent signings with greedy agents fleecing us, or, the next best thing, balancing the squad with players who have something to prove - but wont break the budget if we get relegated.

Well, it currently looks like he's not looking to roll the dice and hoping, against hope, for a miracle with a smattering of average signings.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:04 - Jan 9 with 1835 viewsBenters2

How much of the '£10m warchest' do we have left though?
The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:06 - Jan 9 with 1825 viewsartsbossbeard

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:04 - Jan 9 by Benters2

How much of the '£10m warchest' do we have left though?

£10 million & £12

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:12 - Jan 9 with 1798 viewsDarth_Koont

True. But we're at a point where the players who would improve us dramatically don't want to come to us. Short-term or long-term.

A player that could transform us as much as say Ryan Fraser did has far too many better options than a team that's really struggling.

So I think we're relying on Lambert doing a Mick and finding an undervalued, overlooked player. Or at least understanding the qualities we need to bring in to get the rest of our squad delivering more. Thinks like height with all three forwards we've signed and better control and technique it seems too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:12 - Jan 9 with 1792 viewsBenters2

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:06 - Jan 9 by artsbossbeard

£10 million & £12

£10 M and £24 me and Taxi innit.
The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 17:28 - Jan 9 with 1755 viewsMullet

Wait until the end of the window/season when Dozzell, Bart, Sears, Knudsen and the likes of Rowe et al have gone and that rebuild is not just some far metaphor but an urgent necessity.

This is why relegation will be awful whatever happens.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:16 - Jan 9 with 1670 viewsDubtractor

I mean, they may end up as inspired signings, but there is no avoiding the fact that they are pretty damn underwhelming on paper.

Will be interesting to see what sort of team we put out on Saturday.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:21 - Jan 9 with 1651 viewschicoazul

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:16 - Jan 9 by Dubtractor

I mean, they may end up as inspired signings, but there is no avoiding the fact that they are pretty damn underwhelming on paper.

Will be interesting to see what sort of team we put out on Saturday.

Do you think Lambert said to Evans "what we need is Elder Dawkins Quaner and Keane"? I certainly don't. It's as I feared a while back, we are so far adrift nobody really good will want to come here, and Evans wont pony up enough money to make it worth their while.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:27 - Jan 9 with 1629 viewsDubtractor

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:21 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

Do you think Lambert said to Evans "what we need is Elder Dawkins Quaner and Keane"? I certainly don't. It's as I feared a while back, we are so far adrift nobody really good will want to come here, and Evans wont pony up enough money to make it worth their while.

Honestly, if all we're getting is a stack of half arsed signings on loan or temp deals that probably won't make a difference, then I'd have preferred to to persevere with our own players.

Damn I hope I'm wrong though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:29 - Jan 9 with 1620 viewshorsehollerer

It might have more to do with the 10-point gap. If it was only 2 or 3 pts, it might be a different story, in terms of both our willingness to spend and players' willingness to join us. Maybe, anyway.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:31 - Jan 9 with 1610 viewschristiand

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:29 - Jan 9 by horsehollerer

It might have more to do with the 10-point gap. If it was only 2 or 3 pts, it might be a different story, in terms of both our willingness to spend and players' willingness to join us. Maybe, anyway.

Key word here is 'might'.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:34 - Jan 9 with 1599 viewsITFC_Forever

The transfer window, so far, is telling us all we need to know on 18:27 - Jan 9 by Dubtractor

Honestly, if all we're getting is a stack of half arsed signings on loan or temp deals that probably won't make a difference, then I'd have preferred to to persevere with our own players.

Damn I hope I'm wrong though.

This.

If this is the best we can manage, we may as well not bother and concentrate on bringing the youngsters through to prepare them for next season / increase their transfer value for when we sell them off (delete as appropriate).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024