Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? 18:13 - Jan 9 with 5839 viewschristiand

Naturally, I would love for them all to prove me wrong, but got to say I'm a little underwhelmed. Just seems a panic to get anybody in, forget the quality needed to climb the table even more players added to our bloated, mediocre squad. Do we now look any closer to mounting a survival bid? Unfortunately, nope!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:15 - Jan 9 with 4607 viewsHerbivore

We needed more options in the final third, including some more height and the ability to hold the ball up. Quaner and Keane give us that. So yes, the squad has been improved imo as we now have much needed options that we didn't have 2 weeks ago.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:19 - Jan 9 with 4579 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair even if it means that we go down fighting it is a difference.

Whether we stay up or not, its imperative that we show some improvement and at least have something to build on for next season.

I think the signings so far will improve us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:21 - Jan 9 with 4571 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:15 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

We needed more options in the final third, including some more height and the ability to hold the ball up. Quaner and Keane give us that. So yes, the squad has been improved imo as we now have much needed options that we didn't have 2 weeks ago.

We'll see, I hope I'm massively wrong. We can't defend and have two keepers that are less than convincing, our addition an U23 player from Leicester City! We might have improved with options in the attacking third, but we can't keep teams out from scoring against us.

I see you got your wish with Dawkins signing! I bet he proves no better that Rowe or Edwards. Like the bird...he's cheap!!!

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:24 - Jan 9 with 4557 viewsHerbivore

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:21 - Jan 9 by christiand

We'll see, I hope I'm massively wrong. We can't defend and have two keepers that are less than convincing, our addition an U23 player from Leicester City! We might have improved with options in the attacking third, but we can't keep teams out from scoring against us.

I see you got your wish with Dawkins signing! I bet he proves no better that Rowe or Edwards. Like the bird...he's cheap!!!

Where have I said I wanted Dawkins to sign? Nowhere. You are aware that the transfer window has three weeks left to run, right? We may still see another signing or two at the back.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:27 - Jan 9 with 4545 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:24 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Where have I said I wanted Dawkins to sign? Nowhere. You are aware that the transfer window has three weeks left to run, right? We may still see another signing or two at the back.

Do you think any of these were PL's primary transfer targets? No, nor do I!
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 18:28]

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:30 - Jan 9 with 4522 viewsHerbivore

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:27 - Jan 9 by christiand

Do you think any of these were PL's primary transfer targets? No, nor do I!
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 18:28]

Who knows? He needed to balance getting the right kind of player with getting them in quickly. It's not like some of the more big name potential targets like Gestede have signed for our rivals.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:34 - Jan 9 with 4508 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:30 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Who knows? He needed to balance getting the right kind of player with getting them in quickly. It's not like some of the more big name potential targets like Gestede have signed for our rivals.

Bargain basement, that's where we shop, you know it and I know it and that's what each and every signing so far has been. I doubt even if the gap between us and Rotherham United was closer whether that approach would be any different.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:37 - Jan 9 with 4494 viewsRadlett_blue

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:21 - Jan 9 by christiand

I'd be surprised if Dawkins had much more impact than Jordan Graham.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:43 - Jan 9 with 4465 viewsHerbivore

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:34 - Jan 9 by christiand

Bargain basement, that's where we shop, you know it and I know it and that's what each and every signing so far has been. I doubt even if the gap between us and Rotherham United was closer whether that approach would be any different.

You didn't hold your hands up for long. I like how after being proved wrong earlier you're now just doubling down with the same point.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 19:16 - Jan 9 with 4394 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 18:43 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

You didn't hold your hands up for long. I like how after being proved wrong earlier you're now just doubling down with the same point.

Yes sorry, these are all top marquee signings....my mistake!! You get what you pay for and if you’re honest with yourself you know I’m right!

Oh, I just thought I’d add, I’m being sarcastic as I know you’re not great at identifying it!! 😘
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 19:20]

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 19:22 - Jan 9 with 4361 viewsyocal_lad

Quaner yes, I think he could be very good the others I am worried about. Would any of them have got into the team last season even... not sure what Dawkins offers at all over Rowe or Nydam.

I hope PL can get us 10 wins but he has been let down by not getting the players in...
Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 19:35 - Jan 9 with 4322 viewsHerbivore

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 19:16 - Jan 9 by christiand

Yes sorry, these are all top marquee signings....my mistake!! You get what you pay for and if you’re honest with yourself you know I’m right!

Oh, I just thought I’d add, I’m being sarcastic as I know you’re not great at identifying it!! 😘
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 19:20]

Your day today:

christiand: Evans is doing things on the cheap!

Me and another dude: We offered Pilkington more money than Wigan did.

christiand: I stand corrected. (Logs off for several hours)

christiand: (Logs back on) Evans is doing things on the cheap! Bargain basement!

Learning isn't your strongest suit to be fair, that's why schooling you is tiring.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 19:39 - Jan 9 with 4304 viewsTerry_Nutkins

The signings are of limited quality albeit Keane is quality he hasnt had any consistent games so who knows whether we'll see the best of him. I think the 10 points adrift thing is the biggest factor in limiting our ability to sign players. I don't blame people turning that down. Sounds like we are offering the wages but nothing we can do about losing Pilkington who would have been excellent.

What the signings do do is give us better balance and sometimes that can be more important than individual talent. In terms of quality that will be down to luck of the gods on Bish, Huws, Skuse and whisper it Adeyemi.... maybr 3 out of 4 anyway.

Unfortunately i think we will be relegated. Even a sharp turn around in form is not going to be enough in all probability. Want to see us go out with some fight though and set us up for next season in a better state!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:04 - Jan 9 with 4246 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 19:35 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Your day today:

christiand: Evans is doing things on the cheap!

Me and another dude: We offered Pilkington more money than Wigan did.

christiand: I stand corrected. (Logs off for several hours)

christiand: (Logs back on) Evans is doing things on the cheap! Bargain basement!

Learning isn't your strongest suit to be fair, that's why schooling you is tiring.

But still you bite, a bit sad really!! Keep going with the downvotes, which you excel with, now that’s tiresome!!!

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:07 - Jan 9 with 4228 viewsSpruceMoose

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:04 - Jan 9 by christiand

But still you bite, a bit sad really!! Keep going with the downvotes, which you excel with, now that’s tiresome!!!

I mean, it's tricky to not want to swat an annoying fly, so I can understand Herbie's reaction.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:10 - Jan 9 with 4219 viewsHerbivore

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:04 - Jan 9 by christiand

Trolling is meant to make other people look stupid, mate.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:10 - Jan 9 with 4219 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:07 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

I mean, it's tricky to not want to swat an annoying fly, so I can understand Herbie's reaction.

Job done! 👍

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:12 - Jan 9 with 4208 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:10 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Trolling is meant to make other people look stupid, mate.

You do that perfectly well, I don’t need to do too much; thanks for advice!!

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:13 - Jan 9 with 4200 viewsHerbivore

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:12 - Jan 9 by christiand

You do that perfectly well, I don’t need to do too much; thanks for advice!!

Yes, I do make you look stupid. Alarmingly regularly.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:14 - Jan 9 with 4197 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:13 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Yes, especially your invaluable footballing insights!!! I’ve learnt so much.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:14 - Jan 9 with 4195 viewsSpruceMoose

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:13 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:17 - Jan 9 with 4178 viewsHerbivore

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:14 - Jan 9 by christiand

Yes, especially your invaluable footballing insights!!! I’ve learnt so much.

Well you did PM me to bow to my superior knowledge, so.....

Sadly though you don't learn. You say stuff, get shown to be wrong, go away for a bit then come back and say the same stuff again. It's like trying to educate a house brick.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:19 - Jan 9 with 4160 viewsSpruceMoose

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:17 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Sadly though you don't learn. You say stuff, get shown to be wrong, go away for a bit then come back and say the same stuff again. It's like trying to educate a house brick.

At least a house brick serves a purpose!

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:32 - Jan 9 with 4126 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:17 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Unfortunately, that was when I was relatively new to the forum and out of politeness, I’ve since become wiser. I’ll admit when I’m wrong, but like most empty vessels they just keep rabbiting on. The fact is you believe your opinion is above everyone else’s and sadly it’s not. When a poster makes a valid argument you pathetically downvote. Really Phil and Gav should outlaw that it’s mainly you that uses it, just so embarassing and cringeworthy, but you don’t seem to notice or are just oblivious to it. That speaks volumes to me and reflects the true colours of that individual.

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:33 - Jan 9 with 4122 viewschristiand

Are these signings really going to make any difference to our plight? on 20:19 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

At least a house brick serves a purpose!

Brilliant!! 👏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024