Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
E-Mail hosting 10:37 - Jan 10 with 2923 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I have recently started working for myself, and I am keen to get a professional e-mail address set up. i.e. not hotmail etc.

Has anyone on here been down that route? Who do you use for hosting and what is the cost?

At this stage I am not too concerned about a website, but could do with a holding page. The priority is the e-mail address.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

E-Mail hosting on 10:40 - Jan 10 with 2911 viewsfooters

Most sites will come with the added option of an email bundle, very cheap if you only want one or two addresses.

My advice would be to buy the domain, leave an under construction page up and use the email provided. You can link the address to various email clients, Outlook etc.

Not sure if there's a way to have a personalised email address without the domain, though. Maybe one of our techier bods can advise.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

E-Mail hosting on 10:41 - Jan 10 with 2899 viewsBueller

I use Go Daddy for mine and in a similar situtaton. I've purchased a domain and not bothered developing a site yet. I then got a deal on an email address e.g. info@companyname.com which is via through Microsoft Exchange. Can log in via outlook and apple mail etc.
E-Mail hosting on 10:43 - Jan 10 with 2887 viewshampstead_blue

Gmail does great hosting. You can use a raft of different cloud based products.

I used it for my last business. We had up to ten users.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

E-Mail hosting on 10:44 - Jan 10 with 2885 viewsDanTheMan

If you're not worried about the cost, then you could use G-Suite.

https://gsuite.google.com/landing/partners/referral/trial.html?utm_source=sign-u

Added bonus that you get some of their office suite for relatively little.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

E-Mail hosting on 10:47 - Jan 10 with 2868 viewsgiant_stow

My bro runs a it support company and his standard advice to bods looking to setup good email is to buy a domain and then point it to either Google apps or Microsoft 365. That way can use it on all devices and get loads of space, but still use your pro domain as the address.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

E-Mail hosting on 10:57 - Jan 10 with 2839 viewsDurovigutum

I've got a few domain names, my main one I've had since 1998.

My advice would be to register the domain name away from the email provider - that way if you want to switch (as i have from O365 to Gmail for one recently) it's a simple task of changing the MX record and not having huge upheaval with transfers. Also if you build a web site and later upgrade to new, you just repoint.

I pay AWS something silly like 30p a month to host one domain name and I think that one is registered with Names.co.uk.
E-Mail hosting on 11:42 - Jan 10 with 2788 viewsBurwell_Blue

I have hundreds of domain names. My top-tip, dont use

1and1
123-REG
GoDaddy
Hostgator

to register it through. Use www.heartinternet.co.uk or https://krystal.co.uk only.
E-Mail hosting on 13:18 - Jan 10 with 2729 viewsNo9

These people seem to have everythign you are looking for at not great cost. Their assistance looks good too

https://www.ionos.co.uk/?ac=OM.UK.UKo41K356200T7073a&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzcbhsabj3
Login to get fewer ads

E-Mail hosting on 13:22 - Jan 10 with 2717 viewsBurwell_Blue

E-Mail hosting on 13:18 - Jan 10 by No9

These people seem to have everythign you are looking for at not great cost. Their assistance looks good too

https://www.ionos.co.uk/?ac=OM.UK.UKo41K356200T7073a&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzcbhsabj3

And has the handy benefit of using your affiliate link in the URL. How kind.
E-Mail hosting on 13:24 - Jan 10 with 2704 viewsfooters

E-Mail hosting on 11:42 - Jan 10 by Burwell_Blue

I have hundreds of domain names. My top-tip, dont use

1and1
123-REG
GoDaddy
Hostgator

to register it through. Use www.heartinternet.co.uk or https://krystal.co.uk only.

What are your reasons for not using those sites, Burwell? I've had mixed experiences with 123reg and GoDaddy and am in the market for a couple of new domains.

Just curious.

E-Mail hosting on 13:25 - Jan 10 with 2700 viewsNo9

E-Mail hosting on 13:22 - Jan 10 by Burwell_Blue

And has the handy benefit of using your affiliate link in the URL. How kind.

Please explain in simple word to a non IT bloke
E-Mail hosting on 13:33 - Jan 10 with 2683 viewsblue62

I would recommend Gmail. We use it for our business and always been good. Just one address you can get for free, not until you need large amounts of storage then it will start to cost a bit.

Domain names you can buy online, we use DomainMonster which is part of 123 now, they are all much the same.

Holding page you may need the services of a developer for a holding page, adding your contact details, hosting and then pointing the domain to the web page.

Happy to share a couple of local developers if you want to message me.
E-Mail hosting on 13:39 - Jan 10 with 2672 viewsBurwell_Blue

E-Mail hosting on 13:24 - Jan 10 by footers

What are your reasons for not using those sites, Burwell? I've had mixed experiences with 123reg and GoDaddy and am in the market for a couple of new domains.

Just curious.

123 charge a Tag transfer free if you wish to move to another hosting provider. As this is a free service, I take umbrage at how they can justify £20 for an automated process. That and their support is blooming awful.

GoDaddy own a lot of domain registration companies in the UK, including my suggested alternative, Heart Internet, however they again have awful customer service in case things go wrong. They are too damn big for their own good and there are no UK staff.

With Krystal or Heart, you have a problem, you pick up the phone and chat to someone in the UK within seconds, no hidden charges or fees, everything nice and easy.
E-Mail hosting on 13:41 - Jan 10 with 2667 viewswkj

Depending on your business consider your email very very carefully indeed, actually read the Ts and Cs. Having a personalised domain name is one thing, but if you are going to be dealing with sensitive information, a lot of personal information, you will want to investigate getting a private email server more so than just an email provider.

You get what you pay for in this case, and is is often the case that the cheaper your online service, the less control you have of your stored information.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

E-Mail hosting on 13:42 - Jan 10 with 2661 viewsTIB

When I started Away Days someone on here recommended Krystal Hosting. They’ve been brilliant and any issues they’ve been super quick to respond / help.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

E-Mail hosting on 13:46 - Jan 10 with 2654 viewsfooters

E-Mail hosting on 13:39 - Jan 10 by Burwell_Blue

123 charge a Tag transfer free if you wish to move to another hosting provider. As this is a free service, I take umbrage at how they can justify £20 for an automated process. That and their support is blooming awful.

GoDaddy own a lot of domain registration companies in the UK, including my suggested alternative, Heart Internet, however they again have awful customer service in case things go wrong. They are too damn big for their own good and there are no UK staff.

With Krystal or Heart, you have a problem, you pick up the phone and chat to someone in the UK within seconds, no hidden charges or fees, everything nice and easy.

Appreciate the advice, ta.

Was actually going to buy a couple this afternoon through either one of those, but think I'll take your advice and go with your suggestions.

GoDaddy's customer support is, as you say, awful. Never had to deal with 123's customer service though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024