Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Text message from my brother 17:21 - Jan 10 with 4277 viewsMenton

(Ex season ticket-holder, moved away a few years back...

“In Ipswich. Just walked past Portman Road. Really scruffy now. Peeling paint. Unswept leaves. Sad.”

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Text message from my brother on 17:23 - Jan 10 with 4221 viewsMrTown

is he a handyman trying to get a bit of work?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Text message from my brother on 17:24 - Jan 10 with 4215 viewsKeno

Text message from my brother on 17:23 - Jan 10 by MrTown

is he a handyman trying to get a bit of work?

no he's a right back hoping for a game

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Text message from my brother on 17:30 - Jan 10 with 4166 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've always said, if there is one major issue that this football club is facing, its unswept leaves.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Text message from my brother on 17:32 - Jan 10 with 4151 viewsMrTown

Text message from my brother on 17:24 - Jan 10 by Keno

no he's a right back hoping for a game

On loan?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Text message from my brother on 17:33 - Jan 10 with 4147 viewsSE1blue

If he put that to country music, I reckon he could have a number one.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Text message from my brother on 17:34 - Jan 10 with 4134 viewsSwansea_Blue

Text message from my brother on 17:30 - Jan 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

I've always said, if there is one major issue that this football club is facing, its unswept leaves.

We need a new broom at the club

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Text message from my brother on 17:36 - Jan 10 with 4112 viewsKeno

Text message from my brother on 17:32 - Jan 10 by MrTown

On loan?

in the words of Gilbert O'Sullivan "a loan again, naturally"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Text message from my brother on 17:43 - Jan 10 with 4061 viewsArthur_Hayes

We need to play a sweeper...
Login to get fewer ads

Text message from my brother on 18:08 - Jan 10 with 3957 viewsfactual_blue

Text message from my brother on 17:36 - Jan 10 by Keno

in the words of Gilbert O'Sullivan "a loan again, naturally"

Back in the early '70s, my cousin's husband (he is no longer with us), set off into Bury St Edmunds to buy a Gilbert O'Sullivan LP, probably from Woolworths.

He came back with 'The Songs of Gilbert and Sullivan', bless him.

(He was a norwich supporter).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Alright, alright, point taken. Thought it was worth a mention on 18:14 - Jan 10 with 3925 viewsMenton

I’ll come back stronger

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Text message from my brother on 18:17 - Jan 10 with 3907 viewsLeagueOne

Portman Road does look unloved, but it reflects Ipswich as a whole these days. It was never the most up market of places but with all the incomers and development it closer resembles Harlow than most of Suffolk at the moment. the Town Centre offers nothing inspiring either.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Text message from my brother on 18:18 - Jan 10 with 3892 viewsSpruceMoose

Text message from my brother on 18:17 - Jan 10 by LeagueOne

Portman Road does look unloved, but it reflects Ipswich as a whole these days. It was never the most up market of places but with all the incomers and development it closer resembles Harlow than most of Suffolk at the moment. the Town Centre offers nothing inspiring either.

If only Suffolk County Council didn't dump on Ipswich and neglect it at every opportunity. Still, got to keep all those Tory voters in Woodbridge happy though ammirite?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Text message from my brother on 18:22 - Jan 10 with 3875 viewsLeagueOne

Text message from my brother on 18:18 - Jan 10 by SpruceMoose

If only Suffolk County Council didn't dump on Ipswich and neglect it at every opportunity. Still, got to keep all those Tory voters in Woodbridge happy though ammirite?

What about Ipswich Borough Council, and the MP's which have mostly been Labour for decades doing f'all for the Town. There are some Labour Councillors in Ipswich that don't even live in the areas they represent and are there for just political purposes, red or blue, they've all made the Town a dump.

It's almost incentivised failure for some of those Councillors who just blame whatever problems on another Party rather than do anything about it.

Useless toss pots the lot of them.

Text message from my brother on 18:28 - Jan 10 with 3832 viewsSpruceMoose

Text message from my brother on 18:22 - Jan 10 by LeagueOne

What about Ipswich Borough Council, and the MP's which have mostly been Labour for decades doing f'all for the Town. There are some Labour Councillors in Ipswich that don't even live in the areas they represent and are there for just political purposes, red or blue, they've all made the Town a dump.

It's almost incentivised failure for some of those Councillors who just blame whatever problems on another Party rather than do anything about it.

Useless toss pots the lot of them.

What are Ipswich MPs supposed to do with the fook all funding that Tory governments have given them?

Take a walk round Holywells Park, or Christchurch or maybe attend the whole summer of events that IBC put on across the calendar year to see what has been achieved with next to nothing. Not creating an Ipswich/Felixstowe Unitary council was a missed opportunity for the town.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 18:31]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Text message from my brother on 18:30 - Jan 10 with 3821 viewsHerbivore

Is he Donald Trump?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Text message from my brother on 18:51 - Jan 10 with 3712 viewsPositivelyPortman

Very Trumpesque - sad!!

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Text message from my brother on 20:06 - Jan 10 with 3528 viewsmrshallisfit

What is Hoss doing in Ipswich?
Text message from my brother on 20:46 - Jan 10 with 3362 viewsWestSussexBlue

I bet there’s not a single leaf blowing around Anfield currently,
Text message from my brother on 20:47 - Jan 10 with 3356 viewsSpruceMoose

Text message from my brother on 20:46 - Jan 10 by WestSussexBlue

I bet there’s not a single leaf blowing around Anfield currently,

Even ignoring the massive difference in budgets between us and Liverpool, I bet there is outside, which is the area you would see if you were wandering by.

Text message from my brother on 22:49 - Jan 10 with 3101 viewsEwan_Oozami

Text message from my brother on 18:18 - Jan 10 by SpruceMoose

Indeed, they're all going to the permanent gridlock around Martlesham M&S and Next

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Text message from my brother on 23:36 - Jan 10 with 2998 viewsstonojnr

Text message from my brother on 18:28 - Jan 10 by SpruceMoose

What are Ipswich MPs supposed to do with the fook all funding that Tory governments have given them?

Take a walk round Holywells Park, or Christchurch or maybe attend the whole summer of events that IBC put on across the calendar year to see what has been achieved with next to nothing. Not creating an Ipswich/Felixstowe Unitary council was a missed opportunity for the town.

they just spent 3million on a water feature for the Cornhill, you might question how it cost that much, but is this like the Evans doesnt spend any money meme or something ?

as theyve got another 3 million they want to spend doing somewhere else, for which theres a public survey calling for people to provide suggestions, why not fill it in https://www.ipswich.gov.uk/shape-our-town

better still if any of you think you can do better than the local councillors, theres a local election in May, put yourself forward as candidates, be the change you want rather than moan change doesnt happen
Text message from my brother on 00:18 - Jan 11 with 2919 viewsLeagueOne

Text message from my brother on 18:28 - Jan 10 by SpruceMoose

Labour were in Government 13 years and nothing improved. Your doing exactly what they do! Just take at the solidly Labour Chantry estate, it's like any other dump in England, no one improves Ipswich red or blue. Local Councillors never seen. They are a shambles.

Text message from my brother on 09:58 - Jan 11 with 2599 viewsSlambo

Text message from my brother on 18:17 - Jan 10 by LeagueOne

Do you actually live in Ipswich..?! The way some people drone on you'd think it was Aleppo. Every single person i've ever brought to the place is surprised by how nice it is, probably because they were expecting a dystopian concrete hell-hole, an image that people like yourself persistently give to the outside world. Then there's your little use of the word "incomers", aka them dirty, swarthy foreigners, as if they're to blame for whatever perceived tragedy that's befallen the town. There's been plenty of development: the Waterfront is stunning, there's a freshly minted university, construction of the Hold, set to be the biggest archive in Suffolk, not to mention the exhibiting of one of the finest pieces of sculpture known to Man at Christchurch mansion...

Yes, Ipswich faces challenges, as do even more vaunted towns and cities. High street retailers are suffering (both independent and national chains). Sainsbury's pay proportionately much smaller business rates for their superstore out on Warren Heath than they do in their metro store in the town centre. Why..?! Probably because they're a massive corporation and such an arrangement is best for their bottom line. And until we have a government that will stand up to the selfish interests of Big Business, that's how it's going to be. Ditto online retail. Internet shopping's able to undercut bricks and mortar shops because they pay minimal business rates and tax...

So in the face of these challenges I'd say Ipswich is fighting the good fight. Perhaps you should start recognising that...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Text message from my brother on 11:02 - Jan 11 with 2530 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just out of interest, and id be happy to donate to it

But we've had pages created for tickets etc

Why don't we do a donation page to get somethings done at PR. Why not, afterall every little helps

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024