Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now 19:07 - Jan 10 with 2067 viewswkj

Which Lambert has reminded me of in his recent comments is that there has been a patern between all managers hired by ME up until Hurst.

How many players have we simply let go, and not sold, let their contracts lapse, or shipped off to another club for free.

Keane, Jewell and Mick all let a lot of talent go this way, and I have to say I get the vibe that Lambert is most astonished by that running practice more than anything Evans investment related.

Lambert could be one of the most important managers we've ever had if he is indeed trying to buck that trend, and actually generate revenue rather than let it all slip away.

For all the pelters Evans gets on here, it does highlight to me one of his bigger issues has been managers letting assets trickle away rather than recouping costs to try and spend more as CAPEX (capital expenditure), Evans has been plugging most of it in OPEX (operating expenditure).

Evans' isn't blameless of course, but it does make you think how big the lack of having a football minded executive has been for our woes.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 19:10]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 19:28 - Jan 10 with 1988 viewsbackwaywhen

Said kind of the same on here myself .... no proper football club knowledge from Evans & Milne leading to senarios as you describe, needed someone from the moment he took over .
One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 23:08 - Jan 10 with 1781 viewsEwan_Oozami

That's true to some extent, we have generated money from player sales in the past 10 years, but these have been the more high (relatively speaking) multi-million ones, (pre-Hurst) Walters, Wickham, Mings, Cresswell, (post-Hurst) Garner, Webster, Waghorn.

Having had a look here:

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/ipswich-town/english-football-teams/ipswich-tow

what seems to happen is we seem to either cash in big on players that we've added value to or nurtured as youngsters, but not got anything at all on players who still have some value (though probably below 500k) - that's all very well but you're relying on those big sales to keep the money coming in - and you get a lot of player churn - it's not a sustainable long term strategy as Lambert has alluded to in his interviews

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 23:20 - Jan 10 with 1747 viewsSwansea_Blue

Generate revenue? He’s brought in a load of loans and short term contracts to replace those on long trrm deals, who Hurst spent several millions on, meaning the later are likely to end up surplus to requirements and sold off cheaply. Much like PJ did.

For all his faults, Mick beats all of the others hands down for spotting potential in cheap/unfavourable players.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 01:06 - Jan 11 with 1620 viewsHARRY10

biggest issues ?

Or in realiy it has been a long running problem that Evans is directly to blame for.

If there has been money lost over this matter (ishhoooo) then why has Evans not taken steps to either stop it or at least reduce the loss ?

What this does actually suggest it is not a mistake on the part of any manager - but one of the person who is not only in ultimate control, but is the only one factor in every case
One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 06:48 - Jan 11 with 1501 viewsbadadski

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 01:06 - Jan 11 by HARRY10

biggest issues ?

Or in realiy it has been a long running problem that Evans is directly to blame for.

If there has been money lost over this matter (ishhoooo) then why has Evans not taken steps to either stop it or at least reduce the loss ?

What this does actually suggest it is not a mistake on the part of any manager - but one of the person who is not only in ultimate control, but is the only one factor in every case

Here is the thing though, the players that left only became assets once they had gone. Without leaving they wouldn't have been playing and therefor would have had no value.

After leaving and being given the opportunities to prove them selves of which lots did, only then did they become assets.

So our problem was not giving these players opportunities and playing loans instead even when most of the support could see blatantly that these were good players. Why is this?
One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 06:51 - Jan 11 with 1496 viewsEly_Blue

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 06:48 - Jan 11 by badadski

Here is the thing though, the players that left only became assets once they had gone. Without leaving they wouldn't have been playing and therefor would have had no value.

After leaving and being given the opportunities to prove them selves of which lots did, only then did they become assets.

So our problem was not giving these players opportunities and playing loans instead even when most of the support could see blatantly that these were good players. Why is this?

You mean like McGoldrick?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 07:02 - Jan 11 with 1467 viewsbadadski

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 06:51 - Jan 11 by Ely_Blue

You mean like McGoldrick?

Mcgoldrick I have no qualms about leaving. He was a talented guy, lovely to watch and was given opportunities. He wasn't a player that could be relied upon due to his injuries. In the end these depleted his value until we had no hold on him or to make him want to stay due to the constant travelling.

The players I am referencing are the obvious Rhodes, marriott, hourian and a few other youngsters etc
One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 07:07 - Jan 11 with 1453 viewsEly_Blue

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 07:02 - Jan 11 by badadski

Mcgoldrick I have no qualms about leaving. He was a talented guy, lovely to watch and was given opportunities. He wasn't a player that could be relied upon due to his injuries. In the end these depleted his value until we had no hold on him or to make him want to stay due to the constant travelling.

The players I am referencing are the obvious Rhodes, marriott, hourian and a few other youngsters etc

So some selected ones that suit your narrative?

Why not McGoldrick? After all we let him go for free when we could have sold him for £7-8m!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 07:14 - Jan 11 with 1439 viewsbontcho

I think this is because there’s been a vacuum above the manager. I’m hoping this is part of Lee O’Neill’s remit - ie have a more coherent recruitment strategy that out lasts the manager.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 07:17 - Jan 11 with 1424 viewsBenters2

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 07:07 - Jan 11 by Ely_Blue

Why not McGoldrick? After all we let him go for free when we could have sold him for £7-8m!

He is seems fit now,and is banging them in for fun.
One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 07:31 - Jan 11 with 1382 viewsbadadski

One thing that doesn't get mentioned on here much now on 07:07 - Jan 11 by Ely_Blue

I have stated why with mcgoldrick, Liam trotter is another probably matty Clarke also.

Mcgoldrick had the value until his injury of which after, became too much of an expensive Gamble of would he be fit or wouldn't he and started to look mythed by others around him outperforming him like Murphy.

Also the selection of players to suit the narrative is kind of the point surely, I provide an opinion and back it up with fact? If you don't risk playing them atleast for a few games then you don't know if they will sink or swim.

We have talent in the youth set up now. More than I can ever remember but think a few won't be given the time to shine and will go on to become better players.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 7:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024