Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell needs games badly 19:45 - Jan 10 with 2281 viewswkj

Regularly too, but he isn't ready for this level week in and week out in my opinion. If the transfer rumours arf are not true, Skuse, Huws, Bishop all coming back into it, then surely he should be going out on loan as a matter of priority.

[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 19:47]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:04 - Jan 10 with 2241 viewsfloridaboy

Totally agree. Well down the pecking order for me. His way of playing will not help up for the last half of the season. Plus rather lightweight for me.

Needs to go down to League 1 for game time although if he apparent wages - £10k a week - which I don't believe, could be a stumbling block unless the Town offer to pay the bulk of it.

£10k a week for a squad player of that age is obscene IMHO.
Dozzell needs games badly on 20:16 - Jan 10 with 2214 viewsSuperblue95

Can you imagine the meltdown on here if we loaned out Dozzell. He’s better than Messi don’t you realise?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:17 - Jan 10 with 2212 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:04 - Jan 10 by floridaboy

Totally agree. Well down the pecking order for me. His way of playing will not help up for the last half of the season. Plus rather lightweight for me.

Needs to go down to League 1 for game time although if he apparent wages - £10k a week - which I don't believe, could be a stumbling block unless the Town offer to pay the bulk of it.

£10k a week for a squad player of that age is obscene IMHO.

We have no idea what his wage is.

Even if it was £10k... if town felt the only way for him to get games was a loan.... his wages would simply not be an issue.

Would you rather pay £10k per week (if he was on that) for him to sit in the U23's, or let someone take him on loan and pay a proportion of his wages.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:36 - Jan 10 with 2179 viewsxrayspecs

He is not physically ready for Championship football. The problem is that the lower down the leagues you go, it gets no less physical, arguably more.

Age group football is fine but you are playing against boys. Senior football is a different game. He needs to work on his strength and conditioning before he is ready to play senior football.

Within a given age group, players can be up to four years apart in physical development. He looks like he is a late developer. Time and patience are needed not a loan move.
Dozzell needs games badly on 20:39 - Jan 10 with 2170 viewsArnieM

Dozzell CLEARLY needs to go out on loan. He’s actually not up to the physicality of the Championship. Over the coming summer he needs to get in that gym and beef up. He’s far too lightweight.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:48 - Jan 10 with 2148 viewsEly_Blue

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:39 - Jan 10 by ArnieM

Dozzell CLEARLY needs to go out on loan. He’s actually not up to the physicality of the Championship. Over the coming summer he needs to get in that gym and beef up. He’s far too lightweight.

He needs to bulk up like Downes did last summer and Bishop did previously too

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:50 - Jan 10 with 2145 viewsSpruceMoose

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:48 - Jan 10 by Ely_Blue

He needs to bulk up like Downes did last summer and Bishop did previously too

Some youth players seem to go from weedy spotty kids in May then come back in August and muscled up manhulks with full sleeve tattoos and giant quiffs.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:53 - Jan 10 with 2138 viewsBrixtonBlue

Seems I'm going to be a lone voice in this thread but no way would I be sending him out on loan. I'd be playing him (perhaps not every week but certainly regularly). I disagree that he's physically not up to the Championship as well.

It's also nonsense, IMO, that he's "well down the pecking order." What?! Against who?! Nolan? Ward? Do me a favour!

And no, I don't think he's Messi.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:58 - Jan 10 with 2125 viewsxrayspecs

Sorry, that is wrong. A loan is not going to help him, something that MM and PH also recognised.

I watch quite a lot of lower league football and if you are not physically capable, then you will get bullied out of the game.

AD needs to be given time to mature physically and then add in strength and conditioning so that he can compete with players older than him.

He has the ability, his body needs to catch up.
Dozzell needs games badly on 21:23 - Jan 10 with 2084 viewswkj

Dozzell needs games badly on 20:53 - Jan 10 by BrixtonBlue

Seems I'm going to be a lone voice in this thread but no way would I be sending him out on loan. I'd be playing him (perhaps not every week but certainly regularly). I disagree that he's physically not up to the Championship as well.

It's also nonsense, IMO, that he's "well down the pecking order." What?! Against who?! Nolan? Ward? Do me a favour!

Alas Dolly, this is not a question of is he good enough or not, as much as it is, he needs regular competitive games which does not seem to be likely under Lambert, nor does it seem likely in the immediate future.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:28]

Crybaby

Dozzell needs games badly on 21:31 - Jan 10 with 2073 viewsstrikalite

No you're not, he simply hasn't got enough decent players around him, in the Prem ball retention is far better, more options...going down a League imo wouldn't be that beneficial to him..
Dozzell needs games badly on 21:50 - Jan 10 with 2035 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

This is why I can’t understand if PL clubs are willing to pay £5 million. He’s too lightweight and I can’t see him doing anything in the premier league. Like others before, talk of a great prospect which I doubt he’ll ever be
Dozzell needs games badly on 21:52 - Jan 10 with 2029 viewswkj

Dozzell needs games badly on 21:50 - Jan 10 by backwiththeboysagain

This is why I can’t understand if PL clubs are willing to pay £5 million. He’s too lightweight and I can’t see him doing anything in the premier league. Like others before, talk of a great prospect which I doubt he’ll ever be

I question his transfer value after losing 1 year of development time and already having a nasty ACL injury - He isn't no knackered pony by no means, but you cant help but think elite clubs have a detailed criteria they follow when poachin... recruiting

Crybaby

Dozzell needs games badly on 22:14 - Jan 10 with 1997 viewsxrayspecs

Dozzell needs games badly on 21:50 - Jan 10 by backwiththeboysagain

It is speculation. I suspect they are not.

Spurs paid good money for Dele All (£3m without checking) but he had been ripping it up in adult football.

Until AD does this, then he is potential and a punt, not a serious big money buy.

Cresswell, Mings, Wickham in recent times but you can go back to Ambrose, Bent, Wright, Dyer all bossed it at this level before moving onward and upwards for big money.

AD has done nothing at this level to be considered alongside those who have gone before. He needs time to adjust and step up. We should be patient.
Dozzell needs games badly on 22:15 - Jan 10 with 1993 viewsStokieBlue

That can't possibly be right.

Hurst said that was the cases and we all know what followed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dozzell needs games badly on 22:25 - Jan 10 with 1963 viewsBlueBadger

I think he'd be far better off toughening up, getting games regularly in a confident top-half lower league side rather than intermittently here with us, rock bottom, scrapping for our lives and bottomed-out confidence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dozzell needs games badly on 22:46 - Jan 10 with 1921 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dozzell needs games badly on 21:23 - Jan 10 by wkj

Alas Dolly, this is not a question of is he good enough or not, as much as it is, he needs regular competitive games which does not seem to be likely under Lambert, nor does it seem likely in the immediate future.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:28]

Well, if it's likely under Lambert is another question. But I also quite like the idea of throwing him on as something 'a bit different' - to try and unlock a stubborn defence with one of those clever passes no-one else sees.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024