Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle 11:32 - Jan 11 with 7264 viewsMaySixth

a whinging, moaning, truly tinpot attitude which has carried on for ages since

it would be highly amusing if we got their golden boy Judge off them

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 11:34 - Jan 11 with 6225 viewsRobTheMonk

Didn't one of their players then try and 'do' Hyam over towards the end of the first half? I seem to remember Luke Varney having some stern words?! r did I dream that haha!?
Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 11:35 - Jan 11 with 6216 viewsBluefish

He is a long way from still being their golden boy. I think Douglas was more of a golden by than judge is now. They are incredibly supportive of all of their players though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 13:27 - Jan 11 with 6023 viewsBasuco

We could get round 2 at Southend if we get relegated.
Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 13:29 - Jan 11 with 6005 viewsITFC_Forever

Judge would be a brilliant signing. Much more the sort of player we should be after.

It was Ryan Woods who led the rest of the Brentford players in ensuring Hyam was sent off later on, by deliberately chopping him down at every opportunity to provoke a reaction, which he promptly did. Poor management by Mick to leave Hyam on.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 13:34 - Jan 11 with 5979 viewsclive_baker

To be fair, a handful of melts on Twitter doesn’t represent a fan base. I dare say if the same thing happened to Bishop tomorrow there would be abuse aimed towards the perpetrator, even if replays suggested it was a well meaning attempt to play the ball.

Brentford’s a nice club, got a lot of time for all of their fans I’ve ever come across.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 13:41 - Jan 11 with 5954 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

That Watford fella (name escapes me) who maimed Jonny Williams is undesirable number 1 to all Ipswich fans though isn't he?

I've heard some rather inventive regaling of that particular challenge.. In fact I'm sure it was brought up on this forum fairly recently.
Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 13:41 - Jan 11 with 5947 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 13:29 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Forever

Judge would be a brilliant signing. Much more the sort of player we should be after.

It was Ryan Woods who led the rest of the Brentford players in ensuring Hyam was sent off later on, by deliberately chopping him down at every opportunity to provoke a reaction, which he promptly did. Poor management by Mick to leave Hyam on.

We only sign The Oirish players.

Boo Clegg out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 13:51 - Jan 11 with 5922 viewsWithnail

Don't mention the Brentford. The SI snowflake will be back in theorpy.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 17:58 - Jan 11 with 5758 viewspatrickswell

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 13:41 - Jan 11 by King_of_Portman_Rd

That Watford fella (name escapes me) who maimed Jonny Williams is undesirable number 1 to all Ipswich fans though isn't he?

I've heard some rather inventive regaling of that particular challenge.. In fact I'm sure it was brought up on this forum fairly recently.

Joel Ekstrand was the Watford player who chopped Williams down. Karma came back to bite him in the Chaplow fixture when he cleared the ball with no-one near him and somehow managed to injure his cruciate ligament.
Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 18:03 - Jan 11 with 5747 viewsRadlett_blue

"Golden Boy"?
He's struggled to get into their team & presumably is interested in moving because Brentford won't be offering him a new deal.
I hope he's a better bet than signing the 33 years old Jonathan Douglas.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 20:47 - Jan 11 with 5561 viewsSW_LondonBlue

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 13:29 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Forever

It was Alan McCormack the captain. Every time off the ball he chased, nudged and kicked Hyam. A right c*ck. Woods just moaned at the ref and tried to get hyam a 2nd booking ... which worked
on 21:25 - Jan 11 with 5486 views_

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 20:47 - Jan 11 by SW_LondonBlue

It was Alan McCormack the captain. Every time off the ball he chased, nudged and kicked Hyam. A right c*ck. Woods just moaned at the ref and tried to get hyam a 2nd booking ... which worked

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 23:32 - Jan 11 with 5305 viewsshamboy

on 21:25 - Jan 11 by _

It was a vile and cowardly foul challenge by Hyam. No dispute.

But Alan Judge did get booed by a small number of his own fans when he came on at Portman Road in the 1-1 draw. He has never got back to where he was pre-Hyam.
on 07:02 - Jan 12 with 5140 views_

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 23:32 - Jan 11 by shamboy

But Alan Judge did get booed by a small number of his own fans when he came on at Portman Road in the 1-1 draw. He has never got back to where he was pre-Hyam.

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 07:20 - Jan 12 with 5107 viewsshamboy

on 07:02 - Jan 12 by _

You do not hit someone like that from his blindside without intending to injure.
Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 07:22 - Jan 12 with 5098 viewswkj

First few seconds of this clip if anyone needs reminding; it wasn't a great tackle in my opinion - I can see why the Brentford fans weren't pleased.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 08:30 - Jan 12 with 4986 viewsartsbossbeard

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 23:32 - Jan 11 by shamboy

Wrong. Nothing wrong with that challenge whatsoever. Hard and fair.

He wasn't out of control, he wasn't high, he wasn't late.

The most pious in all of this were town fans who rounded on one of their own. That's proper tinpot behaviour.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

on 09:22 - Jan 12 with 4885 views_

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 07:20 - Jan 12 by shamboy

You do not hit someone like that from his blindside without intending to injure.

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 10:18 - Jan 12 with 4796 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 07:20 - Jan 12 by shamboy

I'm not sure you've ever played football. Judge had turned and unfortunately for him had planted his front foot when Hyam came in.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 10:31 - Jan 12 with 4766 viewsPJH

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 08:30 - Jan 12 by artsbossbeard

Wrong. Nothing wrong with that challenge whatsoever. Hard and fair.

He wasn't out of control, he wasn't high, he wasn't late.

The most pious in all of this were town fans who rounded on one of their own. That's proper tinpot behaviour.

I very rarely disagree with you and your first line sums up a very good 1970's tackle but as things are in this day and age I thought at the time that Hyam should have got a red and I have not changed my mind.

It wasn't high or late but not sure that he was in control and it seemed like what used to be a very good ball and man in no particular order tackle but is now outlawed.

I don't think that I am pious or tinpot and I am not rounding on someone that was one of our own, just looked like it should have been a straight red to me and I said so on here at the time when opinions were split.
on 10:38 - Jan 12 with 4751 views_

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 10:31 - Jan 12 by PJH

I very rarely disagree with you and your first line sums up a very good 1970's tackle but as things are in this day and age I thought at the time that Hyam should have got a red and I have not changed my mind.

It wasn't high or late but not sure that he was in control and it seemed like what used to be a very good ball and man in no particular order tackle but is now outlawed.

I don't think that I am pious or tinpot and I am not rounding on someone that was one of our own, just looked like it should have been a straight red to me and I said so on here at the time when opinions were split.

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 10:44 - Jan 12 with 4738 viewsPJH

on 10:38 - Jan 12 by _

I would say because of the excessive force, which I think it was.
As I said it was an everyday 1970's tackle but not the sort of tackle that is (rightly or wrongly) allowed now.
I thought at the time that it was going to be and should be a red(as things now are)and I am not changing my mind.
I think probably the majority on here do not think it was a red but there you go.
on 10:49 - Jan 12 with 4724 views_

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 10:44 - Jan 12 by PJH

I would say because of the excessive force, which I think it was.
As I said it was an everyday 1970's tackle but not the sort of tackle that is (rightly or wrongly) allowed now.
I thought at the time that it was going to be and should be a red(as things now are)and I am not changing my mind.
I think probably the majority on here do not think it was a red but there you go.

Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 10:58 - Jan 12 with 4710 viewsPJH

on 10:49 - Jan 12 by _

I don't think your first point is right because the ref booked him so saw the incident and did not deem it to be a red card in his opinion which on the day is the only opinion that really matters.

We are not going to agree-I thought and still think it should have been a red.
Brentford fanbase were so pious after that Hyam tackle on 11:20 - Jan 12 with 4651 viewsm14_blue

That’s nonsense. Absolutely no chance Hyam was trying to hurt him and it’s bang out of order to suggest he was.

Some sympathy with PJH’s view, although I’m not sure I agree, but to suggest he deliberately injured someone is ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024