Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More 'blubbing' about gambling here 12:19 - Jan 11 with 1830 viewsSteve_M

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/11/people-dying-campaign-gambling-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 12:24 - Jan 11 with 1811 viewsIpswich24

obviously not a problem for people CAN gamble responsibly. Unfortunately there are many of us out there who can't!

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 12:32 - Jan 11 with 1790 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Someone posted the other day that gambling is this countries blind spot currently - I have to agree

Significant changes need to be made ASAP IMO, as it’s only getting worse

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 12:41 - Jan 11 with 1765 viewsRyorry

Who has "blubbed" about gambling?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:41 - Jan 11 with 1675 viewsSteve_M

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 12:41 - Jan 11 by Ryorry

Who has "blubbed" about gambling?

Well, apparently, anyone who expressed a contrary opinion on the Magical Vegas sponsorship.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:47 - Jan 11 with 1666 viewsjjblue84

If you pretend gambling is a 'disease', then you will get a lot more of it!
More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:49 - Jan 11 with 1665 viewsLeagueOne

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:41 - Jan 11 by Steve_M

Well, apparently, anyone who expressed a contrary opinion on the Magical Vegas sponsorship.

They are just taking pops at anyone over anything now, pure trolling, no intelect behind them or their posts. They're poed that they have most of the season wrong and are taking it out on other posters.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:50 - Jan 11 with 1661 viewsJ2BLUE

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:41 - Jan 11 by Steve_M

To be fair, the reaction was massively OTT. I understand the objections, but it was OTT.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:52 - Jan 11 with 1650 viewsSpruceMoose

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 12:32 - Jan 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Someone posted the other day that gambling is this countries blind spot currently - I have to agree

Significant changes need to be made ASAP IMO, as it’s only getting worse

That was me. Remember me when it comes to the 2019 POTY vote.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 15:24 - Jan 11 with 1617 viewsLeagueOne

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:50 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

To be fair, the reaction was massively OTT. I understand the objections, but it was OTT.

A bit like being saying we'd be 20 points clear of relegation after signing a load of third division players then?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 15:29 - Jan 11 with 1607 viewsJ2BLUE

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 15:24 - Jan 11 by LeagueOne

A bit like being saying we'd be 20 points clear of relegation after signing a load of third division players then?

That was a failed prediction. Not exactly like reacting with pure rage over something is it?

Well shoehorned though. You keep furiously tugging yourself off to the thought of relegation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 15:30 - Jan 11 with 1605 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:52 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

That was me. Remember me when it comes to the 2019 POTY vote.

Too early I’m afraid, should have saved it for December 30th

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 16:44 - Jan 11 with 1573 viewsSuperfrans

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 14:50 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

Me too.

Gambling is much too ingrained in the sport right now. I can totally understand how people who, in my day as a teenager getting into football, would never have placed a bet, might now use one of the apps and special deals and find themselves reeled in. Football is swilling in money and should consider its part in adding to the gambling addiction in this country.

But, ITFC is not swilling in cash and has to compete with everyone else to keep its head above water. It could take the moral high ground (as it arguably has over FFP) but risks damaging itself in doing so. It would be like refusing to engage in the ludicrous loan system, when everyone else is, and put itself at a disadvantage vs other clubs.

The best solution would be for Government or the FA to clamp down further on gambling sponsorship, so all clubs can pull out of it and nobody would be disadvantaged. When you have clubs like Stoke owned by the founders of Bet 365, The FA are unlikely to do anything any time soon though.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 17:15 - Jan 11 with 1539 viewsTrumptonBlue

I remain uncomfortable with having a betting company as our sponsor, and don't believe the money we received was worth it (the entire amount we are getting over three years was given to Shrewsbury for Nolan and Nsiala).

But my biggest blub was always about the state of the logo, and the shirts still look fricking horrendous.
More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 17:45 - Jan 11 with 1515 viewsRyorry

More 'blubbing' about gambling here on 16:44 - Jan 11 by Superfrans

Me too.

Gambling is much too ingrained in the sport right now. I can totally understand how people who, in my day as a teenager getting into football, would never have placed a bet, might now use one of the apps and special deals and find themselves reeled in. Football is swilling in money and should consider its part in adding to the gambling addiction in this country.

But, ITFC is not swilling in cash and has to compete with everyone else to keep its head above water. It could take the moral high ground (as it arguably has over FFP) but risks damaging itself in doing so. It would be like refusing to engage in the ludicrous loan system, when everyone else is, and put itself at a disadvantage vs other clubs.

The best solution would be for Government or the FA to clamp down further on gambling sponsorship, so all clubs can pull out of it and nobody would be disadvantaged. When you have clubs like Stoke owned by the founders of Bet 365, The FA are unlikely to do anything any time soon though.

For me it's the moving pitch perimeter ads which are the worst. Shirt images are something you get so used to after a while that you simply don't "see" them any more. but you can't avoid the deliberately intrusive constant presence of the moving perimeter ones. As I said on CHIAP's thread, the latter normalise gambling for all watching, including - actually, especially - young kids.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024