Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future 12:56 - Jan 11 with 8929 viewsGavTWTD

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11604479/paul-hurst-reflects-on-ip

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 14:57 - Jan 11 with 1871 viewsOxford_Blue

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:50 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

Hurst clearly doesn't think that the current situation is his fault. I disagree. Odd that Lambert is being talked about in the media as if he is failing too when really he inherited a rubbish side that had a losing mentality. Even after this window it will be a squad full of loans etc to try and get out of this situation. Lambert can't really be judged until next Christmas IMO if he stays. This window has tied his hands. I hope he stays and gets the chance to build his own team.

He’s hardly going to admit it in a public forum is he?

He wants another role.

I suspect privately he accepts he made some errors.
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:21 - Jan 11 with 1829 viewsLeagueOne

In short - Hands off owner unwilling to fully commit to Hursts vision of the club - he comes off the better man in this interview. Who knows if he'd have been able to get results PL hasn't had he stayed. Seems he felt players were sold from under him he wanted to keep too.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:24 - Jan 11 with 1816 viewsartsbossbeard

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:21 - Jan 11 by LeagueOne

In short - Hands off owner unwilling to fully commit to Hursts vision of the club - he comes off the better man in this interview. Who knows if he'd have been able to get results PL hasn't had he stayed. Seems he felt players were sold from under him he wanted to keep too.

That's bollox.

He had players who didn't want to play for him - confirmed.

He had coaches that couldn't work with him - confirmed.

He wants to get back into football and has used Sky as his mouthpiece.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 15:25]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:30 - Jan 11 with 1801 viewsReuser_is_God

"They have the 'no d**k-heads rule' and that's how it should be. There is no blaming someone else or messing about."

Didn't Hurst blame everyone but himself? Wasn't his assistant & best mate a d1ckhead?

Hurst is the ultimate talk a good game but do something completely different.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:51 - Jan 11 with 1758 viewsSteve_M

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:30 - Jan 11 by Reuser_is_God

"They have the 'no d**k-heads rule' and that's how it should be. There is no blaming someone else or messing about."

Didn't Hurst blame everyone but himself? Wasn't his assistant & best mate a d1ckhead?

Hurst is the ultimate talk a good game but do something completely different.

Well, quite. And sports science seems to have been a synonym for "lots of running".

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:52 - Jan 11 with 1754 viewsSpruceMoose

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:03 - Jan 11 by iamipswich

Fair play, I think he speaks well.

Would have been easy for him to say he was harshly treated and wasn't given enough time etc.

He was a disaster but maybe will be a success elsewhere.

"He was a disaster but maybe will be a success elsewhere."

He doesn't deserve to be. He destroyed us.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:55 - Jan 11 with 1744 viewsReuser_is_God

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:51 - Jan 11 by Steve_M

Well, quite. And sports science seems to have been a synonym for "lots of running".

Which I don't think we done a lot of? Unless it was chasing our own shadows.

I could see his famous high press which was the talk of pre-season was a complete myth 20 minutes into the Blackburn game.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:56 - Jan 11 with 1742 viewsbluephil021

I for one didn't think he was the right person for the job; his signings were naive at best, but he does raise a very valid point that we do not have the budjet to be a championship side we are at best league 1 team.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 16:03 - Jan 11 with 1731 viewsSteve_M

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:55 - Jan 11 by Reuser_is_God

Which I don't think we done a lot of? Unless it was chasing our own shadows.

I could see his famous high press which was the talk of pre-season was a complete myth 20 minutes into the Blackburn game.

There were bits of it, second half against Villa with 10 men was very good. Sheffield Wednesday away, we had a good shape for 70 minutes and then got knackered, even before the red card and also the second half against Brentford. The 20 minutes after half-time at Norwich was the most intense, high-energy stuff we managed under Hurst - could kind of see what he wanted to do in that period despite the disjointed nature of the game.

That was about it though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 16:04 - Jan 11 with 1722 viewsNo9

Thanks Nav, doesn't;t that show PH's ability as a PR man?
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 16:12 - Jan 11 with 1696 viewsHerbivore

Not a bad person, could still do an alright job at a certain level, but he was miles out of his depth here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 17:07 - Jan 11 with 1650 viewsGarv

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 15:52 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

"He was a disaster but maybe will be a success elsewhere."

He doesn't deserve to be. He destroyed us.

Destroyed?

We've sleepwalked to relegation.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 17:22 - Jan 11 with 1634 viewsHerbivore

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 17:07 - Jan 11 by Garv

Destroyed?

We've sleepwalked to relegation.

He took a mid table side and made us relegation fodder. Destroyed isn't far off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024