Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future 12:56 - Jan 11 with 8928 viewsGavTWTD

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11604479/paul-hurst-reflects-on-ip

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:03 - Jan 11 with 6923 viewsiamipswich

Fair play, I think he speaks well.

Would have been easy for him to say he was harshly treated and wasn't given enough time etc.

He was a disaster but maybe will be a success elsewhere.

Poll: Who will return first?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:06 - Jan 11 with 6850 viewspositivity

surprisingly non-bitter, could easily have done a mick mccarthy and revelled in our struggles. sure he'll be a success again elsewhere

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:07 - Jan 11 with 6823 viewsagentp

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:06 - Jan 11 by positivity

surprisingly non-bitter, could easily have done a mick mccarthy and revelled in our struggles. sure he'll be a success again elsewhere

You would be right if you weren't so wrong.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:09 - Jan 11 with 6793 viewsBluefish

FOPH

Not quite the same ring to it as FORK but anyway still applies

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:10 - Jan 11 with 6764 viewshatch

“Paul has also brought more new faces to the club, which I would have liked to do in the January window.“ - the first 9 or 10 wasn’t enough then? (Well clearly not in hindsight)

Also, he (or the reporter) have managed to get a pre season trip to Spain confused with Portugal somehow.
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:11 - Jan 11 with 6761 viewsDevereuxxx

This interview just reinforces the point that a lack of someone behind Paul Hurst, such as an experienced Director of Football with input on transfers and the squad, was missing. Hurst was given too much power.

The quote "we lost Garner and Waghorn" is particularly jarring. Any DoF worth their salt knows you don't let too many experienced players leave in 1 window - whether they want to leave or not. They have contracts and it's up to the club to say "look, we need you to stay". And then this was followed by the naivety to replace them with lower league players.

I think Hurst will probably give it a good go at another club, but here he was given free-reign despite being unproven at this level. You can't blame him for trying to install his way of thinking around training, transfers, personnel - at least he has pretty much acknowledged it didn't work.
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:11 - Jan 11 with 6738 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

For a man who doesn't believe in excuses, I'm reading a lot of excuses here!
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:16 - Jan 11 with 6672 viewsSitfcB

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:10 - Jan 11 by hatch

“Paul has also brought more new faces to the club, which I would have liked to do in the January window.“ - the first 9 or 10 wasn’t enough then? (Well clearly not in hindsight)

Also, he (or the reporter) have managed to get a pre season trip to Spain confused with Portugal somehow.

He wanted to go to Portugal to play a couple of games but ended up with a warm weather training camp in Spain.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:21 - Jan 11 with 6561 viewshatch

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:16 - Jan 11 by SitfcB

He wanted to go to Portugal to play a couple of games but ended up with a warm weather training camp in Spain.

And an unforgettable victory over Scotland’s surprise package this season, Kilmarnock...
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:22 - Jan 11 with 6547 viewshatch

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:16 - Jan 11 by SitfcB

Also, the report states we actually ended up in Portugal.
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:22 - Jan 11 with 6532 viewsPJH

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:06 - Jan 11 by positivity

Please attach the link to where Mick McCarthy revel's in our troubles.
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:29 - Jan 11 with 6437 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:11 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Aylesbury

For a man who doesn't believe in excuses, I'm reading a lot of excuses here!

I like what he said, but he couldn't walk the talk in the time he was here. Much like Lambert in that regard so far.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:35 - Jan 11 with 6359 viewsITFC_Forever

The reporter has missed the point... Lambert has only gained the number of points he has due to the dross Hurst left him with.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:41 - Jan 11 with 6249 viewsFrimleyBlue

No comment

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:43 - Jan 11 with 6237 viewsartsbossbeard

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:41 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

No comment

Carry on.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:43 - Jan 11 with 6233 viewsbraveblue

Got to respect the way he handled that. I still think the quality we lost was more down to Evans cashing in than Hurst wanting to get rid.
Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:50 - Jan 11 with 6158 viewsJ2BLUE

Hurst clearly doesn't think that the current situation is his fault. I disagree. Odd that Lambert is being talked about in the media as if he is failing too when really he inherited a rubbish side that had a losing mentality. Even after this window it will be a squad full of loans etc to try and get out of this situation. Lambert can't really be judged until next Christmas IMO if he stays. This window has tied his hands. I hope he stays and gets the chance to build his own team.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:53 - Jan 11 with 6106 viewsartsbossbeard

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:43 - Jan 11 by braveblue

Got to respect the way he handled that. I still think the quality we lost was more down to Evans cashing in than Hurst wanting to get rid.

Show us your working outs, Rachel Riley.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:57 - Jan 11 with 6061 viewshoppy

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:53 - Jan 11 by artsbossbeard

Show us your working outs, Rachel Riley.

You want to see Rachel Riley working out? oh go on then... if we must see that kind of thing...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:58 - Jan 11 with 6040 viewsBluefish

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:57 - Jan 11 by hoppy

You want to see Rachel Riley working out? oh go on then... if we must see that kind of thing...

Alright mate calm down KJ has only been away a day. You need to pace yourself

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 14:01 - Jan 11 with 6012 viewshoppy

"Even so, Ipswich's subsequent struggles suggest that the problems run far deeper than the manager. Since owner Marcus Evans brought in Paul Lambert, a man with the Championship experience that Hurst lacked, they have picked up only six points from the last 12 games."

Strange how he got rid of loads and brought in loads of lower quality players and the subsequent continuing struggles suggest it's not the manager that did that to blame really, isn't it when his replacement isn't able to pick up many points with a squad he can't strengthen at least until January...

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 14:02 - Jan 11 with 5994 viewshoppy

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:58 - Jan 11 by Bluefish

Alright mate calm down KJ has only been away a day. You need to pace yourself

Ha... Monday she went back in, to be fair.

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 14:02 - Jan 11 with 5992 viewsartsbossbeard

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 14:01 - Jan 11 by hoppy

"Even so, Ipswich's subsequent struggles suggest that the problems run far deeper than the manager. Since owner Marcus Evans brought in Paul Lambert, a man with the Championship experience that Hurst lacked, they have picked up only six points from the last 12 games."

Strange how he got rid of loads and brought in loads of lower quality players and the subsequent continuing struggles suggest it's not the manager that did that to blame really, isn't it when his replacement isn't able to pick up many points with a squad he can't strengthen at least until January...

I don't understand why people can't understand this. Understand?

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 14:03 - Jan 11 with 5975 viewswkj

He actually sounds failry human here, worth a punt?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 14:07 - Jan 11 with 5925 viewsfactual_blue

Paul Hurst reflects on Ipswich's struggles and the club's future on 13:57 - Jan 11 by hoppy

https://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/fit-well/celebrity-workouts/rachel-rileys-exerci

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024